Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was a confident woman, but it always made her smile and lift her spirits when she go compliments on her job. It wasn’t a conventional job, and she had gotten her fair share of haters and rude people.

“I’d love to have you attend!” she exclaims, “I should be putting on a show fairly soon, I’ve gotten the new acts figured out and I can’t wait to show them off.” One trick she really wanted to pull off would take many more months of practice.

She nods as she listens, “My grandfather taught me, and when he passed, I inherited his deck, which has been in my family for many years. I don’t usually carry that one with me.” She replied, “But seems there are other forces at work tonight, cause I have one of my decks with me as well.” She says, reaching into the messenger bag under the hoodie and puts the deck on the table.

“I know not many readers like others to touch their decks, but I don’t mind. And would consider it an honor to see yours.”

As he talked about traveling and each place having its own charm, she had to agree. “New York City is amazing! It is soo alive and pulsing with energy.” She wondered if he was hinting at becoming Awakened in New York City. “Oh, I’ve been to a place that was an eye-opening experience. Once your eyes are opened, everything is different. The world is filled with beautiful and amazing things. And sometimes it takes an eye-opening experience to really see them.” If he was referring to becoming Awakened, he would understand what she was saying.

Fluke's smile widened just slightly at her response. "Sounds like a plan," he said to her, clearly excited by the idea of attending one of her shows. "Just let me know when and where, and I'll make sure to be there!" It would certainly be entertaining, and the Acanthus was always up for trying something new.

He took a sip of his coffee as he listened to her speak about her grandfather, and how he had taught her the art of tarot. "That's amazing. He must have been a very interesting man," said the Libertine, smiling at her once again. Part of him was slightly jealous, for his own family had never been interested in things that were out of the ordinary, or remotely esoteric. Nope, they had been snobbish rich folk from San Fran, which is why he had left home at such a young age. "I can see why you wouldn't want to carry it with you everywhere...I mean, that deck is essentially a family heirloom!" he added after a brief pause.

When Madison pulled out the deck she had with her, Fluke tilted his head slightly to one side as he studied it for a few seconds. When she invited him to actually look through it, he offered her a grin in response and took her up on such an invitation. "Its very nice," he said, looking through the cards and touching each of one softly with his finger tips as he studied them a bit closer.

The Libertine paused for a moment, reaching into his bag to pull out his own deck. "Mine is a gift from an old friend," he said to the riveting woman, carefully placing a vintage wooden box in front of her. There were some intricate designs carved on the box, and once opened it revealed a set of cards with some very colorful artwork. "She made the whole deck herself," he added after a brief moment, a pleasant smile upon his lips.

It was one of the few things that he actually owned, and it certainly was important to him. The cards held some sentimental value, reminding him of times pasts, even if the cards themselves were used to divine the future. They also happened to be the tool of his trade, in more than one way. "I usually keep them with me at all times," he explained to Madison before turning his attention back to her deck. "Just in case."

Fluke nodded his head in agreement with her assessment of New York City. "For sure," he said, letting out a soft chuckle. "They do call it 'the city that never sleeps' for a reason." There was another chuckle after that comment, for he found the connotations of such a phrase somewhat amusing in the context of their own lives as Awakened. "But it is true, the city is in fact alive," he said in regards to the Big Apple. "In its own way, it truly is."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes watch as the wooden box was placed in front of her. She carefully touches the lid, running her fingers along the carvings. She then gingerly lifts the top, one could never be too gentle and careful when handling someone elses property.

As her hands lift the cards out of the box, a finger is gently run along the face of the cards.

Her blue eyes look back to Luke, “They are exquisite! Such color, so vibrant and beautiful. The artwork is simply beyond words.” She exclaimed. “Your friend was extremely talented! Such a treasure.” She praised genuinely, as she carefully laid the deck back in the box.

“Oh, I completely understand. I’m hardly without a deck myself. One never knows when there insight might be needed, or when you need a great ice breaker.” She says with a grin.

“I didn’t really get to explore much of the city,” she said with a frown. “I was working a few Ren Faires when I was there. And a few performances on the street to promote the Ren Faires. I would love to go back someday and really explore all the city has to offer.” There was a nod of her head from her last statement. “Any places you could recommend?” she asks.

“It is amazing how various cities and towns come to life when you know where, and how to look.” She says with a sly smile.

“I find I mostly enjoy the smaller more historic towns. The way time sometimes seems to stop around some of the older homes and buildings is fascinating."

ooc

Fluke smiled at her reaction to his tarot deck, nodding as she complimented the artwork. "It truly is," he said in agreement with her. "She had many talents, and I happened to luck out when she gave me this deck." He let out a soft chuckle after saying those words, continuing to examine her cards carefully. "They can definitely be a great way to start a conversation with a stranger," he said, echoing the sentiment of her words, his smile widening a bit.

"If you have the opportunity, you should definitely go back!" he said in regards to New York City. "There are so many places to see, so many secrets waiting to be found out..." the Libertine let his words trail off, his eyes becoming distant for a moment as he recalled some of his own experiences in the Big Apple. "Obviously there's all the touristy stuff, but I highly suggest paying Brooklyn and the Upper East Side a visit. Also, Harlem has some very interesting corners as well," he said after his moment of silence, offering Madison a quick wink.

Fluke nodded in agreement with her next words, his smile widening even more. It sounded like Madison seemed to get it. Cities had a magic of their own, if one knew where to look. I wonder...perhaps she is a Metropolitan? The idea circled in his head for a few moments, until he decided to ask at a later point, when they were not in a public place. "You are absolutely right about that," he said in response to her comment. "It is why I love traveling so much! Uncovering the secrets of every city I visit...it is something I really enjoy."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She watches him looking through her cards, actually feeling at ease with it.

“Though there are the ones who seemed to get a little freaked out by it. Looking at you like you are crazy or just plain weird.” She says with a shrug and a smile. “I prefer not weird, just limited edition.” She replies with a laugh.

A sip of the Americano was taken as she listened him talk of New York.

“Touristy stuff can be fun, but I think the real fun is just walking and letting Fate lead you. Sometimes she is kind and you get a pleasant experience or surprise. Don’t think I’ve ever heard someone recommending visiting Harlem, those must be quite the corners. But thanks for the ideas, I’ll defiantly visiting them if I get the chance to travel there again.”
    Truth was, she felt like planting some roots and remaining in Sacramento. Though that didn’t mean she couldn’t hop a plane and visit some places.

She nodded her head eagerly, “So few people understand the joys in really exploring a city! There is so much more to see than what the maps and tourist landmarks tell you.” She replies. “I bet you would be a blast to travel with!” she replies with a smile.

“I can only imagine and dream of the secrets one may find somewhere abroad!” yeah, she loved to travel, guilty as charged.

Fluke let out a laugh at her response, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, I've met quite a few of those," he said in response, shrugging to himself. "They don't know what they are missing out!" With those words, he offered her a wink. And it was true, many people were simply slaves to the Lie, and they had no idea on what they were actually missing out. But hopefully things would change in time...

"Totally!" he said in response to her next words. "That's the only way to do it!" The Acanthus let out a chuckle before taking another sip of coffee. "I usually just let the city itself lead me. If you pay close enough attention, you'll notice how it speaks to you," he said, offering the other Acanthus a warm smile. "I never bother with maps to be honest, or with tourist guides either. Those things are for suckers," he added playfully, chuckling once more.

"Yeah, I haven't had the chance to travel abroad yet," said Fluke, a slight look of frustration crossing his eyes for a brief moment. "I've always wanted to visit Europe. There are so many cities I want to see there..." he let his words trail off, taking another sip from his Americano. "Rome, Venice, London, Paris...I mean, the list goes on!"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She smirks, “It’s those people that tempt me to open their eyes, even if it is only temporary.” She says, having been close to casting that spell many times. “But we both know the problems that would cause” there was a shrug and smile.

The smile widens as she realizes how much she has in common with Luke. It had been way too long since she could really talk with someone.

“I hear you there about maps and tour guides! People look at you like you a crazy when you just set off on your own in a new city. In this day of technology, people seem to have forgotten the simpler ways, no GPS and all that. When I was traveling state to state, never used a GPS.” Fate had never lead her wrong, least thus far. “Fate has been kind to me, though I know what a fickle bitch she can be, I try and not push my Luck.” She adds a wink of her own.

Her blue eyes light up, “Ah, Venice! The pictures I have seen, it is such a beautiful city!” she says wistfully. “I’ve always wanted to visit Ireland and Scotland and just backpack across the landscape. Maybe finding little inns or whatnot to spend the night at.” She sighs happily, mind thinking about how amazing hat trip would be.

“So tell me more about yourself Luke.” She says, folding her arms on the table and leaning on them, “Something weird or odd, something that makes you…well…you.”

Fluke nodded in response to her words. "Yeah...you really can't force that sort of thing," he said to her. While he wanted to help as many people Awaken, there were ways to go about it without ending up in a bodybag...courtesy of the Guardians!

He smiled at her wink, letting out a soft chuckle. "Yeah, I'm not fond of GPS myself. Besides, a GPS can't tell you where all the secrets lie," he said to her, waggling his eyebrows a bit. "Each city has its own song. If you follow the threads, listen to the music...you'll get where you need to without the need of technology or any maps." Well, at least that's how it worked for him; but Fluke wouldn't be surprised if things worked for her like that as well. She was an Acanthus after all, and with how much they had in common, it was possible she could see Ariadne's thread as well.

"Yeah, I've always wanted to visit Venice...definitely on the top of my list," he said to her, his smile widening slightly. "You should definitely do that sometime! I can only imagine the things you could find there!" While he was sure the Irish countryside had its appeal, Fluke much preferred cities. He was an urbanite for sure!

"Hmmm, something weird about myself?" he said, echoing her question, a playful smile forming across his lips. "I guess I can do that." He paused, taking another sip from his coffee before continuing. "I don't have a home per say. Like, I don't tend to sleep in the same place for more than a couple of nights at a time. Haven't done so in the last five years." The Libertine shrugged nonchalantly after making his confession.

"Couch surfing. Its a way of life!"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes light up at the mention of music, “Music is such a huge part of my life. Very rare when you will see me without my iPod. It grounds me, the one thing that has always been a constant in my life.” Taking another sip of the Americano, “But I completely agree! I’ve noticed my music tastes seem to shift and change when I enter a new city. Especially walking around, I leave the iPod on shuffle until a song plays hat just seems to fit.” Ok, it was kinda weird. But weird was fun right?

“Yeah,” she says glancing down at her drink, “Someday for sure. But for now, there is much to see here in the states. I still haven’t gotten to explore the city as much as I would like.” Once she got performing again, and got a Cabal and all that.

Now that was something interesting.

“Wow!” she exclaimed with a grin. “You would defiantly enjoy life on the road. But that must be very liberating!” she replies. “I know when I was traveling with various Faires and shows, I found it freeing not to be tied down to any one place. Just traveling from city to city, doing what I loved.” Guess she kinda missed it.

She then picks up her coffee and raises it, “Know what? I like you, you’re very interesting.” She says before taking another sip, her blue eyes watching him over the cup.

Fluke nodded at her words, smiling once more. "Yeah, I totally feel ya on that," he said to her, his smile widening slightly. "Without music, life would not be worth living." It was something he had heard once, but couldn't remember who had said it. But it was a true sentiment as far as he was concerned, and one that could be applied to other pleasures in life.

"Well, perhaps we can explore some of the city together?" he said in response to her words, taking another sip of coffee after asking the question. "I'm just getting acclimated with it, but I'm certainly looking forward to learning all of its little secrets." The Metropolitan offered her a quick wink as he said those words. He wouldn't mind the company after all, and she was more likely to understand the method to his madness than those of other Paths.

"Exactly!" he said, a big grin across his lips. "It is very liberating, and you never know what things may come your way." He paused for a moment, considering his next words. "Its like, putting your trust in Lady Fate, and knowing that whatever may come, will come for a reason." Many would find such way of thinking absurd, or consider him to be very "flighty," but Fluke had a feeling that she would understand where he was coming from.

His lips curved once more into a smile at her next words, his eyes meeting hers. "You know," he said, reaching for his cup once more. "You are pretty interesting yourself." He offered her a quick wink after saying those words. She was pretty likeable as well, with her easygoing demeanor and those gorgeous eyes. "I'm glad I ran into you," he added, raising his own cup to match her gesture.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread