Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Bibliophile) An Offer in Quicksilver

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

Daniel leaned back in his chair and chewed thoughtfully on his chocolate. The semi-bitter taste mingled with his thoughts. He was liking this plan a little less than simply finding the Hollow. Gianna seemed to building up to something. Giving a pieces of information like a trail to get them to her way of thinking. Nothing wrong with that per say but but the picture kept getting worse, especially in what was left unsaid. What defenses did she guess at? What had Garth "acquired'?

A Bridge Burner, plus unnamed stolen technology, plus an insane exiled Dread Lord, plus a dangerous desire to rid Sacramento of a powerful dragon suspected of being one of the Fair Folk. It sounded like the set up to a faeified season of 24.

"What exactly is the plan? We aren't exactly in a position of power asking for Horace's help," Daniel took a sip of his drink "Appealing to his sensibilities might work but from what Marcus said his values drove him mad and made him break one of our most important vows. It sounds like he still has plans in the works too. If he asks for something in return for his help; safety, protection, amnesty, help, items, sacrifice...," the mist of the Winter's mantle swirled ominously "I guess what I'm trying to ask, both specifically and generally, how much are we willing to give to defeat Fairweather?"
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

2. Likes Origins, Trickster, Forn Clakes liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"B-better-feasible-legal-t-then my anti-dragon-plans...heh." It came out before she could think about it. She just smiled and tried to shrink after realizing she siad it aloud. Though there was one minor hitch she didn't like. Bridge-burners were...troublesome. So were as friendly as could be, aside from wanting to destroy the Hedge paths. Others should be encyclopedia pictures for psychopath. She really would rather avoid those wackos if possible, though it seemed unlikely at this point. Granted, even they would want to slay a Keeper over leaving one trapped on this side with them.

"D-d-aniel does m-make a good point, heh-heh, yes? And, uh-heh-heh, how, um..." she tilted her head in contemplation, trying to find the right word. After a couple of seconds, she righter her head and continued, "Uh-heh-heh. enthusiastic is-is t-this G-a-arth about the destroy-it-all-fuck-others ssstuff? H-heh, c-can we a-a-go-near him w-w-lacking expecta-nation of violence?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus nods to himself as the others speak. He lets them quibble over the hows and whys of the matter. The elemental won't think any less of any of them if they don't follow up on this particular avenue, but he's going to look into it.

"Do we have any idea what sort of technology this... Garth is acquiring and where we might find him?"

5. Likes Origins liked this post

Gianna|Mask Hardened

"From what I have learned," Gianna says, placing the glasses delicately back on her nose, perched just so, "Mr. Goyle has been mainly interested in satellite dishes, antennae and cable wiring, things that his Kith seems to assist him with. He takes them from rooftops around the city and then returns to the Hedge with what he has acquired. All for HAL."

A smile as she removes her glasses and cleans them on a piece of cloth, thinking about Morgan's question.

"I seriously do not know what a Bridge-Burner thinks, and I really would not like to." Glasses slip back on. "Mr. Goyle has not come to my attention for some time but he does what he does for a reason, no doubt. Everyone does, my dears. We play on that. There has to be a reason why he is working with HAL. Exploit it."

Large eyes turn to Daniel and for once, Gianna expresses sorrow and sadness.

"I would give my life, my dear. If HAL asks for anything in return, then it is up to you to decide if its worth giving." Resting both hands on the table, her tone became firmer. "I will not lie to any of you. None of the Freehold's Sovereigns are aware of this venture. In my mind, they have sat back and allowed Fairweather to go into hiding, preparing, healing, I know not. It has been over a year since the Four Seasons was destroyed and it is now time for action. I am not prepared to allow the dragon any more leeway. If finding HAL and convincing him to give us any information on defeating Fairweather once and for all, then I would do anything to do so. This Freehold was built on strong foundations. I will not see it crumble to dust."

7. Likes Origins liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn frowned slightly as she thought, finally reaching over to the bag of snacks and digging out a pack of chocolate cupcakes. She delicately peeled the frosting off the first one, before breaking it open and eating each half in neat, economical bites. The ideas they were discussing demanded fortification, preferably in the form of grease and chocolate.

"Gianna, it seems to me that you've got all of this worked out already. If we're still in the information gathering phase, why do you need the rest of us to help? I will, don't doubt that. But If you already know the guy, who knows the guy, who has the information that we probably need, why not reach out yourself; then you could go to the Courts or to the Freehold and present your plan in completion?"

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel sat forward when Gianna addressed him. His calm demeanor became almost stony and his eyes locked with hers in an intense blackness stare. Tendrils of fog slowly spread across the table. Welcoming and cold they seemed to trying to reach out to the Wizened. As the Gameplayer spoke her convictions, Daniel weighed her words carefully. If what she said she truly meant, he could not deny her.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-23 20:10:49 Daniel Leto rolls 8 to Is she really willing to die? Wits 3 + Emp 4 + Specialty 1 (10 Again) 1, 7, 5, 9, 5, 7, 9, 2 2 successes
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

Daniel's scrutiny was cut short slightly by the mask that Gianna seemed to have developed over the years but from what he could tell, she was not lying in her convictions.

Large eyes swiveled towards Lynn. "Because I am a simple woman, on my own. I do not have either the time or the methods to get this done without help. Additionally," Gianna added with a small, almost knowing smile, "some stories are fated for others."

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan stared at the table, listening as everyone talked. If this Goyle was stealing techie-stuffs...Morgan should not have anything to do with poking or helping with the set-up. Which wasn't helpful for offers. She though about it, a look of concentration on her face. If stealing stuff then it is because they need it. Duh. But why steal not buy? Too much need and not enough money? Can't find right part? Not thing of buying? Hey, we can offer to buy-get what need. That would be a possible way to get into favor with them. Of course, they'd no idea what the guy needed.

Slowly, the raccoon raised a claws hand into the air, hoping to get attention. "Um-heh-heh, e-excuse me?" she waved weakly, "S-sorry I'm reeeally not godo-good with technalogy b-b-but if he's gather-er-ing t-this stuff th-that means he needs-want it, yes? W-w-w-we could try offering m-more of same, bought-prefer-over-steal, maybe offer better stuffs azzz a start. Not honest-sure w-what it costs...i-is this stuff cheap?"

She looked around the table, hoping someone else understood it better then her. It had taken her over a year to stop making computers go blue.

Lynn Mills

"Depends on what he wants and why he wants it," Lynn replied to Morgan as she finished up her snack cakes. "Just like everything else once you've been through the Thorns, sometimes it's not the thing you're buying, it's the story behind it." She shrugged and smiled at the racoon. "If it's just expensive items that they want, well hell. I can probably take care of most of that. In fact, I'm sure that a group of resourceful people such as ourselves will have absolutely no problem coming up with a bit of scratch. So I guess the question is, how are we gonna find this Goyle, and who's going to be the one to talk to him?"

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel eyes stayed on Gianna, even when she turned away. He seemed to be considering. This had the potential to go southwards pretty quickly from the sounds of it. Not having the court leaders in on this certainly added some extra caution to the mix. He wasn't sure he was ready to run again if it came to that.

Risk versus reward. Helping to get a crucial piece of information about the Dragon would definitely help solidify a position in the Freehold and Gianna seemed to think it worth the risk. However, while Daniel trusted her conviction could he trust her judgement. She seemed very well informed but was keeping her hand close to chest.There was also his responsibility to consider.

"I'm guessing Gianna has an idea for getting in contact with him. I can act as negotiator if no one else is willing but if threats are needed you'd probably want someone else. Or I can work with someone. I have a contract that lets me tell if someone is lying but while its active I can't lie either."

15. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread