Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper beamed, then dove her hands towards her bag. "So, I do carry an mp3 everywhere even when i don't plug into it..." she pulled it out, clicking through menus to bring up the song in question.

She dangled and earbud to Avis. "Want to listen?"

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Sure," Avis said, accepting the music device. Why not? Worst came to the worst and it would be something like the Boss and she could just unplug then. Besides, she was curious just what song would so cheerfully tell people to go fuck off.

And listen she did. Twice. Her brows rising and falling, as surprise turned into amusement, and then a sort of concentration that was quite at odds with the song. Eventually, she unplugged and handed the device back over, expression thoughtful.

"I've honestly never heard anything like that before. And...it's really interesting. Like, on one hand, she's obviously talking about how hate is evil, but she's also saying she hates that evil. She hates those who hate. Which, I think is important. Like I said earlier, hate is a fire, too. It can be helpful. It serves a purpose, just like happiness or love. It's dangerous, cause obviously people use it for evil things, like being homophobic, but I think it's also the emotion that lets us combat evil. What do you think?" Avis asked.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper wasn't sure if she was more amused at the level of seriousness on Avis's face, or the fact that she listened to the song twice. Either way, she was trying to resist laughing too much by the time she got her ear phones back and was putting it away.

She snickered, just once with the serious question, but mostly calmed down as she thought about it. "I'd believe it. Interesting that you got it from that song, but I'd believe it. From interviews and stuff, the singer mentioned that the song was directed at a specific public figure with a lot of influence. But the general idea is probably there, and you're right about using fire to fight what's already burning too." Pepper gave a small shrug, not sure where the conversation would go next.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis nodded, idly tapping her fingers on the table. Her eyes flicked down to watch the little appendages move. Overall, she was glad Pepper had agreed with her. Still, in some way, it just made things seem bleak. Or, well, maybe she was feeling that way because she was finally ready to wind down, and the world never seemed bright while exhausted.

"You're pretty awesome, Pepper," she said, looking up, "and I really appreciate the pie. Someday, it'll be my treat. For now, though, I think my mental fuel is running low, and it's time to get back. I probably shouldn't keep you longer from your work, either, " she added, gesturing at the manuscript and then sliding out of the booth.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, and gave a cheerful wave. "I'll see you some other time, It was nice talking to you."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Same. It was -- kind of a shitty night until I met you. Guess fate decided I could use a break," Avis threw back with a wry smile. She passed by her old table and threw down the rest of her check, then paused, snatched up a paper-dollar-thing, and threw down another bill to make up for it.

"Hey, um, thanks again," Avis said, returning to Pepper's table and throwing her little offering down in front of the Acanthus. "Have a good night, Peps," she said in farewell, waving briefly before turning and heading out of the restaurant, back towards home.

The Offering

7. Likes West liked this post
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper nodded, grinning broadly. "Glad I made things better, have a nice night yourself." She barely got it out before being completely enchanted by the little sea turtle sitting on the table now. She picked it up, grin growing wider and slowly stroked the 'shell' with a finger. 'So cute.'

9. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Awesome Scene! \o/

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread