Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Winter Keep (Open)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

If it wasn't for the directions the Freehold so kindly provided for her, Lucy never would have made her way in a jazz club like the Blue Note. Of course, the soothing music is nice for socializing, but it doesn't leave much space for anything else.

And the low temperature. Yeah. The Fireheart's breath might be seen.

'Hmpf.' It may sound like she scoffs, but Lucy actually likes the effect the cold gives to her entrance.

It is early in the evening, the Elemental girl surely had her daily portion of calories in chicken nuggets and sweet chili sauce only thirty minutes ago, but the combination of cheap deodorant and chewing gum made sure there's no evidence to lead back to her appetite. At least her appearance ain't something to laugh at. Especially if you consider that her body appears to be made of coal, her hair is on fire, and that mascara is not necessary anymore.

While smiling, she continues her way inside. She takes off her sunglasses and... it's time to find out who else is here.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

The jazz club has a handful of patrons that afternoon, mostly a few middle-aged men drowning their sorrows at the bar. There is a woman on stage playing the piano, but most of the patrons seem to be ignoring her performance, more preoccupied with the state of their alcoholic beverages than anything else. It is pretty obvious that the Blue Note is not necessarily a popular spot while the sun still shines, likely getting most of its traffic during the evening rush. But where there is alcohol, there are people, not matter the time nor place. Fortunately for Lucy, there are only a few and they seem to be minding their own business.

As the Fireheart approached the bar, the man behind it offered her a smile in greeting. "What can I get ya?" he asked, making eye contact with the redhead as he awaited for her response.

Harvey's Mask is hardened, so no Mien, no Mantle

S
    Sasha

It wasn’t long after L’aire arrived in Sacramento that she went on the search for the places of the Freehold. She’d found Edna’s and thought about getting a room there, but something told her not yet. From here, the directions to Rose Garden were easy to determine. The Fairest left her mask hardened while she ventured around the city. Who knew what could be unsuspectingly lurking, considering last years huge mess. The Forge still stood, her heart sort of broke as she drove by, remembering her fallen friends.

Stumbling upon the Blue Note was a lucky one. Slipping through the door in a black tank top and black skirt, she walked slowly to the bar counter. It may have been the first time the Winter had smiled in a long time, but she did as soon as she saw Harvey behind the bar. L’aire smiled to the sooten woman too, her ashes present to the Dancer.

Leaning a little across the bar near the Sun Banisher, the Fairest softly whispered. “Hello, Harvey.” From the light music in the background, it may have came across mouthed instead. The Onyx Fairest had no clue how he would react to her. Hell, he may even throw her out too, but it was a chance she wanted to take.

-1 Glamour, for Mask

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy smiles kindly to the bartender, assuming that a Club that probably belongs to the Onyx Court would have some Courtiers as staff. But Winter doesn't "assume", and "probably" is hardly enough. 'Well, I would say it's early in the evening,' she looks around, seeing what the other patrons are drinking, and then she shrugs, 'but I would love a martini.'

It's not like it can ever too early to get a good drink.

She leans against the bar, while admiring the pictures on the walls. Then the elemental decides to sit. It's as if she's insecure about how she wants to present herself.

When the beautiful blonde steps inside and speaks to Harvey, Lucy greets her with a polite nod. She has no intentions to interrupt a possible conversation if the two know each other, but the woman seems friendly enough.

The man behind the bar took note of the beautiful woman with violet eyes, watching her out of the corner of his eye as she walked into the establishment and headed towards the bar. "A martini it is," he said to the Fireheart, turning around to fetch a bottle of Gin as he began to prepare the girl's drink. As he finished dropping a couple of green olives in Lucy's martini, Harvey placed the drink in front of her and offered the Elemental a smile. "On the house," he said to her, giving her a quick wink.

Having served the newcomer, the Sun Banisher turned his attention to the masked Fairest. "Hello, Sasha," he said in response to her greeting. He had not expect to see the Dancer back in Sacramento, figuring that she had made a run for it when Fairweather attacked the Four Seasons. It was a bit of a surprise to him, but the Shadowsoul did not let it show. "What can I get ya?"

6. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire smiled to the woman, friendly, despite the slight anxiety she had. “Hello.” The Dancer said kindly to the woman. “As Harvey said, I’m Sasha.”

Looking back to the Shadowsoul, she never realized how she missed him. She was surprised herself. The Sun Banisher didn’t seem to want to banish her, at least not in front of a whole club of people. “Water, please.” She didn’t ask for the cap on, as usual. An non-verbal sign that she still trusted Harvey.

“So… how are... things.” Feeling a bit nervous, not sure where to begin. L’aire’s voilet’s quickly moved back and forth to both the woman and Harvey, she didn’t want to block the Fireheart out of any conversation. The Fairest could feel her confidence in the toilet, so many pieces to pick up from well, everything.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

A genuine smile appears as she receives her martini. 'How nice! Thank you, Harvey.' Now her suspicions are almost affirmed, and Harvey becomes a name to remember.

'Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Lucy Morgan.' Since they're sitting at the bar, shaking hands would only become awkward. So instead the Elemental nods to greet both Sasha and Harvey again, now that they're introducing themselves.

While she knows that Sasha's question is probably directed at the bartender, a.k.a. suspected keeper of the refuge, Lucy uses the opportunity to share some information. 'Well, I just arrived here from a long journey all across the states, so I couldn't tell you much.' With that, she turns from Sasha to Harvey. Damn. One sip from her martini and she's already feeling more relaxed.

"You are welcome," he said to the newcomer, offering her a quick nod. "A pleasure to meet ya Lucy." Having said those words, the Sun Banisher ducked down to reach for a bottle of water. He twisted the cap off and placed the bottle in front of L'aire. "Here ya go," he said to the violet-eyed Fairest, offering her a simple smile. When she asked how things were, Harvey offered a nonchalant shrug in response.

"As good as they can be," he said to the Dancer as he reached for a rag and began to clean a couple of tumblers. While Fairweather's attack had caused some serious casualties, the Silent Arrow had managed to survive. Such was their way, as dictated by the Ice Law. "I'm managing this place, so I guess it can't be all that bad," he added after a moment of silence, a slight smirk forming on the corner of his lips.

Turning his attention back to the fire Elemental, the Shadowsoul studied the girl a little closer. "So, you are new to the area. You plan on sticking around, or are ya simply stopping by for a visit?" From her Mantle, it was clear that Lucy was a member of the Winter Court, so Harvey assumed that the signs had led her here.

S
    Sasha

What was that to mean? L’aire was probably reading into too much. It was enough to pique her about what happened when she left. “Yeah, I guess it can’t be…” The slight questioning look on her face to the Shadowsoul.

The Dancer’s attention turned to Lucy, curious to where she came from previously. That would probably come up later. Turning to the Sun Banisher, the Fairest cautiously asked. “Harvey, are you the only one here right now? Or, I mean, is there someone who could relieve you. Uh, maybe there’s a…” Looking around the club briefly seeing the people. “a, place to catch up… or something?”

L’aire’s violet eyes looked at the Elemental, her brows raised as she asked Lucy. “If that’s okay with you?”

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Lucy carefully listens to the two, they appear to know each other. And they want to get to know her, good!

'Of course, that's okay! I'd love to catch up with you guys, I'm sure there's a lot to talk about.' She shoots a friendly wink at Harvey. The Freehold is one thing she wants to know more about. The Elemental sips from her martini, she has all the time of world, and there's no place she needs to be.

Here. Now. That's it. 'I plan to stay, yes. I'm not really sure what made me decide, but Sacramento seems a nice place to be. I'm from Miami, so you could easily say I'm new to the whole area.'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread