Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Not worth living, and very boring!” she says with a chuckle. “I can’t imagine not stretching and practicing without music, think I would be lost.” Another wide smile.

She seems to perk up, if that was possible, “That sounds great! I haven’t found anyone to go exploring with, so defiantly! Some people get a little weird when you mention exploring a city with no maps.” Two Awakened exploring a city, no telling what they might find. “Here, let me give you my phone number.” She replies and provides him with her number.

Her head nods in understanding, “What is sad, is how many people are afraid of what Fate has in store for them. Sure, there might be bad things, but there are also the great things! Can't have the good without the bad. I’ve always thought the universe has some sort of plan for me, and live my life letting Fate guide the way.” It was refreshing to talk with someone who seemed to get Fate.

She smirks, “It is nice to talk with someone who shares similar thoughts and ideas. Nice not to be looked at like I’m crazy!” she says with a laugh. “Well that’s good to hear, I like to think I’m interesting on some level.”

"Awesome," said Fluke in response as he accepted her phone number. "You know, those people really don't know what they are missing." He offered her a quick wink as he said those words. And it was true, they really didn't know. Perhaps that was one of the reasons the Acanthus was so adamant in working towards the Awakening of others around him. While being one of the Awakened had its own share of complications, being able to see past the Lie just opened up so many new opportunities.

He nodded at her words, wholly agreeing with her. "Yeah, too many are afraid of their own destinies," he said, clearly not impressed by that way of thinking. "But really, they are just in denial. You can't fight your own Fate, so its always better to get a better understanding of it, and let the chips fall where they may." The smile returned to his lips as he finished saying those words. Sure, there were ways of altering your destiny, but such things could prove to be dangerous if one was not careful.

"Indeed," he said in response, his smile widening slightly. "And hell, if people think you are crazy...I wonder what that makes me?" The Libertine let out a laugh, clearly amused by the whole thing. "Of course you are interesting! Most people are, some just don't know it yet," he added, offering her a quick wink.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She takes a quick sip of the Americano, frowning slightly as she realized it was just about empty. Maybe she should just look into getting an IV bag of caffeine.

“Fate really isn’t as bad and evil as others sometimes think it is. Sure, it can be unpredictable, and it may not give you what you want, but it all works out for the best in the end.” She used ‘can’ because lets face it, with enough practice, she could alter Fate to some extent. But that came with a price, and the universe didn’t like to be screwed with. “What is meant to be will always find a way, despite how you may change and alter your path.”

She chuckles, “All the best people are crazy though!” she says with a wide smile. “What is sad is how some people don’t give others a chance to be interesting. They are too wrapped up in their own minds to open them to those that are unique and different, and those to me are the most interesting.” She then giggles, a hand absently covering her mouth, “But listen to us, getting on with these serious topics.”

Fluke nodded in response to her words. "Totally," he said in agreement. "It can certainly be unpredictable, but that's half the fun, is it not?" He let out a soft chuckle with those words, shrugging nonchalantly. "For sure. If you are destined to do something, it doesn't matter how you get there, but eventually you will." Yet, the journey was just as important as the destination in most cases; sometimes it was even more important than the end goal.

A devilish grin formed across his lips. "We are quite the philosophers, aren't we?" he said in response, chuckling a bit more as he offered her a quick wink. "People who get stuck with the same routine end up leading unhappy lives." He shrugged once more. "I always figured its best to get a little crazy from time to time, do things differently and not get trapped in the monotony that society tries to force upon us." With that, he finished the rest of his coffee, pondering his thoughts a bit in silence.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye nods as well, “That is defiantly the fun of it!” she agreed, excited to hear someone think the same way.

She offers him a sly smile, “That we are.” She usually steered away from ‘deep’ convo’s, preferring light and carefree.

His next words were interesting, “You know what, that is very true! Maybe that is why I’ve lived such a nomadic lifestyle, moving from city to city. But some people seem to be afraid to step out of their routine, afraid to try something new and exciting. Cause lets face it, there’s sometimes a strong fear of failure.” And without failures, how would they succeed?

Seeing he was out of coffee too, she realized the night was drawing to a close. Which, quite frankly, sucked. She was enjoying talking with someone who seemed like minded. But, there was always the idea of exploring the city in the future.

Reaching behind herself, she pulls the hoodie off the chair and slips it on. It probably seemed childish to others, but she loved Toothless and had to have the dragon inspired hoodies when she saw it. Screw what others thought, she liked it, all that mattered.

“Even though I wish we could talk more, the night is getting late, and I have to practice in the morning.” She said with a pout. Damn being responsible and all that, ruined the fun. “But I do hope we can explore the city soon.”

"Every failure is a chance to learn something," he said in response to her words, offering a quick wink.

When she slipped the hoodie on, a grin formed across his lips. "Nice," he said in regards to it. She certainly seemed pretty easygoing, and that was something he could definitely appreciate. "The ears really suit you," he said, his grin widening slightly.

As she excused herself, Fluke got up to his feet and offered a nod in response. "Yeah, I guess it is getting a bit late," he said, matching her pout with one of his own. "But its been nice! And, thanks again for the coffee." The Acanthus offered her a sincere smile before performing an exaggerated bow in gratitude...which was followed by a nonchalant laugh.

"I'm sure we'll run into each other again," he said to her, the smile still painted across his lips. "And whenever you like, we can get down to the city-exploring thing."

Ready to wrap things up when you are

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She seems to beam with happiness at his compliment. Raising her hands she puts them behind the ears, and wiggles them. “Think so?” she asks with a playful grin.

“It has been nice! And you are more than welcome, thanks for the company.” She replies as she laughs at his bow, clearly amused. Playing along, she attempts a curtsy, it wasn’t perfect, but it got the point across. “Again, I’m not responsible if you can’t sleep.” Wink.

Picking up and shutting off her Nook, “Yah, defiantly! Looking forward to exploring the city with you, it’ll be a blast! No maps…letting Fate be our guide, and enjoyable company, it doesn't get much better than that.” It would be the first time she explored a new city with someone who shared some of her views.

"Totally!" he said in response, offering her a quick wink.

He laughed at her comment about him not being able to sleep, a smirk touching the corner of his lips. "Pffft, I've suffered from insomnia for a few years now," he said, his smirk widening slightly due to his double meanings. "So you've got nothing to worry about!"

"I look forward to it," said the Libertine in regards to seeing her again and exploring the city. "Until then, safe travels unto you my friend!" With that, he offered her a final wave before he turned to leave, following the threads of the new city that would be his new home.

End Scene

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread