(Court Fallout) Nomads and Cigars

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Its the Thaddeus Jay Show!

Tonight, Thaddeus brings about a meeting between the Prince of the Succubus Club and representatives of the Sacramento Domain! Isn't he just amazing! I mean, seriously, could anyone else bring this about?

He's organising some time at the Lilly. Because nothing speaks business like an old style gentleman's club. And because its small, intimate, and no-one can do anything overt. Because old style gentleman's club. Masquerade, people! He's dressing up sharp; cleaning his shoes; working his contacts. He's badgering the Prince; cleaning her off; getting her ready. He's hiring a stretch car and buying up some privacy at one of the big hotels. Because he can.

Thaddeus has organised a quiet booth at the Lily for himself, Lana Khenmity, and some of the local luminaries to meet and discuss the coming Halloween festivities. He is fidgeting in his seat, scanning his twitter feeds and pointedly ignoring his drink. Unconsciously, he edges away from the strong Beast sitting next to him: Lana Khenmity.

Lana Khenmity: Daeva; Prince of the Succubus Club. Tonight she's dressed in a business suit with a pleated skirt and heels. While Thaddeus has been absent in his consumption, this Daeva has been drinking and enjoying a cigarillo. Khenmity has been quiet thus far, waring a mask of aloofness almost as thick as the perfume she wares. The smoke from her cigarillo adds further to her enigmatic allure.

AlphaStrike ErlangShen Matamune

Lana Khenmity
    Blood Potency: 3| Domain Status (Succubus Club): 5| Clan Status: 1| Barfly| Presence 4: Engimatic Femme Fatale

Thaddeus Jay
    Blood Potency: 1| Domain Status (Succubus Club): 3| Clan Status: 1| Barfly
    Attached Images

2. Likes Matamune, Brownlee liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Dressed appropriately for the occasion. Several unanswered questions raced through his mind. He held onto his initial suspicions.

Knocking once to announce his arrival, the Toreador steadied his consciousness. Dark brown eyes fell upon Thadeeus first as that was the first face he recognized. Prey. Then the mysterious woman next to him. Rival.

Perfume and cigar smoke. Ordinarily he would relax enjoy the pleasant scents. But he was alone with these Outsiders. He had to remain cautious.

Closing the door behind him, "Good evening." He awaited Thaddeus for a formal introduction.

-1 for Blush

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Thaddeus looked and beams. Standing, he carefully slides his phone into a pocket and gestures with his other hand:

"Mister Cordoba. May I present Ms. Lana Khenmity, CEO of Succubus Club Enterprises." His words were slick, protecting the Masquerade. "We're a small company. Ms Khenmity runs it like its her private Court and she our dear ruler." He gave the elder Daeva a sly wink, which she held until he withered, while she drew on her cigarillo and exhaled a slow plume of aromatic smoke.

"You must be the representative of the local business community. Thank you for treating with us." She extended a languid hand, a mix of professionalism and old world charm. "Please take a seat. Would you like a drink? A smoke. These are most excellent, by the way."

J
    Juan Cordoba

Dark brown eyes watching Thaddeus slip his phone away. There were a number of possibilities of what the hell he could be doing with the phone. "Thank you Thaddeus." As the lone "representative of the community" with the wandering Prince(ss) and her subordinate, it certainly felt like a trap. Some would call him foolish. Others would say he's doing the Domain a service.

He nodded once, then took his seat. "It is an honor and a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Khenmity." His sight settled on the shadowy figure. "I could certainly go for a drink and a cigar."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Thaddeus nods and gestures to the staff. While he organises the order, Khenmity watched Juan with a certain detachment.

"This is a nice place you have here," she said quietly. "What did you wish to discuss? If we can organise some catering that would be suburb. Otherwise, if I can obtain some permissions for the few months we are here? I do not wish to upset the locals. This is a business. We will be moving on in November."

Lana Khenmity had better things to be doing. However, Lana Khenmity knew that establishing trust and boundaries was important in her line of work.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael is late. It isn't even bordering on deliberately late: it is deliberately late. And the fact that the Seneschal still isn't here is no coincidence either: someone fro mthe office of the Reeve should check out the place before she comes just in case.

The Gangrel is in his usual expensive suit and, of course, there are no weapons. He doesn't need them in a club that doesn't allow metal but allows Claws.

As has become his routine, he stops after entering and breathes in and out a few times as the voices carry with them the Beasts within. On completely unfamiliar and two - barely acquainted. Whem Mike is sure he won't be trying to rip off a head of some nomad Daeva beauty, he walks toward where they are sitting while looking around the room. It doesn't look like there are more than two and a fair number of Kine are present.

Michael shoots a short message to Martha ( Chrisie ):

It's safe, you can come, - MR

It is not even about who is better at combat: the petite Seneschal can probably kick his ass from here to Dallas. It is much more about who is less valuable. As he approaches, Michael puts on his best smile sincerely hoping that none of the inner wolf's sneer seeps into it:

"Mr. Cordoba, Mr. Jay", - he turns to the woman (Gods, does she look good and quite in his taste too), - "My name is Michael Redfill I'm with the local security office. I don't believe we've had the pleasure, Miss?.."

The Doctor idly wonders if the enigmatic woman will introduce herself or let her be introduced.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

It's been a long gap. Let's just do this without Martha in order to have a Halloween party.

Michael takes a long look at the phone and shakes his head:

"The boss can't come right now. I've been given orders to evaluate whether you are a security concern and then you will visit her for a formal invitation", - the doctor gestures to one of the mirrored pillars, - "Let's move to a private booth".

He walks over to an unoccupied room and opens the door, inviting everyone inside, where a table and too cozy sofas are located.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Lana Khenmity rises sedately and, trailed by Thaddeus, follows Michael into the private room. In one hand she carries her glass; in the other, the cigarillo, which finds its way soon enough to her mouth. She sits, puffing contentedly and breathing out an elegant gush of smoke.

"It is Khenmity. Lana Khenmity. Prince of the Succubus Club. You will have met my envoy, I am sure. He attended your last Domain gathering."

Thaddeus, still standing, could only beam happily at the exchange.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan gives a nod of gratitude to the Regent as he holds the door open. "Thank you Mister Redfill." He files into the private room.

The Toreador looks to the Prince(ss) first and nods, "That is correct." Cordoba looks to Thaddeus, "I find him quite the marketeer. Definitely caught my interest." He awaits Redfill to take his seat as the man held a higher status than he could claim.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael sits down on the sofa and makes himself comfortable. Before he was a Deputy, hell, befor ehe was a Vampire, Michael Redfill learned the dance of social interactions. You might think being pleasant and polite is unimportant for a scientist. You would be wrong: try getting grants, hell, just try getting recommendation letters for entering a PhD program with a foot in your mouth. A bit of warmth and a lot of protocol go a long way:

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Khenmity. I hope you are okay with me addressing you without a title outside of your Domain?" - he raises an eyebrow questioningly. She is not of his Domain, Order or Clan so titles normally wouldn't apply but who knows.

"As a Domain official, let me start by welcoming you to Sacramento. We are glad you have come here and hope that your presence will make our nights more entertaining during your stay", - he smiles, - "I, for one, am eager to see what kind of a party you are be able to throw".

The Deputy gets a notepad and a pencil out:

"Now, for the official part. I need to make sure that you understand and are willing to accept the rules. This is the Domain of his Grace, Alder Duke Prince Asa Clarke. Mister Jay's conduct during the last Court was exemplary, despite the... difficulties that arose".

A giant viking beheaded by Culler for Diablerie isn't just a 'difficulty' but this is hardly the time or place to talk about it in-depth with these strangers:

"So I'll skip the briefing on politeness. Just remember that this is an Invictus Domain and the use of proper titles is encouraged", - he looks to Juan, - "This leads me to the next order of business. Since Mr. Cordoba has volunteered for this event I would ask him to provide you with the contact information and proper forms of address for the people whose resources might help you to organize your event, should you need them. Au Pair Sage and Harpy Star come to mind".

This is Michael's 'lecture mode' - his manner is nothing special but rather easy-going:

"Now for the rules. The Three Traditions are to be kept in full. You may temporarily settle and feed inside the Communal Feeding Zone as outlined here", - he shows them his phone where a part of the city has been selected, - "Feeding outside the zone requires permission from the Regent of that area, Racks are also off-limits, you can ask the Seneschal for a paper copy of the map later when you will get the official Acknowledgement".

He taps on the table wondering what else he might have missed before snapping his fingers:

"Yes, the threats. There are Rogue Ghouls on the outskirts of the Domain so I suggest you don't venture out there. If you do encounter them, please call me immediately", - Mike hands them two blank cards with his number, - "There have been Kindred deaths at the Stadium so I suggest you don't go there while the investigation is proceeding. What else... I think that's everything".

The doctor nods to himself as if acknowledging a job well done:

"Do you have any questions for me? I myself would like to ask you in which manner you are going to spend your time in Sacramento".

Socialize, first impressions, 1xx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-16 10:51:04 Michael Redfill rolls 4 to first impressions (Pre + Soc) (10 Again) 5, 1, 10, 1, 5 1 success
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread