Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
A Night Out on the town (OPEN)

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

PRE

Michael's eyes widened, almost imperceptibly, at the Daeva's mention of 'construction'. Even Incubi have their uses, it would seem. Michael decides that he won't leave the lounge before telling Richard about the church. All in good time. He waits for Mr. Black to finish before continuing.

"I used to be in the US Navy, so most of my expertise lies in related fields. Before that, however, I graduated from college with a degree in History. I wanted to become an archeologist. My employer's interests, as it so happens, have often included ancient archeological sites - I've even spent time learning the basics of Sumerian." he pauses, unsure if they would get the reference. "The ancient cuneiform tablets containing the first known written language were written in Sumerian." Michael rubs his chin, choosing his next words carefully. The Masquerade can be a nuisance, sometimes. "Ms. Villiers and I seem so share some talents as well, though she has much more experience." Michael silently hoped the group knew Ms. Villiers was also a Shadow.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She listened as the Richard explained in more detail his specialties. And to say his request of having her model for him surprised her would be an understatement. She knew she was attractive to some extent, but never would consider herself attractive enough to model. Another sip of the gin is taken as she thinks over an answer.

“It sounds like you are a man of many talents Mr Black.” She replied, lowering the drink, carefully rotating her wrist to move the liquid around. “And you certainly flatter me with your offer.” She admitted. It would be a lie if she wasn’t at least somewhat intrigued by his words. What woman doesn’t want to model at some point in her life, or unlife? “I would love to see some of your work one evening.”

Her eyes then study Michael as he talks more of his skills.

“Sounds like you both have valuable skills to offer the city.” She says with a nod of her head.

“You should sit down and talk with Dr French Mr Travis,” she says, “She is the lead archeologist at a dig currently underway in the city. She also is part of the security team for the city, and is quiet pleasant to have a conversation with.” At least the times she has spoken with Emma had been enjoyable.

She smiles, “Ms Villiers is a jewel and an asset to the city. A woman of many talents.” she replies.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Not sure who is still active in this thread. I am just going to leave my post here and see how it goes. Also for the sake of timeline, Richard has previously met Emma at court, but we will neglect the fact that he was also introduced to Daniella there"

Richards fought himself to disguise the surge of blood essence which livened his face at the mention of Emma by her proper title as a doctor. Reassembling himself to continue the conversation, as he did so a waiter whom had been frantically serving the busy lounge finally locked eyes on him long enough for him to size hold of her attention. Immediately she hasted her pace until she stood almost too close to him and stumbled over her words as she offered him a drink. Shooting her with a manly smirk that could have easily made her knees weak he accepted a Gin and Tonic before bringing it to his lips and dipping his tongue in seductively, all the while locking his coffee brown eyes with hers. "Thank you sweetness. That will be all for now..Do come check on me again though. " he said dismissively while waving his hand for her to scoot. As soon as she left him he cut to the chase and downed the shot in one quick gulp.

Returning to where he left off in the conversation, Richard continued, "Dr. French is indeed one good for a conversation. In my brief encounter with her she did mention something about archaeology, I wouldn't want to do her a disservice by falsely quoted her though I'm afraid. If you would like to arrange a meeting with her I am sure that I could be of assistance." he said to Travis, once again once again disguising his motives in the midst of casual courtesy. Though he figured if Travis had met with Miss.Villers then he most likely already had Emmas contact information. As for Daniella, Richard certainly didn't miss the subtle signals of his flattery hitting the mark. This is what his clan did best, even in the presence of other Kindred, Richard only knew one way to seek his goals, and that was to charm them into submission. "I'd say that I have picked up a skill or two in my nights but none compare to the way in which I can both capture beauty and destroy it with my hands. " He spoke no lies to her, it wasn't his style. The same affinity he had to sculpt what he vainly considered to be masterpieces, his boxing prowess made it just as easy to create another form of arm, one that was painted in blood and cartilage. It was the novice devil that implied deceit to his tongue, he had learned that from his Mistress. The truly lethal Daeva needed no such trickery to be appealing. The effort was simply in the selection of truth and it's deliverance. Leaning forward Richard rested his weight on his elbow which sat on his knee allowing him to peer into the eyes of Ms. Sage. He was being rather forward, and he knew it. Tonight, (as well as the next few in his foreseeable future) would be spent testing the waters of this domain. He wanted to see just how much he could rely on what came natural to him so that he could properly guide the requiems that would no doubt be the centerfold of his unlife in this city. He wanted to test how potent his charms really were against those with the power to resist, he needed to find out if searing gazes, a rigid voice, and piercing smile would be challenged for the emptiness that they truely were. As with all Daeva he was sure, on the inside, he was as vile as any other, but as long as he remained pleasant to the senses his desires could normally be achieved. "But what good is an artist without inspiration? Sheering stone makes for little more than petty relics. Designed in the likeness of the beautiful is when it truly becomes art. The one and only eternal thing there is."
    -1 Vitae to consume the drink

PRE

"I will have to get a hold of Dr. French, then. I imagine we would have much to discuss. Michael responds, thoughtfully. "I understand, also, that you and I could discuss politics at some point, Ms. Sage."

Michael notes the typical Daeva flair with which Richard carries on. It may seem charming, but Michael feels his patience eroding. Is he looking for work or trying to pick up a date? He doesn't let his irritation show - it would be counterproductive. As it was, several opportunities were opening up for Michael and he did not want to lose focus.

"I might have an odd job or two for you, myself." Michael says, almost interjecting himself between Richard and Ms. Sage. It might come across as rude, but Michael was a man of action. Too much time had been lost since Michael's arrival in the city, and he was all too eager to keep the gears turning. The Incubus would probably just have to look past the small slight. "It just so happens that I've taken up residence with Father Galilei in his somewhat threadbare little church. I would be happy to pay you for your services in restoring it to some of its former beauty. The sooner the better, in fact." He feels satisfied with that, hoping to follow up on several of these new possible avenues. He casts a glance to each member of the assembled group.

"I'm glad we all happened across each other as we did. I imagine, though, that much of our future business would be better off if conducted in a more private setting."

If no one else has anything important to add, we should probably bring the scene to a close. Don't let me stop you from adding your last two cents, though.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

As the evening progresses, Michael eventually relaxes. His companions seem eager to share their talents: something he used to do more often in his younger nights. Now... things are different:

"Ah, archaeology. Ancient artefacts are a particular interest of mine, Mr. Travis. Your talent will be useful more often than you might thing: many of the club's activities have one thing or other to do with archaeology and there are many in the city who can help you deepen your understanding of it".

Richard's set of skills gets more than a passing interest, though:

"Do you do commissions? I have a couple ideas as to decorating my home with sculptures".

I'm ok with letting the evening fade into pleasant conversation as everyone exchanges contact info.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She couldn’t help but be amused with Richard. Unlike some Daeva, she wasn’t so easily swayed by pretty words and empty promises. Her looks had not played a role in her success.

“You speak lovely words Mr Black, and I would be lying if I said it wasn’t flattering.” She responded with a smile, leaning in as well, “But flattery will only get you so far in this dangerous danse we do, at least with me. I’m a woman of the Shadows, puzzles and games are much more fun for me.” Her smile turning coy as she leans back. She wasn't being rude, just letting him know things were not so simple.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

“But I agree, an artist needs an inspiration. And with my love of art, I would never stand between or stop an artist from doing what he does best. Perhaps we should spend an evening at one of the cities fine gallery’s and discuss the finer points of art.” She offered, any excuse to be in one of the gallery’s made her night.

An eyebrow is raised at his mention of politics. She did not know his Covenant of choice, but she was always open for this discussion. A smile is then turned to Michael,

“Politics you say?” she says, “Always an interesting topic for discussion, especially if we have varying views.” She then smirks, “But I would welcome it! Please let me know when you would be free and we can meet in my office.” She replied, her tone excited. Obviously it was something she was looking forward to.

“Excellent! I’m sure you will find her company quite enjoyable.” She replies.

She listens as he talks jobs with Richard, wondering why one would find a Haven within a Church? Religion had never held any interest for her, though she did find others interest in it intriguing. Another small sip is taken of her drink as she watches the interaction between the two different men.

And then the conversation turns back to art, she simply observes the interaction.

I'm also ok with it
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Richard first chooses to address Travis in response to the job offer. "That's a deal. I'll shoot you my contact information and we can meetup at the church for a consultation. After I see exactly how much work needs to be done, we can discuss payment." Richard was pleased with the prospect of doing simple construction work, it was his trade of choice and would be an easy way to make progression in the domain. Something that wouldn't require abstract politicing, just him and a set of tools for him to focus on. "I am not opposed to taking in commissions. It would be my pleasure to fill this city with my work. Please do contact me anytime and we can do business as well." he said to Micheal. Grinning momentarily Richards attention shot back to Daniella whom had answered his question, no his charms would not set him on the path to easy street, at least not yet. Despite what she claimed, Richard never gave up that easily, however he did know how to choose his battles wisely. He decided to yield for now. Throwing his hands up over in defeat Richard casually explained, "So it seems..I can't be blamed for trying can I? Though a visit to the gallery would be grand. I look forward to it"

Richard exchanges contact information with Travis, Micheal, and Daniella. (Cell Phone Number) and then proceeds to exchange casual conversation throughout the rest of the night. As the scene winds down he bids the group fair well with a firm handshake before calling for a Taxi and returning to the motel that he currently resides)

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Scene closed.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread