Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Bibliophile) An Offer in Quicksilver

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel took drink, a dark chocolate bar, and a seat. He took a small sip, not knowing how long this would go into the night.

"I'd definitely like to see the notes," Daniel said.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Gianna|Mask Hardened

Gianna gave Morgan a nod, encouraging her to hand out any notes she may have regarding Fairweather, remaining quiet as they all settled themselves and simply continued to drink her latte.

Right now, information was needed. Later, came action.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan laughed lightly and nodded back to Gianna. She then ducked under the table and into her bag. A book was placed upon the table, something about African American folktales. Atop this was slapped a book about firefighting. Then came several packets of paper. They'd been stapled together in such a fashion that the staples formed a spine, making each into a cheap book. These packets were clearly photocopies of each other. Morgan took out several before getting up and handing out one to everyone.

"Heh-heere-heh yoz g-go folks, heh. N-n-not all a-about Fart-Fair Weather b-b-but he is uuuuuh..." she stopped before handing one to Daniel, tilting her head in though, "Uh, number duo-two I think maybe? Eh-heh," she smiled and shrugged, giving Daniel the last one, "b-b-baddies, well-spright-no-count-as-baddies, entries are all labelled, heh-heh."

She quickly scooted back into her seat after that. Her eyes darted around the table, hoping that none of them would react how Ava had to her FIRST draft. Yes it was unlikely but she could still worry.

Marcus Evan

PRE

After nodding a greeting at Daniel, Marcus grabs a seat and returns Gianna's wink as he tears open a bag of crisps. After flipping through a few pages of Morgan's little manifesto, the elemental rests his hand on top of it as he speaks. The metalflesh had actually attended the steepscrambler's Symposium, and he was in no mood to read through another collection of her notebooks.

"Right. I'd say we should get down to business. What exactly do we know about Fairweather, specifically? There have always been a lot of rumors, but what do we know for fact? He came to Sacramento a few years ago and turned the Empty Orchestra into a fetch-friendly Bennigan's. Rumor has it that he was looking for books that told the future. HAL went off the deep end trying to get him the hell out of town. Spartan got himself killed for taking a little peek in his dreams. He blew up the Four Seasons. Has anyone seen any sign of him since then?"

Although he looks around at everyone, Marcus' steely gaze eventually comes to rest on Gianna.

5. Likes Origins, Forn Clakes liked this post

Gianna|Mask Hardened

Gianna finished her drink as Morgan distributed her notes. Of course, Gianna had heard about her findings but in her mind, it was more of conjecture than fact.

The business woman preferred facts.

Her large eyes turned to meet the Elemental's gaze, sensing his frustration. Finally, she shook her head.

"There had been no sign, and from what I have learned, Fairweather has gone off the radar," she sighs. "However, this gives us a chance, and I have an idea that may be able to get us the information we need to finally rid the Freehold of this menace."

A pause, a weighing of options.

"You mentioned HAL, Marcus. For those of you who do not know of Sacramento's history, Horace Albert Liebowitz was once this Freehold's Dread Lord. He was also hellbent on defeating Fairweather but in the process, breached the pledge that binds us and was rightfully banished. Yet, despite his downfall, he had a brilliant mind and amassed a large collection of books and tomes hidden in his Hollow."

A smile crept on to her face as she passed over this information. "I think locating his library would prove beneficial to our cause."

Trickster Parable still with us?

Lynn Mills

Lynn raised one eyebrow at Marcus. "I wasn't even here for all that, so you know more about it than me. But I wouldn't mind getting a run down of the particulars." She started leafing through the booklet handed to her, then frowned and looked up at Gianna. "You want us to find the Dread Lord's library? Why don't we just go fight the dragon, it sounds safer."

Recap

PM sent Trickster

Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Donovan

Daniel sat quietly reading through the ream of paper but didn't get very far before Marcus started talking. Listening to the conversation and thoroughly reading would have made for slow going. Instead he did a brief glance over of the brief to get a more basic overview.

Looking up he addressed the group "I may another source. You mentioned a Spartan that traveled into Fairweathers dreams and that's what triggered the attack on the Freehold building?" he asked the elemental for confirmation. "It could have just been retaliation but..." Daniel wasn't sure how much the changeling would like to hear what he was about to suggest, especially Morgan after her last experience "it could be he found something. Maybe a weakness. If you can take me to his grave... I could try to ask him."

10. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Marcus Evan

PRE

Marcus' typically shiny features seem dull and leaden as Gianna explains herself. The summer courtier had actually quite liked Autumn's former Dread Lord, and had been a recipient of HAL's assistance on more than one occasion. However, the elemental also held a very healthy respect for the man's intelligence that almost bordered on fear. He wasn't particularly pleased with the idea of breaking into the mad king's former hollow... especially with this crew.

"That sounds fairly dangerous. Any idea what we might find in there... and if it's actually worth the risk?"

Marcus returns Lynn's raised eyebrow when she voices her(to his mind, very valid) concerns.

"All you need to know is that Fairweather's trouble. Capital T. He's not really a dragon, but he has some very powerful contracts that make the difference fairly moot. Rumor has it he's One Of Them. Then again, he might've been the one that started that rumor. Either way, he's very powerful, very dangerous, and a very sick bastard. According to the preach... er, Lucas... King Gregory, he wants to bring about the end of the world. As far as the people that were in the Four Seasons are concerned, he succeeded."

Turning his attention back to Daniel, the elemental becomes very quiet and serious at the darkling's suggestion. However, the gravewight's words seem to get some gears turning in the metalflesh's head.

"Spartan has a headstone, but there isn't anything under it. There was nothing left to bury. But, if we want some answers from that night, maybe we should talk to Terri. She was the only one that made it out of the Seasons in one piece."

12. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan rose both eyebrows as Marcus gave a recap. She wished he'd said that at the Symposium. She'd not heard the details about fetches, books, or HAL. She nodded along as Marcus spoke, paying full attention as he did so.

Morgan turned to Lynn with a grim look. She just shook her head, "I m-missed the f-fight-fall, across-town, but SAW the damage. L-like Marcus spoke: not a dragon. I-I have l-lookie into issue of slaying him, numba-four. Heh-he has a super-up version of Primal-Foundation-Contract. C-c-countering by current ken-know-data re-re-mandates massive prep-time-age," she thumped the firefighting book, "Studied how to protect-fight fires b-b-but second no-good portable at needed sizes. Not even sure-certain cold-iron id work on firey form," the raccoon stopped to breath in some deep breathes. She wouldn't bring up her less feasible solutions to Fair Weather. Instead, she turned her head towards Gianna, "More ken, er, knowledge c-c-could be beneficial to slay-strategy. Transit could be dangerous though, yes-true. Preparations beforehand always good...we will get prep-pra-territory time, yes?"

She blinked at Daniel's suggestion. Then shuddered, recalling the last time she'd been involved in ghost business with him. Fortunately, Marcus shot that idea down. Can't seance a ghost without something to contact through, right? That and she did NOT want to know how the Summer survivors would react to violating Spartan's grave. She looked at Marcus when he spoke of the sole witness left in town, "N-not sure where Terri hats-her-hang r-right now, heh-heh," she smiled and shrugged. Then she perked up, "B-b-but could ask-talk others about it. Do the tele-ma-phone call tag-tree-search to g-get her number."

Morgan's stapled packets. Entry 4 is highlighted:

14. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread