Ended
Watch
21 - 25
DISPLAYED
Confession Service I

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

Michael nods, appreciatively.

"This place..." he says, gesturing with a wide sweep of his hand. "You've told me your hopes and plans for it. Until my time in the city is complete, I would like to offer an exchange; if you will allow me to meet with you here - to share information or simply to speak on anything two veterans and scholars might -in exchange for my efforts to see your dream become a reality. I'm not much of a craftsman, but I have been afforded a moderate allowance from Abgal's rather extensive funds. Your choice to accept or not: but I rather hope you will." Michael allows a small, genuine smile. "You're an admirable man among literal bloodsuckers."

Thomas Galilei

Blood Potency: O O
    Presence: O O O (Dignified)
    O Status: Lancea Sanctum
    O Status: Domain
    O Status: Ventrue
    OO Distinctive Voice: Quiet Certainty

PRE

Thomas does a poor job of veiling his surprise. He takes a moment to listen for God's voice before screaming 'Yes.' After some seconds of not hearing 'No,' he speaks.

"Mr. Travis, I'm inclined to accept your very generous offer, on condition:

One. My dream is not to subcontract any of the labor. Though we may purchase supplies, I'd like to instill a sense of ownership in our community by having every task done by a volunteer. This may slow our effort, but I believe the object of the church is not the building itself.

Two. I have a day priest, a Kine: Father Andrews, an old man I keep on staff to handle trivium which must be accomplished during regular business hours: zoning permits, inspection, etcetera. He is not to be harmed or fed from as he is of unique value and I have no replacement. He does not enter the grounds except by appointment.

Three. My loyalties are to God, my Prince, and my chain of command--this is just Bishop Connery at the moment. If you find in time that your purpose crosses theirs, I can't have you involved with affairs here at the church.

If, after thought, you can accept these--knowing that your offering is to God and his good work in our community, and not to me--I accept, and offer you the following:

One. In time, I will recommend you to the Bishop as a Deacon. You needn't be Sanctified to accept, and may choose the responsibilities of your laity office. I expect that finance will be among them. This would garner you some respect in our community, some associations, and even a pretense slash disguise which might help you achieve your ends. I will do this when you've proven I can trust you fully.

Two. You can consider this place as much your own as it is mine. You may store things here which do not compromise Sanctum purpose--the office remains locked. You can arrange to have meetings, provided heresy and treason remain off the agenda. You can even stay here if you like; we've no security at the moment, but a Haven is a Haven, and you seem to be your own security.

This is all subject to change, of course, as things move forward, but I promise to give you fair say. Beginning next month, I plan to host volunteers, to build our community as well as our church."

Thomas pulls a key ring from his pocket, removes his spare, and holds it forth. "Regardless of your decision, Mr. Travis, I'm very pleased to have met you, am even inclined to call it providence. And however you shall choose, I hope that we might friends."
    =====================
    Active Effects: Blush; Kamen: Tatemae (Perfect Calm)

Scenes

=====================

PRE

Michael feels the gravity of Thomas's words. In some ways it was just a business proposal. It would make sense that if their interests were ever in conflict the two would simply terminate the agreement. In other ways, perhaps more explicitly, it was an alliance. Michael wanted to trust the man. Hell, he's what the Damned need right now. There always was the possibility, among any Kindred, of some sort of betrayal - on his or Thomas's part - but this was means to an end. Michael could put aside the money he had budgeted for hotels to pay for materials. He could take on some kind of identity to prepare for the possibility of a long term stay. For Michael, the benefits outweigh the risks.

"You've taken the offer a step further, I see. This solves the problems of remaining anonymous and staying at a different hotel every few nights. It was becoming a logistical nightmare." He levels his eyes with the man before reaching out to accept the key. "Believe me, Mr. Galilei, when I say that as long as our interests align I will honor this agreement. I can't promise that they always will, but if we ever become on opposite sides of a conflict... I will leave this key here and never disturb the sanctity of this place again." I would hate to see it end that way. Michael closes his hand over the key, holding it there for a second before taking it and putting it in his pocket.

"What would you prefer I call you?" he asks. Michael listens to the priest's response and makes a mental note of it. "In this place, and among others we can both trust, please call me Erim. It is the title Abgal has given me. the word means both 'servant' and 'soldier'."

Thomas Galilei

Blood Potency: O O
    Presence: O O O (Dignified)
    O Status: Lancea Sanctum
    O Status: Domain
    O Status: Ventrue
    OO Distinctive Voice: Quiet Certainty

PRE

"Erim." Thomas tries the word out. "I'm called Father Galilei in public; in private you may call me Thomas, or whatever feels natural." He nods, pleased with their transaction. Perhaps, by exposure, the man might convert. The city has need of a good Paladin, an office for which Erim seems well-qualified. For now, he's more than happy to accept a possible Deacon and friend.

"Before I retire for the day, I'll add a few things. For one, you should meet Josephine Sterling, after you're settled and when it's convenient. I imagine she will soon be running the laity half of Sanctum affairs in Sacramento. I'll leave you her number and write her so you won't be unannounced. She's charming and learned; I fancy you'll get along royally.

Secondly, take whatever liberties you like with the office, as you'll be staying there. Add a deadbolt, a bed, personal computer--whatever you like; it's yours for the time being. If you need me for anything at all, I hope you'll call." Thomas takes a look around the church they'd just toured together--already it is doing God's work, to Thomas' immense satisfaction. "Welcome home, Erim." Thomas dons his coat, ready to depart.

OOC

@%1;
    =====================
    Active Effects: Blush; Kamen: Tatemae (Perfect Calm)

Scenes

=====================

PRE

Michael nods. He casts another glance around the church at the mention of 'liberties', imagining a few changes.

"Thomas, then." Michael sets his jaw with a look of satisfaction. A few arrangements would need to be made, but he would gladly call this place 'home' for now. He would gladly call Thomas a friend - if he could get past the fact that the man might one day be on the other side of Michael's gun.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread