Ended
Watch

Ack: Michael Travis

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly directs any Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons which wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic lemon incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast and is alabaster pale.

Martha is wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest... her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick.

A generous sprinkle of lavender scent... minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse... white gloves... her fishnet reveals the sleek tone of her single muscular leg. A flesh leg well suited to that of a dancer or athlete... she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is a simple metal peg-Leg from high up her thigh.

For those initiated into the mysteries of the DC Universe Martha is dressed as Zatanna, Mistress of Magic!

She's sat, quietly reading from the many documents and studying associated maps which are laid out on a simple coffee table in front of her. The coffee table is laden with a carafe fresh homemade lemonade.

@
    Travisc06489
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

Michael is wearing a brown leather jacket and jeans. His short, red-brown hair is somewhat disheveled, as though he got here in a hurry, but his face is impassive. He walks slowly towards the coffee table, lingering on various pieces of decor. Must be a California thing. As he nears his eyes stop on the various documents laid out on he table. He quickly scans the pages and words, then looks back up towards the girl - apparently not finding whatever it was he was looking for.

"Am I in the right place?" he asks, raising one brow with the question.

Martha Villiers

PRE

The small creature looked up from her paperwork as he approached.

Though she emitted no Beast she felt his. Taking a moment to lay down her papers and rub at her peg leg, she sat in silence. Gathering her sense of serenity.

Offering the stranger a smile, Martha replies;
    "Good evening! No, sir..." another happy smile, her very English accent lilting, "I believe you in the correct place! If you come in peace, you are welcome! Please, sir; take a seat!" she gestures to the chair opposite her own sofa.

"My name is Miss Martha Villiers." she offers by way of informal introduction and watching Micheal.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

PRE

Michael nods once.

"Michael Travis, in life. Now I answer to whatever name those I serve give me." He eyes the chair.

"If it's all the same, I think I'll stand." A pause. He tilts his head ever so slightly, as if considering something.

"I don't mean to offend... I'm just more comfortable on my feet. I was hoping to find someone who can help me solve a..." he gestures with his hands, making a sort of box, "a puzzle, of sorts."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha couldn't recall anyone ever refusing to be seated. She blinked and blinked again, but nodded.

"I understand." she half lied. But, tiny Martha offered a reassuring smile.

"Er... A puzzle? I usually enjoy having a puzzle to solve! Well, how can I be of assistance, Mr Travis?" she asked with another smile. Watching Micheal with greater care.

PRE

Michael's next-to-unreadable mask dropped for perhaps a few seconds, and he looked uncertain. Not sensing the Beast from Martha, but knowing he was in the company of one who held more sway than most in the area, Michael thought she could help. He felt inclined to trust her, perhaps because of her demeanor alone. As quickly as it left, though, his mask seemed to go back up.

"I serve one called Abgal. He is ancient and wise and I owe everything to him. He sent me here, however, on a rather cryptic mission." He reached into his jacket's pocket and pulled out his cell phone, pulling up a text message. He read from it. "Find a Kindred of great power... nothing more than that. You can, perhaps, understand why I am at a loss?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

She blinks and watches him very carefully as he reaches into his pocket. She grips at her walking cane as his hand enters the pocket. Only to visibly relax when he pulls out his 'phone.

Tiny Martha studies it and nods.

"I see! Yes, I begin to see your plight! Well, by power... do you think Abgal perhaps meant social or political influence or raw physical might, or something more abstract?" she shrugs. Playfully baffled by the metaphysics of his mission.

Martha rubbed at her peg leg and added;
    "Well..." she paused and blinked again and fell silent.

Baffled by this strange Kindred.

PRE

Michael caught the momentary tension Martha displayed, but did not react.

"The answer is most likely simple... I may find the who I am looking for quickly. The real question is 'why' I need to find this individual and what will happen when I figure it out." For all I know, he has eyes somewhere in the city. Watching my progress...

"The biggest complication is that Abgal seems to have disconnected his number. I could not ask him for more details if I wanted to." He shook his head. Even looking directly into Martha's eyes with his own, they still seemed distant.

"I have tipped my hand in telling you all of this, as a sign of good faith. I hope you are one I can trust. If you need further convincing, you will find that I am willing and able to offer services in exchange for your help." He grabbed his leather jacket up near the collar and pulled it back, ever so slightly, revealing a silenced M9 Beretta strapped against his waist.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's wide eyed and full attention went immediately to the firearm as soon as it was revealed.

She stood up as quickly as she could. Quicker, perhaps, than might be expected.

"You may rest easy, sir. I can be trusted!" she giggles happily, adding; "I am the Mistress Keeper of this Elysian Field and the Seneschal to His Grace the Alder Asa Clarke, Duke and Prince of this Domain." she smiled sweetly but held out her hand to receive the 9mm weapon.

"I am grateful to you for the trust you have shown in me and the offer of your services. An offer, I feel, we shall be accepting. However, as this is an Elysian Field and as such, a place of safety for all. I must, therefore, ask for you to surrender your side arm to me at once. Don't worry. It shall be returned to you when you are ready to leave." she held her gloved hand still ready to receive the gun.

Smiling, her cane held lightly in her free hand.

She watches Michael with great care.

Watching for the smallest sign of threat.

PRE

Now or never. I would rather survive the night than provoke her.

Still holding his jacket with his right hand, he slowly reached across his torso with his left, grabbing the slide assembly of the pistol between his thumb and finger and pulled it up and out of its holster. He held it there, in a somewhat awkward looking inverted "V" shape, for no more than a second before slowly extending it to her - pistol grip first.

"And so it begins." He offered a small smile that did not reach his eyes. "I hope this will be the beginning of a mutually beneficial acquaintance." He holds out the pistol, waiting expectantly for her to take it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread