Ended
Watch

End of Summer BBQ

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
    C
    C_Lloyd

Nigel was a very nice person before he become Krumm. Not for a single moment would he have considered thinking ill of a woman, no matter her attitude. But now, things were different. Krumm's thoughts moved at the speed of light, assessing, judging, balancing and weighing. But at the end of it all, they all ended up in the same place.

Mal was a bitch.

Her position didn't matter. Sure Jeffrey may have been a little out of line, but it was all in good fun. But to consider anyone here less than her equal? Maybe not in combat, sure. But none of the lost had a value greater than the others. If she didn't believe that, perhaps she didn't deserve her fancy title.

With an indignant grunt, Krumm walked over to the buffet line and started loading the food on his plate. "Thanks for all the hard work man, " he said to Marcus as he piled the food on. "Is she always like this? If so, I'd rather not deal with her outside of her 'official' capacity."

Tony laughed quite merrily as Lucas commented on his Bronx links and shook his head. "I really don't know about that, sir! I always found it was best to have other, bigger guys around, especially if my flowery and sometimes complex vocabulary could not help me out of a sticky spot! Sometimes, it worked, other times not quite." Another chuckle followed by a toothy grin.

The sounds of two voices competing caught his attention and Tony looked towards Malory and Jeffery. One was the Iron Adjutant the other, seemingly, a no one. A new arrival, just like he. A wry smile as he had possibly found a potential candidate.

The simmering outbreak of violence, all too common within the Crimson Spear, was quickly locked to a stalemate of barbs as the King reinstated his command. Tony was certainly impressed but as his stomach growled, he waited his turn until Marcus gave him some chicken.

"Many thanks, sir!" Tony replied before moving aside slightly but standing near to Krumm, listening in on his conversation.

3. Likes Jag liked this post

Bump anyone. Duncan wants to play some Calvinball!!

Marcus Evan

PRE

"My pleasure. Thanks for coming."

After slinging meat on everyone else's plates, Marcus eventually succumbs to the growling of his own stomach and sits down to eat. After a while, most of the food has been devoured by the summer courtiers in attendance and Marcus is sitting back with a hand on his full belly when he notices that he is being given a look by Duncan.

"Oh, is it that time?"

Pushing himself up with a grunt, the metalflesh briefly disappears into his garage before reappearing with a large trash bin in one hand and a bright red soccer ball in the other. Dropping the bin next to the keg for any garbage that has accumulated, Marcus proceeds to walk into the center of his backyard and holds up the ball as he addresses his guests. Duncan would be the only one in attendance that would recognize that it is a different ball than last time.

"Right. This is not a normal football..."

Marcus raises an eyebrow at Duncan.

"...or soccer ball as you lot call it. It is actually a Calvinball. Each game of Calvinball is different because each player must make up a new rule when they have possession of the ball. You can't repeat any rules you've ever made before, so Duncan and I will have to keep each other honest. Do we want to play teams or every man for himself?"

Looking over at his fellow elemental, the metalflesh speaks in a low voice that can be overheard but is obviously meant for the snowskin.

"I couldn't find the masks. You don't think Rust would have taken them, do you?"

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Ever seen a man eat so fast? No? The what Duncan achieves is pretty special. Bacon and chicken is devoured with steam escaping from his mouth at every bite, a conflicting maelstrom of heat and bitter cold. Not that the Elemental cared. Cooked meat was always awesome.

He tipped the bones into the bin and waggled his eyebrows to Marcus as he announced to the group the game itself. Thinking back, Duncan was trying to recall the stupidity that had arisen between them, up until the point when Duncan had been forced to reveal the twisted mark that had been forcefully placed into his pale flesh, threatened by the kidnapping of Lyle.

The thought of that time made Duncan's Mantle flare briefly just as Marcus mentioned to him about the masks. The Summer grinned before holding up a finger. With his other hand, he delved into the pocket of his pants. When it came out, like a magician, four red bandanas came out also with eye-holes cut out.

"After last time, I borrowed them for when you guys got Lyle back. He loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," Duncan said with a look that he hoped Marcus would understand. "Although, the boy's getting older now. Gone off kid's stuff." That look again, which made the Snowskin appear older than he was. "Thought you wouldn't mind."

8. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post
    F
    FrereSebastian

He watched Mal make her remarks. He watched her pose. He watched her strut her attitude around. She could probably kick his ass, but it didn't matter. She was a bitch. That was her nature.

The contracts of Summer were called in to assist and make sure the didn't kill each other. Jeffrey could respect that. The Monarch gave the order to step down. Fair enough. He stopped posturing, but kept his eyes locked on Mal's.

"The Monarch says 'enough'." The Ogre shrugged. He would either get his come uppance soon enough or that Bitch Mal would get shown up soon enough. That was the way of Summer. He broke eye contact with Mal and looked towards their Monarch. He bowed politely and turned his back to Mal to walk away.

"Uhhh... Sorry about that." He half apologizes and half stares at the food.

Looks like it might be time to feed himself on something other than Dog to hopefully make himself feel better. He moved towards Marcus at the grill, and awkwardly made as if to trade the brown bag vodka for a helping of sizzling meat. After Jeffrey finishes eating his fill, Marcus started to explain something about Calvin Ball.

Due to the lag in posting for this scene, it is being narrated forward. Everyone present has already eaten as much as they like and might be finishing up any leftovers as Marcus speaks. But the food is all gone and the grill is cold now, so it's time to play a game. This scene will be closing in one week.

After having put a stop to the squabble between Jeffrey and Mal, the King feasted upon the food provided by Marcus. Lucas savored every last bit of meat, taking his time to enjoy everything he had piled up on his plate. Washing it down with another bottle of Red Stripe, the Darkling cleaned up after himself before turning his attention towards their host. He listened to the Metalflesh talk about the game they were about to play.

"Calvinball?" he said, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips. "Can't say I've heard of it before." Lucas paused for a moment, looking around at the rest of the Lost gathered. "Hmmm, I think breaking up into two teams would be fun," he said as he turned back to face Marcus. The King wanted to foster feelings of brotherhood amongst them after all, and perhaps this would help a bit in pursuing such a goal.

"It's more fun when someone else has got your back, don't you think?"

12. Likes CyledyrWyllt liked this post
    C
    C_Lloyd

I guess I could use the diversion.

"I'm with the Monarch on this one, for what it's worth, "
    replied Krumm as a playful grin spread across his face. "Since you're keeping each other honest, why don't you two be captains. Duncan, Marcus. Do it playground style..."

Krumm's voice trailed off, and his grin faded as he reached the end of his sentence. "Yeah. Playground style." The Ogre put his hands in his pockets and nodded. "Sound good?" A weak, but sincere smile crept up, replacing the previously energetic grin.

To anyone watching it may have come to some surprise at just how delicately Tony ate his food, carefully negotiating the protruding tusks with some medium of grace and decorum. Perhaps it was the way he was raised or the fact he quite liked his pants, and BBQ-sauce would never touch his skinny jeans as long as he drew breath.

Once finished, Tony cleaned away his plate and stood, patiently waiting to hear about Calvinball. He'd heard of the game before, of course he had, but had never participated. Hands in pockets, a wry smile touching his lips, the Troll leaned lopsided on his hip, waiting to start, not particularly worried about teams.

The only issue he had with teamwork is dividing up the spoils at the culmination of a quest.

Page 4 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread