Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

End of Summer BBQ

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

Duncan couldn't help but chuckle at Mal's response, pleased that she hasn't kicked anyone in the crotch yet. That's a definite improvement.

"Get off!" the Snowskin replies with a grin, swatting Marcus' hands away. "Ain't you got some Hedge to go protect, Metalhead?"

When Lucas arrived, Duncan saluted the King with his beer. "Cheers, Milord!" he grins, always the joker. It was good to see Lucas out and about. Since the fall, the Courts had withdrawn slightly, for fairly good reason and it had been up to those with ranks to act as the face of the Seasons. Being seen in public was a good sign for the future.

And then Marcus got all serious, talking about business stuff at a party.

It was all the opening Duncan needed.

"What's wrong, Marcus? Scared of Bee Are Jay?" he asked, drinking his beer as he winked at anyone paying him any heed.

2. Likes Jag liked this post

The gathering continued and Tony's stomach growled as the delightful smells of cooking meat wafted towards him. He listened intently to the bonds between those in attendance, getting the feeling that Marcus and Duncan knew each other very well. It was a mark of Brotherhood that could only be created through the Crimson Spear.

The Farwalker seemed eager to meet the King, whereas the lone girl in the group had the title of second-in-command, and was the target of some ribbing. Still, her ability to dish it back made the Ogre grin as he navigated his cup expertly between both gold-encrusted tusks. The Manikin seemed quiet and, alas, boring.

Not wishing to be left out, Tony took a step closer to Lucas and offered an intricate bow with a dash of flair. "A pleasure and an honor to meet you, sir!" the Ogre began with much elegance in his voice. "My name is Tony Shine, another new arrival to your domain from the city of New York, the Bronx freehold to be exact. I have heard some very interesting rumors of the city and have come to give my assistance however I can."

Justin's eyes narrowed slightly as he watched the arrival of Brother Lucas and the rush to gladhand the Summer Sovereign. And that was something he wasn't going to do.

He would go other and join the others because it was expected of him, but beyond that he felt that Brother Lucas probably didn't know he even existed. For a moment he wished he could summon up the shades of Spartan, Rook, and Anya and they could all say fuck it, let's go hang out over at the Forge or something.

And let us not forget that Spartan didn't hand out titles like candy. Second in charge my ass.

Still, a higher than emotional response was warranted here. The only thing that he would accomplish if he attempted to pull off an Irish exit would be to seal the deal in making himself look like an idiot and in all likelihood piss off his host. Without a word, Justin walked over to the others and just. stood. there. as he did when he was trying to sort out the cues he needed to follow and....

Take the chance.

"Hello, Brother Lucas. I'm sure we may have met somewhere along the line, but, my name is Justin."

What next? Oh yeah.

He offered his hand in an attempt at a friendly handshake.

Ball's in your court now.

5. Likes Jag, Forn Clakes liked this post
    G
    Greebs

Okay. So. It's not over yet. Not even close. This job would have her walking on eggshells for years to come... assuming she didn't blow it before then. When to show strength? When to just let things slide...?

She shot Marcus a Look. Just because she was making an effort not to be a monstrous, rampaging bitch, didn't mean she wanted to Encourage this sort of nonsense. But he clearly felt he had the right to rib anything that moved, and like Duncan, she was unlikely to convince him otherwise by thinking with her Wolf-Brain.

This asshole, however? She drew the line at being mocked by some un-pledged nobody, fresh from nowhere that mattered. "Do not mistake a moment of Levity for Licence, Jeff." she said, sternly, her eyes blazing, a low growl nursed at the back of her throat. She clearly wasn't in the mood to play. "It is Malory, or Miss Grey. My friends call me Mal. Nobody calls me 'Honey'. Do I make myself clear?"

0 Suxx. Let the mocking continue...Goddamnit dice roller.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-05 07:28:41 Malory Grey rolls 8 to Check your Privilege Nooby (Pre+Int+Status+2glam) (10 Again) 3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 2, 4, 3 failure

"You can introduce Yourself. They do not bite."

I, on the other hand...

F
    FrereSebastian

For the first time in a long time, the Ogre's grin faded. Maybe she feels the need to pick on the newbie because she's uncertain of her social standing among the court? He thought to himself as Mal tried to reassert her dominance. Inwardly, Jeffrey knew that she was the second in command and that she was someone to be respected; however, she should know that you never dress someone down in front of others. She showed a lack of experience in leadership. Maybe it was her insecurity, or maybe he felt like she needed a little more bite to her bark.

"My. Name. Is. Jeffrey." He enunciated each word so that she could hear him. The Ogre cocked his head to the right, fixating his hungry stare at the area of Mal's neck where her jugular vein would be. "The beauty of the Summer Court is that I don't need to waive around a title to prove my worth. We're all equal here." His unblinking eyes started tracing the vein's path up and down her neck.

"Unless you're the Monarch, Iron Adjutant, you are no better than me. You can bark all you want, but words are wind. You don't get to talk down to me, got it?" He tilted his neck right and left, eliciting an audible crack of bone, and rolled his shoulders to the front so that she could see that he wasn't just a pushover.

1 sux intimidation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-05 08:58:16 Jeffrey rolls 5 to I'm the Alpha (Presence+Intimidation+Physical Threats Spec) (10 Again) 9, 7, 5, 1, 2 1 success

"Respect isn't demanded. It's earned. So if you have a problem with that you can try and earn it now, or you can go and fuck yourself. I came here to have a good time." He raised up the bottle of vodka contained in the brown paper bag, as if to emphasize. His hungry eyes traced her face, eager to see her response.

C
    C_Lloyd

"Brother Lucas it is then, " said Krumm. "It's nice to meet you." Krumm mostly kept to himself after meeting the Monarch, observing the interactions between the other courtiers. He smirked as the Mal character paraded her new(?) title around, but he kept the applause to himself. It was good to see the lost enjoying themselves, despite the hardships they've been through.

But then Mal barked. Jeffrey barked, back, and Krumm remembered that this was nothing like home. It was nothing like family. It was just a bunch of mal-content survivors trying to maintain some semblance of sanity. Krumm growled in annoyance and went to pour himself some coke.

"Do you two have to do this now?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

"If you'll excuse me..."

The earnest expression on Marcus' face quickly changes into a look of wry amusement as he slowly turns away from Lucas in order to give Duncan one final poke to the gut.

"I'm sure the hedge is just fine, Frosty the Doughman. The only thing I'm scared of is that you'll try to eat all my bacon."

Focusing his attention back on the grill, the elemental opens the lid and uses the tongs to check if any of the sizzling meat is done yet. After picking up his beer and swallowing another mouthful of Red Stripe, Marcus sets it back down and cups a hand to his mouth.

"COME AND GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!! MOO, CLUCK, AND OINK!!! STEP RIGHT UP AND TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!!!"

Everyone can see the assortment of burgers, chicken breasts, and sausages on the grill as well as the shallow pan of bacon on the upper rack. Marcus will fill up a plate with whatever each guest would like before pointing out the buns, cheese, and condiments on the picnic table. Without being asked, the metalflesh loads up a plate with one of each type of meat and hands it over to the smirking snowskin.

"Right. Who's next?"

10. Likes Jag liked this post

Lucas nodded in response to Marcus' words. "Well, I do hope this will be one of many celebrations," he said to the Metalflesh, offering him a genuine smile before taking another sip from his beer. "Glad you like it. I discovered it a few years back while doing some missionary work in Jamaica." The Darkling took another swig from his bottle of Red Stripe, savoring its flavor while he listened to Marcus' request. "I'd be happy to entertain such a request, especially if there are others who wish to swear today as well. That being said, let's leave that for later. I want to enjoy some good old BBQ first," said the King, letting out a hearty chuckle.

As others began to introduce themselves, Brother Lucas turned his attention to them. "It is a pleasure to meet you Tony," he said to the Troll, extending his hand in greeting. "The Bronx, huh? I bet you can handle yourself quite well then." He offered Tony a quick wink after saying those words, turning towards Justin afterwards. "Hello Justin. I believe we've met in passing, but I'm glad you could make it out today," he said to the Manikin, returning the handshake in a sincere gesture of friendship.

Everything seemed to be according to plan, until he heard the Iron Adjutant getting into a pissing match with one of the new guys. It wasn't like he didn't expect tempers to flare up a bit; they were the Court of Wrath after all. However, there was a time and place for everything, and if the pair wanted to settle their differences, they could do so in their own time.

"That's enough."

There was no point in yelling and instigating further conflict, so Lucas kept his cool and just spoke the words. However, his mantle flared up slightly as he said them. He looked at Mal and Jeffrey in turn, making sure that the two of them understood that his words were not a request. What's more, the King's words appeared to take away the anger that the two of them felt towards each other just a couple of seconds ago.

"Settle this later. For now, let us enjoy the food and drink," he added after a moment's pause; the serious expression in his eyes fading away slowly as it was replaced by a gentler expression and a friendly smile.

7 suxx Sundown Eyes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-06 08:34:20 Lucas Gregory rolls 12 to Presence+Socialize+Mantle-highest Composure to "Sundown Eyes" (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 6, 10, 9, 10, 8, 8, 6, 8, 7, 5, 5, 9, 4 7 successes

OOC: Exceptional Success on Sundown Eyes: Combat ends. Even if the people involved cannot resolve their differences, they refuse to use violent means of interacting with one another for the rest of the scene. I know technically they are not in "combat" but I guess that depends on your interpretation of combat. One could argue there's some "social combat" going on, since dice were thrown after all. Please keep in mind that the effects of this Contract will remain in effect for the rest of the scene

12. Likes Forn Clakes, CyledyrWyllt liked this post

Fight? What fight?

Duncan was already at the front of the queue with his plate waiting for Marcus to load up, grinning as his buddy piled on the food.

Because, at the end of the day there were three things in life that Duncan loved; His son, his sports, and grub.

Especially bacon. Anything that was cooked to the state of being crispy was good with the Snowskin. He'd spent time in a ice wasteland. Not much cooked meat there.

14. Likes CyledyrWyllt, Jag liked this post
    G
    Greebs

Intimidated? Me? NOPE!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-05 10:27:49 Malory Grey rolls 9 to Nuh-uh! (Res+Comp+AW) (10 Again) 1, 2, 1, 2, 10, 10, 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 5, 9 8 successes

There was a distinctly contemptuous look in Mal's eye as Jeffrey just tied himself in one massive knot of contradictions and double-standards that left her at a loss for words as to where to start unpicking it.

I mean really? Equal? Even in Super-Happy-Everyone-Just-Gets-Along Sacramento, the Iron Spear probably had the most rigid hierarchy of any of the Courts.

The Hunterheart cocked her head in confusion at the strange series of movements he undertook. Maybe it was some sort of Ogre-y dominance behaviour? But she wasn't very impressed... She didn't really mind being at a loss for words either, as he clearly had his head so far up his bum, he wasn't going to hear any reasonable rebuttal she could make anyway. If she had to rip the chip off his shoulder and beat him with it to get a little common courtesy out of the arrogant assbutt, so be it.

Her fists were already balled, that characteristic tension knotting whipcord muscle from head to toe... and then it all melted away. She only realised she'd been that tense because the sensation was suddenly loosed. Like a puppet with all the strings cut at her King's command. Like Magic...

She badly wanted to smack that smug, arrogant, entitled sonofabitch square in the mouth, but it wasn't happening. She just couldn't bring herself to make that fist and swing...

"You are an Outsider." she growled, words coming back to her, when actions were no longer an option. "Unpledged. Unproven. Nobody. Your Mantle got you through the door, but What makes you feel entitled to such unearned respect as to be considered anyone's 'Equal'?"

She folded her arms then and scowled. You didn't back down from something like this. Even if you were being prevented from actually seeing it to the logical conclusion by stupid Priest-King-hokiness. Flinching? Walking away? Better to have just let him laugh at her expense in the first place.

Stupid, ill-mannered assbutt was making her look like a model Subordinate!

Since I was just giving a window for anyone who wanted to butt in to do so before rolling initiative anyway, that seems appropriate :P

Page 3 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread