DISPLAYED
Wreathed in Wallflowers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life
    Sacramento at Night. The Communal Hunting Grounds are home to many newly arrived Kindred who prowl their streets with a desperate hunger. Some who enjoy the benefits of other regional privileges do still walk the thoroughfares of the bustling Downtown and Northern River City. Lately the Kindred, Konrad Roth, prowls along the edges of Citrus Heights, frequenting the warehouse districts and low-income neighborhoods just beyond the airport that marks its borders. Tonight he walks the street looking for five-fingered discounts. As a pickpocket and burglar he aims to keep his skills well-honed to establish himself in the black market of this city. There are opportunities that await him and he need just be there to witness them.

He passes by a boarded up storefront that marks the end of a the strip mall. A large 'For Lease' sign occupies the window. Small pathways wind around the buildings dotted with untended shrubbery. Konrad considers parked vehicles, pricing their worth. The stores he scans idly for signs of security systems. The few Kine that are still around at these hours are likely closing up shop soon. There might be a chance for Blood to flow.

Rina Yui Cabochard

2. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Ever since discovering that the Regent of Citrus Heights had opened up her Regency to those of the Clan, at least for the purposes of Hunting, Rina both had and had not wanted to use this particular advantage. While on the one hand, it was an excellent resource to use, and she should be thankful that it was available, she approached it with trepidation, for a number of reasons. First, there was the small, unspoken favor she owed this Brady woman, who's goals and affiliations she barely knew. Then there was the possibility of her having misunderstood the permission. If she hunted where was not permitted to, because of some small, archaic, nicety that she had been meant to perform, the Shadow would not survive the night.

So it had taken Rina much effort and thought before she attempted to hunt in this new territory, but at last events had conspired to push her into it. She had entered the Regency slowly, carefully, almost afraid that the instant she lay her foot down within the Heights, she would be struck dead on the spot, and her ashes pushed into the gutters or blown away by the wind. It had taken some time, but at last she was comfortable enough to walk normally. But as she walked past some abandoned stores at a mall, she saw another man there. For a moment, the question of whether he would be her meal for the night passed through her mind, until her Beast raised its hackles, assuring her that, no, he would not.

Rina took the time to stop walking and fight down her Beast before it got her into more trouble by harming another vampire, especially in a territory she wasn't entirely sure she should be in. The effort taken, the moment passed and the darker side of her condition was pushed back into its leash. She began to continue walking forward. Perhaps he did not see me. Perhaps he will leave me be.
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

The beat of his heart rose, given power by the Vitae and spurred on by the Beast as it intensifies under the gaze of another Vampire. Konrad sees her for what she is, her body distinctly unnatural in its pallor and movements. He freezes in places, thoughtful, observant, and angry. The rage surges as he takes a step forward, eager to strike out at this challenger, this invader of his Requiem. But the Danse, the Danse demands he share words and not blows with his fellow immortals. As the cage comes down on his impulsive thoughts, he begins to see her as a woman of Asian descent, somewhat unremarkable. Were it not for the intensity of her Beast he might not have given her notice.

Konrad steps into her path, keeping his eyes on her with careful appraisal. He tries to place her face, perhaps a member of Court. But he cannot recall it from the many that came together that night.

"Peace. I don't remember you, but I have to ask, are you from around here?" Are you a member of this Domain? he wants to ask her, but this is still a public place where voices can carry. He is not on patrol. There is no expectation for him to police the streets for the unacknowledged. Mostly he is just curious, drawn to investigate on this chance encounter.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

A challenge. Her Beast reared its ugly little head, almost slipping off the carefully maintained leash of calm. The woman studied the man, though her perceptions were colored by the fact he was a stranger. Not large, but not small, and definitely larger than herself. He didn't look overly dangerous, but appearances could be deceiving, as she knew well from experience. A slight effort and a push of his Vitae and she could find herself splattered across the wall.

She took a step back to create distance between them; distance would be necessary if she wanted to escape, or even maneuver enough to strike. Her hands twitched towards her boot, where her knife was hidden, but she controlled herself. The man had yet to prove himself an enemy. She took the time to clear her throat, a human gesture but one that she found comforting. "No, I only arrived recently. A few months, in fact, though I have only just begun walking the streets on a regular basis. And yourself?" He seemed comfortable enough to belong, but at the same time many of the rebellious maintained an air of confidence, to fool the unwary. It was her duty to verify his presence was allowed, if not to the Invictus, then to the Domain itself, to maintain order and stability.
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"A few months..." he repeats, nodding his understanding, his gaze drifting away as if he is remembering something. "You must have been at the party then. I guess I didn't see you there." Konrad doesn't close the distance, not wanting to provoke her further. He keeps talking though, trying to keep it friendly as he refocuses on her. "I've just come to town a little more than a month ago, but I've been walking the streets every night. It lets me get to know the city better." The city is alive to Konrad, an organism with its own lifeblood. As a Savage he feels drawn to it, protective even, facing an intruder in the night come to steal its secrets from him.

Konrad lets his eyes leave her as he looks around, a swift glance at their surroundings before meeting her stare once more. "My name is Konrad Roth. Nice to meet you, Miss...?" Konrad prompts for her name, something to link to the soft young features and unnatural complexion.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina considered her response carefully. If she gave him her name, it meant he knew here, and could track her, follow her, learn about her. On the other hand, if she gave him a false name and he found out, which was almost inevitable, there would be worse repercussions. So the small Shadow decided to compromise. Give him enough that he would be satisfied, but little enough he may not be able to completely identify her. "Yui. Miss Yui." She still kept her distance, even rocking on the balls of her feet and keeping her Vitae at the ready to disappear into a blur of speed if necessary. With a little luck, no one would notice. If not, well...she had advance warning. Maybe she could escape the city in time. Maybe.
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

While he isn't the best at reading people, Konrad began to suspect that Miss Yui is coiled tightly like a spring ready to release. He considers that he isn't making a very good impression on her. While both of them have only recently come to the city it wouldn't benefit him to be pissing off other Kindred.

Konrad gives what he believes to be a more friendly smile, though it manifests as a simple smirk on his visage. He holds up both hands defensively. "Hey, relax. I'm not going to bite..." He reconsiders this. "Well, maybe that's a bad way to phrase it. I mean, I just want to talk, like, Miss Yui. Since I'm new here I figure I aught to get to know the residents. If you want, we can go somewhere more public to chat. There's a lot of bars and clubs around if that'd make you more comfortable?"

The Masquerade could be used as a security blanket as well at times. With Kine witnesses, Konrad would be expected to be on his best behavior. Only that would limit their topics of conversation. Right now Konrad just wants to ease Miss Yui's concerns over him. Though maybe he is the one who should be worried...

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

The suggestion of going somewhere else relaxed the Shadow slightly. If he was willing to go out before the very eyes of the Kine in order to secure her trust, then he might actually be worthy of it. Of course, it was also entirely possible that he was merely trying to lure her into a false sense of security so he could ambush her in a back alley. As much as that was a possibility, assuming it was could potentially lose her a useful ally. She took another small step back, clasping her hands in front of her. "I suppose we could. Did you have a suggestion?"
    Aspect of the Predator

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad probes his memory for someplace where two Kindred could share a word with enough privacy to hear each other and enough public presence to keep from losing themselves to their Beasts. "Well there's a Denny's down the street there on Watts and Lincoln," observes Konrad. "Or we could walk a bit of ways along Capital City for a bar. But I figure, coffee's cheaper and its open all night." A warm cup of joe as an ice breaker might work figuratively to melt the tension.

The Savage turns to start walking in that direction. "I'll even let you think it over," he calls out back to her. "Meet me there if you decide you're up for it." Konrad stuffs his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket, leaving his back to her. He's of the opinion that she'll forgo the option of jumping him from behind. Yet he stays on edge, letting his ears listen for an attack. The jacket might give him some protection, and he has his prybar in his inside pocket if he needs it. Or maybe she wouldn't even follow and he'd just have to keep an eye out for her at the next Court.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

It took the woman a little while to think, as the other man walked away. As much as she naturally distrusted the stranger, he could have something to offer. So, grudgingly, she followed along behind him, carefully walking in the dark side of the sidewalk, away from the lights and cars that ran by, hands held at the ready and eyes resting the whole time on the other creature of the night.
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread