Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Bibliophile) An Offer in Quicksilver

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

There had been many who had witnessed the destruction of the Four Seasons, the Common Hollows that was considered the bastion of safety for the Freehold and all of its community. It was a place of gathering, of sharing bonds, of sanctuary.

And it had been torn down in a single day of fire and death.

Gianna had felt it, in her bones, in her very Wyrd, the day destruction came. For the first time in a very long time, she had known fear, anger and sorrow. The reason was simple.

The Oracle hadn't seen it coming.

Once the Keeper of the Commons when it was at Amtrak, Gianna had quickly come to terms with her demotion. She had kept her face visible and been there when she needed to make the decisions others could not. She had watched and helped those that needed it, whether through inspiring words or sharp, pointed comments, everything Gianna ever did was for the good of the Freehold.

Which sometimes meant it was not best for the Seasonal Courts. They weren't her concern. She was to keep the balance, a task she had succeeded with.

Until the day the dragon came.

Now, she knew she had to make a decision, and it chilled her to the core. She had to cross a line she once tried to avoid.

Quicksilver Gate had closed an hour before and everyone had gone home, except for Gianna. She had left the lights on and the main entrance was closed but not locked. She sat at one of the tables on the lower level, large eyes watching the door and a latte cooled before her. If there was one thing Gianna had, it was faith.

Right now, her faith was invested in a Beast renowned for her stutter and the fliers left around the Freehold. In truth, Gianna had to admit it could have been worse.

2. Likes Origins, Jag, Dark Passenger liked this post

Lynn Mills

Lynn walked calmly through the night, her footfalls soft and even. If anybody knew her, they would know that she was dressed for trouble. A soft and battered leather jacket that was tougher than it looked, sturdy jeans and supple boots. Her fiddle was slung across her back as always and she had bound her hair back in a no nonsense braid. She didn't have any idea what the night was going to bring, but given the fact that they were talking about a dragon, she wasn't about to miss out on any of it.

Just think of the songs that the story would make.

Reaching the Quicksilver Gate, she found the lights on and the door unlocked. Figuring that the only person sitting there was somebody who knew what was going on, Lynn crossed the floor and sat down at the table after an inquiring glance at the other woman got her a nod of acceptance. Lynn studied the other woman for a moment before smiling and holding out her hand.

"My name is Lynn Mills. I'm new to Sacramento, so I wasn't here when the dragon attacked. But I'm curious and I want to help. What can you tell me?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

A pair of sneakers squeaked as their owner skidded to a halt. The runner had just hopped a mailbox and needed to make a 90 degree turn. The durable racing jacket let her use a crosswalk pole to help with that, flashing a tank top and a small amulet visible through its unzipped front. Anyone behind her might also glimpse an odd carry case peak out from the back on occasion. A pair of dark khaki cargo pants completed her outfit and gave her extra pockets. She had barely stopped moving before she got going again.

Morgan had a backpack full of literature to spread around. She'd had photocopies of her "editted" monster notes from the Symposium made up, five copies in total, the same as what she'd shown to Ava. Since there was a bulk reproduction discount she'd decided to make and pack three copies of her other notes from the Symopsium, just in case. Finally, she'd stuffed in several books: the fairy myths book from the swap, a book about Northwest Native American folklore, an encyclopedia of mythology, and a book on fire fighting suits.

Even though Fair Weather wasn't made of fire at all times, firefighting techniques would help do something when he was. And if the suits work on fairy fire? Then they could all be knights in shining fire-proof armor.

Morgan had managed to fit it all into her backpack and taken off running towards the Quicksilver Gate. She hoped she wasn't late to arrive. It was a habit she wished to lose. And considering how quickly she'd gotten her, she better have done so in her opinion.

Panting from the sprint, Morgan arrived at the front entrance, resting one hand on the glass. She just took a minute to catch her breath. After her lungs stopped burning too much, she tried the door and found it unlocked.

She sighed in relief upon seeing Gianna and...someone she may have met before? She wasn't sure. Still, she walked up to them with a wave hello, "Heh-hello Gianna. I-I g-got here quick as I could. J-j-just had to m-make some c-copies t-to share, heh, with whoever arrives. L-l-l-like hers," she pointed at Lynn. Then she quickly turned her head to Lynn, "Oh, heh-heh, hello miss uuuh, M-Millis r-right?. N-not absolute catch yoz name and probabl-likely no catch mine, odd-metaphor-skip. Heh, a-anyways, Imma M-Morgan. N-nice to greet you, heh."

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled brightly and waved back. "Just call me Lynn. You have goodies?"

Marcus Evan

PRE

As he enters the Quicksilver Gate, Marcus carries a mesh shopping bag in one hand and a small cooler in the other. Heading over to the three ladies, the elemental smiles and nods to each of them before setting his burden down on the table. They can see that the mesh bag holds a variety of candy bars and snack size chips. This obviously isn't his first time doing this sort of thing.

"Alright?"

Although he recognizes the nightsinger from seeing her around the freehold, the metalflesh can't recall if they've been officially introduced.

"Marcus Evan. Present and accounted for. I brought some snacks, but we might need to order some pizza if we're here for the long haul."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan paused in the process of getting her backpack off, staring at Lynn. Snacks? She was supposed to bring snacks? She blushed and started quickly shaking her head, "Uh, s-snack-goodies be nada-no-negator. N-n-unaware expectation of provisions. B-b-bu-book goodies though is mucha-yada-yay, heh-heh. M-multi c-cop-copies I did b-bring too, heh."

With that she did unslung her pack and open it, to reveal the books and packets of stapled together sheets of paper held between the books.

Then Marcus came in. The Beast smiled at his arrival, glad to see the smith responsible for dagger she had in her jacket, even if she preferred the throwing knives. The smile got bigger at the revelation that he'd brought the snacks. "Heh-M-marucs, excel-bonus to see you again,heh. A-and glad-happy to-to see you brought the snack-age, heh. T-thank you. I-if outtakes ordered, I-I will pu-p-provide cash towards, heh."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel was a little uncertain he was in the right place. The place looked shut down for the day. However, the door was open when he tried it. Then he saw Morgan and knew he was in the right place.

"Hey Morgan," he said by way of greeting "Lynn," he added when he recognized his fellow darkling.

"Hello, I'm Daniel Leto," he said to the others with a smile as he introduced himself.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Gianna|Mask Hardened

As they began to arrive, Gianna gave each a welcoming smile but did not move from her seat, instead waiting for them to come to her. When Lynn offered a hand, Gianna had no reason not to shake it and did so, her eyes taking in the Nightsinger over the top of her spectacles.

"Quite a lot, my dear," she replied to Lynn. "I know that you care a great deal for your musical instrument and that you regret with every waking breath." A pause as she weighed up her next words, a with her free hand, stroked the back of Lynn's, which she lightly held. "You being here tells me enough."

As Morgan arrived, Gianna released Lynn's hand and gave the Beast a smile. Her manner always made Gianna smile. "Its fine, Morgan. Calm yourself and have a seat, I'm sure we have some time to discuss plans."

The heat haze that accompanied Marcus was a welcoming feeling. It meant that Morgan and Lynn had some experience and heavy hands just in case this went sour. "Marcus, we have a perfectly fine restaurant here," she joked, throwing the Elemental a subtle wink.

The last person to enter gave Gianna some pause. There were certain rumours she had heard about Daniel but kept them to herself. For now at least. "Mr. Leto, I am Gianna. Welcome to this little gathering. Have a seat, in fact," she said to everyone, "we have much to discuss. Help yourselves to drinks and let us get comfortable." She sipped at her latte, waiting for them to get prepared.

Lynn Mills

Something dark flashed in Lynn's eyes before she sat back in her seat. She wasn't used to people knowing that much about her and she wondered where Gianna had gotten her information. That would teach her to shake hands with strangers, after all.

Lynn nodded to Marcus and Daniel as they walked in, wondering what had happened to Daniel since she had last seen him. She also wondered how he'd take it if she asked about Owen. Well, maybe later. With a smooth motion, she pulled her fiddle case from where it was slung across her back and placed it gently in her lap, unconsciously running her fingers lightly up and down the buckles.

"So, are we going to start with this dragon in particular, or dragons in general?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

"Heh, sup Daniel," She returns his greeting with a nod. The Darkling was the resident expert on spooks as far as Morgan knew. So maybe he had stuff to contribute on other subjects? The Beast could do without the ghosts.

Morgan did take up the opportunity to acquire a drink. She opted for grabbing a de-caf soda, she didn't need extra jitters right now. After returning to the table, she took a chair adjacent to Gianna and put her backpack down between her legs.

It Lynn's question the raccoon shrugged, "Prob-ab-babble be F-fair Weather s-since not technic-dragon j-j-just, uh...buffed? Yeah, t-that contract n-n-o drag-dragon, heh-heh. Oh," Morgan took a minute to duck down into her bag, then shot back up with an embarrassed chuckle.

"Um-heh-heh, Ib-b-brought b-books that might aid us a-and c-c-c-copies of n-notes from Symposium to-to share i-in case you-not-part-of-Fair-Weather-discussion at the the Symposium and-yes-ost-o-you-not-there-recall-I-do, heh-heh."

She paused for a moment before looking to Gianna, "S-should I p-pass around the notes t-that include Fair Weather? I-I have enough f-for everybody."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread