DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

PRE

After sitting there a few minutes, Michael glances down at his phone. Nothing. Must be still exchanging pleasantries. He shakes his head, absently. He would have to rely on himself to discover more. If the others don't know how to play this off... He is normally patient, but something about this woman begs his attention. Begs his urgency.

The toilet flushes a moment later. Michael steps out of the stall and looks around. Seeing no one, he forgoes the charade of washing his hands. Moments later, he re-emerges from the restroom and spies the group. They appeared to be still mulling about, making small talk. Michael wonders if any progress has been made. He walks up near an open seat, but does not immediately sit.

"My apologies." he says, briefly making eye contact with Vivian. Then, to Hildegarde "Michael Travis. Glad I could join you this evening."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

OOC

As the two ladies have a pleasant conversation about wine, food and men, Chris studies the mysterious Nefertiti Khan. The name, he has heard it before. Where was it, YouTube? Oh yes, she's an Egyptian queen. For some reason, this fact worries him.

After studying her complicated aura... he has no idea what to think of it. But he's still worried. 'What the...' Is she a vampire? Possessed by a ghost? Both could explain her name. Or does the psychotic woman just think she's any of this? Well, she's definitely supernatural.

When Michael arrives at their table Chris nods to him with a friendly smile, 'Ah, there you are. Please, take a seat.'

'Sooo.... technology, huh?! I recently switched from Android to Apple. I can't say I regret my choice to get an iPhone. Maybe we should exchange numbers?' As he speaks he takes his phone from his pocket. He starts typing - first his mobile number, then a message:

<We should be careful. Her aura is complicated, but certainly supernatural. The woman seems confused and psychotic, so we should probably try not draw her attention. I'll try to find out more about her...>

How? That's his secret. But the Hierophant passes his smartphone on to the others before he looks at the mysterious beauty again. He closes his eyes for a second, infusing his enhanced senses with even more mystic power. If this woman is a vampire, or just something dangerous, he should know as much about her as possible.

-1 vitae, Chris has a good day...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-27 11:14:23 Chris rolls 11 to Wits + Occult + Auspex to use the Arcane Sight (10 Again) 4, 8, 8, 9, 10, 5, 10, 1, 7, 8, 7, 9, 8 8 successes
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

“Do you think their chicken scaloppini is savory? Is that what was ordered?” Vivian looked over the top of the menu to the beauty across from her, in their fun little pretend to be mortal rouse. Like children playing house so it seemed. Except, they didn’t change or grow up, the Kindred state was constant. Sometimes constantly annoying to keep pretending! “Back in Toronto, we would often each order a dish, and sample each others. Much more complimentary to the pallet.” The blonde smiled to Hildegard, the talk may have been of food, but it was a hint to her previous times of Herd swapping.

Speaking of fickle men. The Daeva smiled to greet Michael’s return. Flanking her hand up and down, “No worries Michael.” as she took up the glass of wine, and let another waste of Vitae course through her veins so she could delight in cold reminders of food only to purge it up later, and then took a sip from the stemmed glass.

Taking Chris’ phone, she looked that text, the scrunched up face was more for the text versus the phone, but it worked out similarly. “Oh, so is this the newer iPhone they’ve spoke of? Number six or something like that? I heard the other day that they’re bending and breaking faster than Hollywood romances.” Vivian took her own phone and put Chris’ number into hers, sending him a text with her number. “There. You have my number now.” Turning and winking to him.

<Well, that’s unsettling, which is an understatement. Perhaps we should save the conversation about them for later, I don’t want to have them suddenly be aware that we know something is amiss. Not like everyone on their cell phones is different in this day and age lol. Forward both this and # to Hildegarde, pls.> The Daeva would forward the same text to Michael.

“What are your thoughts on the constant changing technology, Michael?” The smile, which was slightly cheesy, was definitely the play along for now sort. Sitting back in the chair, slightly more toward the handsome guy next to her, glass of wine in her hand.

ooc

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I ordered [this]" Hildegarde shifted so she could point out her choice on the menu. "I certainly don't mind sharing. It will make things more fun, yes?" The animate mask of her face broke into a more genuine smile.

Looking around, guilelessly, she added: "I do hope the food turns up soon." Settling back into her seat, she rested her chin on her hands as she watched the expanding company with interest.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

PRE

Michael takes the seat, when its offered. He tries to position himself to where he ear could be to the mysterious woman's table. His senses were still enhanced; this place was a cacophony of meaningless chatter. Rum and coke... your husband got approved for a mortgage... what kind of food are we ordering? The strain of filtering out what was necessary to hear and what wasn't was taking its toll on him, and he struggles to maintain focus. His rubs his temple with his hand, closing his eyes for a moment. He opens them again when his phone vibrates. He grabs his phone again and reads the text, maintaining some pretense while he writes his response.

"I can hardly keep up with it. My first smartphone was the iPhone 4, and I've still got it. I've been meaning to upgrade." he turns the phone around, in his hand, so that the screen was visible to them.

<More of the charade, then, I see. I'll be listening in. Try not to ask me too many questions... its difficult to concentrate.>

He pockets the phone once more. Michael would do whatever was necessary.[/I]

"I've already eaten tonight, I'm just here for the company." he says, going through the motions once more.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

OOC

Chris shakes his head, with a chuckle, 'Oh no, this is one of the less expensive iPhone 5 versions. I'm not entirely sure what all the differences are... but I'm a follower of a faith other than Apple, so I don't need all their newest gadgets immediately.' He thankfully nods to Vivian before focusing on Nefertiti.

A few seconds of pure concentration pass before the Hierophant winces. 'Shit.' He mumbles through his clenched teeth. Apparently something hurt him. He closes his eyes and he turns his head away. Quick hands make the cutlery from the table disappear into Chris' pockets.

'Sorry.' He doesn't mean to act strange. But this is undeniably a strange situation. Nefertiti is like the sun, so brightly surrounded by magic.

Shadows don't like the sun.

Should they just leave the woman alone? She seems powerful and possibly dangerous. But then what? Nothing. No, the scholar in Chris awakens. He needs to know more. Could they just talk with her?

'Yeah, company. We could... make our company even more interesting?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Grinning to Hildegard with a quick nod. “Oh, well I’ll order something different then we can do the share and taste.” Wish it was some blood doll instead… Vivian nodded to Michael, although she wished he would have contributed, it was understandable being new in town. So was she, but playing the part was just as important.

“I can hardly keep up with these phones either, or computers for that matter. I just use it for what I need and pay no heed to the bells and whistles.” The Daeva chuckled, flitting her hand to the side and sipping the wine.

Vivian was sitting close enough to Chris that she heard his cursing and saw his winced face. Turning to him with a puzzled look of What?

Listening to his recent suggestion, the Succubus paused a moment; looking to the three at the table. In a quieter tone, she replied with a pleasant tone despite what she said. “If you would like to join them, by all means.” Turning to Chris with a wide and sweet grin. Then her hand flipped up into the air slightly, with a shrug. “But, if the invitation is extended, I have some video tapes to return.” Tilting her head slightly with a half grin, the woman in question may turn into a Patrick Batemen situation. “And I may need to find someone to return them with me…” Her point may not have come across clearly, but someone needed to relay the information to outside sources or find more people to aid them.

She wasn’t irritated or upset with any of them for having their interests piqued. But, if Chris had an inkling, then this was quite possibly a ridiculous notion and she wanted no part of crazy train over in the corner. Not without being prepared, nor in public.

PRE

Mr. Wooding's muttering reaches Michael like it was directed to him. Michael's focus on the other table shifts for a moment back to his own. He glances at the other man for a moment, considering. What has he been doing, anyways? He gets his answer at Chris' next comment about making things 'more interesting'. Realization dawns on Michael. He's a Shadow too, isn't he? That would explain his unusual behavior - and the curiosity that Michael knew all too well.

Vivian, however, seems to want to let sleeping dogs lie. Probably for the better. Though Michael thinks, in passing, her style of carousing could be useful in the situation, he doesn't blame her. Torn between self-preservation and the need to pursue what could possibly be part of his mission, Michael adds his two cents.

"If Mr. Wooding thinks we should introduce ourselves... I'm all for it." he casts Vivian an apologetic look. "If you have to take your leave of us, I understand. I think perhaps we could speak again some time, if time permits." he says, politely. What he doesn't add is that he may never get that chance, if things turn out poorly.

Michael's interest shifts to Hildegarde for a moment. What is her opinion on all of this? Is she even on the same page?

"What do you say to a more direct approach, Ms. Bingen?" he asks, studying her for her response. It hadn't occurred to him until just now that she was an anomaly in this equation as well.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde frowned and glanced over her shoulder, following the other's gaze.

"More direct approach?" The Lord replied weakly. "I'm not sure what you mean? I was just out for a bite...? You are saying we network?" She glanced over at the table again, shivered and shifted as though she couldn't bear the temptation. "Oh look... the food..." Her attempt at levity turned flat.

She waited as the wait staff laid out her meal. Once they had dispersed, she added: "Well... I guess it is up to you..." She was eyeing her plate as if she was struggling to recall exactly what to do with it.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread