Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1410)Examined Words 1: Faye

C
    Casitive

Led in, it's easy to see Telos' genial face as she pulls apart one of the muffins Pepper brought in. With a look of consideration, she writes a quick note in a folder before setting it aside. Any clue of Pepper's success or failure is gone from Telos' features. Instead, the Acanthus Lictor shifts her attention to the ravishing woman who glides in.

Faye, yes?” Telos asks with a quick sip of water. “Good luck, please take a seat. Like I mentioned to Pepper, we will ask you one question about a theoretical crime. These crimes may be committed here in the future and while they may be large or small, they will all require your foresight and judgment to defend or to persecute to serve your fellow Awakened.

Telos continues her explanation, “As you answer, choose one side – either defense or persecution in your answer and answer from that standpoint. Please don't answer from both.” A pause as the Lictor offers a reassuring smile, “Good Luck.

With that, the Lictor takes up a new folder and opens it, reading, “A member of a cabal stands accused of other members of that same cabal of working against them in secret – in work which threatens the entire Consilium – and, above that, not undergoing the oaths of that Cabal with a Clear Heart.” A pause, “First explain your investigatory process. Then, you will explain your position citing any laws, rights, interdicts or anything else that will cement your position as you convince me of your position.

The Oral Lictor Exam:

Applicants will roll either Wits + Investigation or Wits + Occult, extended 15 seconds per roll, Target Number of TEN to explain their investigatory process. Failure results in a -2 penalty for the next roll as the applicant has a quiet panic attack.

Then, they will roll Intelligence + Academics + Lex Magica, Extended, 15 seconds per roll with a Target Number of TEN to consider their answers.

Finally, the applicant will formulate their answer with a Manipulation + Persuasion roll capped by their Politics to explain their position. This is also Extended with a TN of TEN.

Success in all three isn't mandatory, but will affect final scores.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As she sits down, she smiles and nods, “Yes.” She confirms of her name.

When the question was offered to her, it hit her, she wasn’t ready for this. Sure, she had been a Ladder or a couple years, but had never really had to defend that position. She knew what she would do in the given situation, but she knew she didn't have the knowledge to back up her words.

She felt her pulse begin to race, as her palms became moist with sweat.

Blue eyes look down as she absently smoothed a nonexistent wrinkle in her pants.

Swallowing, she takes a deep breath, her usual confidence going out the window.

Cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she searches for the words, “I,” she begins, hoping for the right words. “Think I got ahead of myself with the test.” Her words were spoken softly, head hung in obvious embarrassment.

Slowly, she stands and looks to those present, “I wish to offer my deepest apologies for wasting your time today. My heart is with the Silver Ladder, but my knowledge is clearly lacking. I wish for the chance to improve on this, and offer my current skills with Time and Fate for your use, to make amends for wasting your precious time today.” Her words were spoken with honesty.

3. Likes West liked this post
    C
    Casitive

Telos' brows shoot up in surprise, which fades into a placid expression, “There's no shame in saying that you've gotten ahead of yourself. It's far better than trying to fake it, in any case.” The Lictor closes her folder and meshes her hands on top of the manila paper, “In time, you'll learn what you are missing and be able to come back to the exam with a fresh perspective.

Shrugging, she reaches and pulls a bit of a muffin apart, “You don't owe me anything. Simply promise that you'll continue to study and next year, when I return, you'll take the exam.” Popping the bit of muffin into her mouth, she glances at the Enchanter to see what she'll say.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods her head, "Of course, you have my word. I will be devoting my free time to learning the knowledge I am lacking." she replies. "Thank you, and I look forward to taking the test next year."

C
    Casitive

Great,” Telos says offering a quick smile, “No harm done, then. Muffin?” Standing, the Acanthus Lictor stretches and says, “I guess that means you can head on back. When I'm not busy with figuring things out, we should chat more – at least before Eryxias and I leave.

Eryxias nods and rises from his position gesturing to lead Faye from the chamber back to where everyone else might be.

Faye can totes return to the main thread!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"I would enjoy chatting with you, I'm self employed so my schedule is pretty open." she replies and follows as she is led out of the room.

Closed Thread