Ended
Watch

Michael Travis meets the Seneschal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The door to her Chamber is slightly ajar and the tangy scent of freshly squeezed lemons emanates...

Her official Chamber is spacious. Packed with books and maps and all manner of paperwork.

There is, as before, cleanliness and order and the usual mass of information all about.

On one wall there are three modern, if large, stark and dramatic framed photo prints of ballerinas in tutus holding a ballet poses against a dark background. Another print hangs on another wall: a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of Shalot.'

Between these are three large maps of Sacramento are pinned to walls. They seem to detail various aspects of the Kindred domain annotated superimposed over that of the mortal map.

Erected to conceal a quarter of her Chamber from view is a tall Chinese screen. A fire extinguisher is obvious as is an office desk. Her main desk is piled high with neatly stacked notes, college textbooks and dozens of school style notebooks. All look well used. Five bookcases are against the walls. Each is brimming and over-filled with pre-owned books. They look, at first glance, to be entirely textbooks and non-fiction. There's a cheap looking laptop and printer on the desk too.

There are a few comfortable chairs and a soft furnished couch. A coat rack and a seat are opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though busy with clutter, is clean and also has the aroma of fresh lemons.

Martha, smiling and chirpy Martha is neatly attired in her usual modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly...yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style...spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a short pleated black gymslip which daringly shows her legs to above mid thigh...her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each with the red ribbon bows.

A swift glance would reveal that most of her left leg is obviously a C-Leg prosthetic. She wears a single white knee sock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip.

She emits no Beast and has not invoked her Blush of Life.

Martha's exuding sweet innocence.

Michael Travis
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

Returning to the Nox again, Michael is dressed in a chique but very 'hipster' outfit. He wears a two-toned, grey, horizontally striped long sleeve shirt with a V-neck that is very form fitting. Michael isn't particularly muscular, but he wears the shirt well and it makes him look fit. He paired it with an almost black pair of corduroy pants and a black golf cap. Michael finds the door as much by the familiar smell as it's location. He was eager to meet the Seneschal; both to learn something new and simply because he enjoyed her company. As he stands a few feet from the door's entrance, a grin spreads on his face. Wonder if she startles easily?

Michael creeps quietly into the room
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-16 13:44:16 Michael Travis rolls 5 to Sneak into the Chamber (10 Again) 6, 2, 4, 1, 10, 8 2 successes

He opens the door very slowly and slightly and, crouching low, enters the room. He's still wearing the same grin, though half expecting her to be waiting for him. He doesn't care. Something about Martha makes him feel young - and more 'human'.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-16 14:24:14 Martha Villiers rolls 8 to Perception? (Wits+Comp) +2 modifier = 8 (10 Again) 9, 6, 6, 1, 1, 1, 5, 8 2 successes

Martha was seemingly lost in her work and seemingly unaware of Michael's approach.

As he stalks closer and closer she has only just heardhis approach. It was close. Martha, bewildered and wondered if her Spidey Sense had let her down at a dangerous time.

Wide eyed, she spins on her flesh leg, almost as a ballerina might try to.

Blinking, she sees it's Michael and offers a startled and bashful smile.

"Oh!"
    she gasps. Pale and dainty, her papers clutched in her hands. "Goodness! You move so quietly!"

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

Michael chuckles softly, covering his mouth with his hand. He straightens and smiles coyly. She's good. And quick.

"I suppose I'm off my game... I had hoped to take you completely by surprise, though your reaction was worth it! I'm sorry, though. I hope I haven't interrupted anything too important." Composing himself, he takes a quick look around. Michael nods with apparent approval. I like the decor. This is where you do most of your work?" he asks, genuinely curious.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling and happy, Martha makes a small hand gesture, inviting Micheal to choose a seat.

"Oh, well, yes, but I do my work anywhere and everywhere, sir! Wherever the Domain requires it of me." she smiles sweetly and humbly. There's no self-agrandisment.

Martha smiles and recalls the various chambers she's occupied here in Sacramento.

"It is good to see you, sir! I hope you are well!" she smiles and hobbles over to the carafe of freshly made lemonade on her desk. A small and dainty gesture to the drink, silently asking Michael if he wants some.

PRE

Michael's gaze follows her hand to the carafe. A momentary look of uncertainty crosses his face. He shakes his head. Then, he perks up, remembering something.

"You never did tell me why you do it. The lemonade... and using the power of the blood to make yourself be able to drink it." he said, thoughtfully. Then, with another grin, "You told me it was a secret. Have you thought of a game of some sort so that I can learn this secret?" he asks. His enthusiasm is apparent on his face. He seems to relish the idea of a challenge. If Michael, under normal circumstances, appears withdrawn and stoic he does not show it as much around the Seneschal. Michael seems like a completely different person from the one who met Martha a short time ago.

"I'm up for whatever you have in mind. Surprise me." he says, grinning.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling, tiny Martha limps over towards the couch, away from her desk and, carefully, very carefully, taking a seat, she gestures to invite Michael to join her. With a gentle action she tugs at her gymskirt to hide a few inches of her remaining thigh; but, for once, she doesn't seem too concerned to hide her C-Leg.

"Oh, yes! I had an idea about that!" she giggles as she fusses with her skirt.

"Won't you please join me, sir, we can converse much happier that way!" another happy, playful, giggle.

PRE

Michael considers Martha for a moment. She was always fussing with her clothing to hide her leg. How can someone so influential be embarrassed about something so insignificant? The Seneschal is truly a mystery to Michael.

"Of course." he says, taking his seat. "Thank you." He settles into his seat, comfortably but still relatively upright - yet another remnant of his days in the military. He takes off his cap and places it on the couch next to him. He looks to Martha, expectantly.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling and still bashful, she blinks happily and nods as he sits.

"Splendid! How splendid! Before I offer my quest to you, I wonder, did you have any questions to ask or things to report? I hope, you see, that all is well!"

Another happy smile.

"I would hate to think your stay here has been, well, unhappy in any way!" her eager concern seems fully genuine.

PRE

His head tilts slightly, in thought. A brief look of concern crosses his face, but he seems to reconsider. Better not to say, for now... Shaking his head he says "There isn't much to say. I have been doing what I can to be safe during the day and feed without causing trouble. I've followed up on those leads you gave me, as well. So far, though, I haven't managed to become gainfully employed in the city." His voice is uneven on the last bit. He seems somewhat uncomfortable.

"I just don't like the wait. I need to be active... doing something meaningful." A small self-depreciating laugh follows. "I may have all the time in the world, but I am happier making the best use of that time."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread