Ended
Watch

Moths to a Flame?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Thank the stars! Bloody hell, I thought I’d never find out. The Daeva’s long strive to figure out the thin man’s name came to fruition. Her next option was the direct approach.

“Yes, let’s make our way toward Hildegard, I would be delighted to meet her tonight as well.” Glad that Michael was willing to join the rest of them. The Succubus was curious if that was a statement in passing regarding himself, and that it wasn’t a private meeting. That would require further research.

After the men exchanged their name and initial pleasantries, Vivian turned toward the table Chris and Hildegard were located. She slipped her arm into the crook of the Beastless man’s elbow, and leaned into him slightly, whispering. “Puzzling, hm?” The Daeva didn’t turn back to the table in question. “Anything?”

Perhaps I’m loosing my mind, unless it’s collective delusion.

PRE

The gears in Michael's head begin spinning. He doesn't react to what he hears, visibly - self control has always been an invaluable tool. The implications, however, grip him in earnest. Nefertiti Khan? Is that the woman's name? He couldn't be sure. He was sure, however, that there were things happening behind the scenes with the development of this new bank. This beautiful, exotic woman was part of it. If she is Kindred... could she be the one Abgal sent me to find? Michael would know, soon.

The roar of conversation still surged, and Michael's mind was on edge. Upon confirmation from Chris that they would reconvene with him and Hildegarde, Michael nods. As he stands to join them he sees Vivian take the man's arm. Hears her whisper. Inspiration strikes him.

"I beg your pardon, but I need to use the restroom. I look forward to joining to shortly." he says, glancing towards the sign for the men's room. He turns makes his way to its door, gliding as silently as a fog. After a brief glance at the restroom's decorum, he eyes an open stall and steps into it, shutting it behind him. after pulling his phone from his pocket, he goes through the motions of making use of the stall, even to the point of dropping his pants to his ankles. As he sits in silence, pulls open the text that he and Vivian had shared. Give trust to earn trust... He adds her number to his contact list and types a detailed message. "A name was dropped. Nefertiti Khan. My guess is on the golden-skinned woman's name, or the other dark skinned one. She might possibly be Miss Cole, as well. A merchant bank called Ptah and Cole is opening, and one of the men suggested that an interloper was killed. I will be here for 15 minutes. Let me know what you can learn." He hits 'send' and waits.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde toyed idly with her glass before, almost reluctantly, drinking from it. Her eyes closed expressively as the ruddy liquid passed her lips; a mere moment of concentration stilled the animal reflex from her gut.

How long had it been since she had last tasted wine?

A lifetime, almost. The Lord decided, on immediate reflection, that such a thing was not good. It was something else to add to her list of Things to do in Sacramento When You Are Dead.

She reached again for the unattended bottle, threw an enquiring look at the little group by the bar.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris doesn't mind having Vivian in his arms as they move to the table. It's positively distracting though. 'Should I investigate her further?' It's an honest question. He wouldn't mind just socializing for a night.

Who's the Daeva here? Damn.

Then again, now he wants to know what all the fuss is about. Just a few looks can tell so much. 'I'll wait until we're seated.'

As Michael Travis heads off to the bathroom - for god knows what reason - the other two reach the table. Chris uses his free hand to make the usual introducing gestures as he addresses both women.

'Miss Bingen, may I introduce you to Vivian York. Miss York, please meet Hildegarde Bingen.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

V
    Vivian York

Vivian felt her phone vibrate in her hand and flashed it toward her to check it, skimming it briefly, the last part made her brows knit. Because a man spending 15 minutes in the bathroom is normal... at a lounge…

<Don’t stay too long.> Vivian's text reply to Michael.

Whoever Michael had gotten info on sounded Egyptian, or at least mimicking one. Looking up to Chris, Vivian appeared slightly torn. “Your decision. I would prefer company.” She wasn’t trying to persuade him, but the blonde wasn’t going to just sit by and not let her own preferences go unheard.

When the arrived at the table, Vivian handed Chris her phone, opened to the only text in her phone. She wiped it nightly. The Daeva’s hand moved toward the woman whose Beast rattled her on the way over. Beautiful and raven haired, she smiled to her and nodded. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Ms. Bingen. How are you this evening so far?”

It wasn’t her table, and the Daeva wasn’t sure where to sit. With a shoulder slightly shrugged she looked to Chris. You invited me, now pick the seat.

PRE

As he waits patiently for her response, Michael mulls over this new bit of information. Michael has always had an insatiable curiosity; his relatively new found abilities only seem to fuel this fire. He needed to know who she was. She may very well be the reason he was sent to Sacramento. Michael had only spent a short time abroad with Abgal in the Middle East, mostly in southern Iraq, but the Muslim world was ever interconnected. If this woman was, indeed, from Egypt she may have had contact with Michael's sire.

Michael hears the door open as another patron enters the restroom. It is so much quieter in here that he had almost considered letting his senses fall back down to a normal level. Michael swears he could hear this man's pulse as he walks in. He certainly heard the clacking of his somewhat worn leather shoes. The thought of feeding had crossed Michael's mind tonight, but even opportunity like this would be too risky. Too many eyes here. Too high a risk of someone else walking in. He looks down at his phone when it vibrates in his hand, seeing Vivian's reply. She's probably right. Maybe I'll order room service later. He smiles to himself over his private joke. He would only wait a short time longer. Hopefully the Succubus understood the advantage of not discussing the woman within earshot of others who were potentially listening. Not everyone is as paranoid as a Shadow, he mused.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Vivian? A pleasure. Will you take wine?" Hildegarde gestured to the bottle. "I'm a little hungry this evening," she admitted, casting an eye over to the wait staff, anticipating her meal. "I haven't eaten in... ages..." She attempted a light chuckle, sharing the private joke.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

As Chris moves to his own seat, opposite of Hildegarde, he leads Vivian towards the seat next to him. He gentlemanly slides the chair backwards so that the Daeva can sit.

He chuckles then, 'Same here. I wouldn't say I'm starving... but still.' There's always the hunger.

As he sits down he sips his wine and casually gazes through the restaurant. His eyes lock on the mysterious woman... nothing. He smiles to Hildegarde, 'The man, Michael Travis, will soon be joining us.'

Maybe Vivian would have more nice ways to explain the situation. Chris, once Priscus of Shadows, really should be able to read someone's aura. So he tries again...

Aura perception, WP updated
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-09-24 07:24:35 Chris rolls 8 to Wits + Emp + Auspex for Aura Perception -2 (nature) - 1 retry (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 5, 6, 8, 2, 7, 9, 5 2 successes
    2014-09-24 07:23:27 Chris rolls 6 to Wits + Emp + Auspex for Aura Perception -2 (nature) (10 Again) 6, 6, 5, 3, 2, 6 failure
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

“Oh, of course, I’d love a glass.” It may be about the only red I’m going to get this evening.

“What are we drinking?” Having a seat next to Chris, and crossing her legs so her body shifted toward him. Taking her phone back from him, her hand softly moving over his, the Daeva glanced to see if there was another new message and she set it on the table.

In a quiet, table conversational tone, Vivian began. “Yes, I’ve met him just this evening.” Gently laughing, she added with a curious look on her face. “Alas, apparently someone else caught his eye whilst we were at the bar.” Shaking her head a little. “Men are sometimes fickle.” Although she hoped Chris had read the text previously, and knew she meant no offence.

“I’m not sure if you’re in to technology but I was told this was the latest craze.” The phone certainly wasn’t anything special, but Vivian had the screen on to the open text message as she slid it to Hildegard.

The text from Michael read:
    <"A name was dropped. Nefertiti Khan. My guess is on the golden-skinned woman's name, or the other dark skinned one. She might possibly be Miss Cole, as well. A merchant bank called Ptah and Cole is opening, and one of the men suggested that an interloper was killed. I will be here for 15 minutes. Let me know what you can learn.”>

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde looked over with interest, and then, finally craned her neck to briefly glimpse the table with the golden skinned woman and her associates - the table from which merriment bubbled like an overflowing brook.

"Ohhh," the Lord exclaimed. Turning back, she added: "We are drinking [This] which complements the light meal to follow. And oh! Here it comes! Please, pick something and join us. Let us not stand out! We can talk about... things... What about eh... I don't know..." Fingers curling over her lips, she cast another glance over at the table, a frown forming on her doll like countenance.

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread