Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde bit back a curse, a shriek, a howl of frustration! Her chosen prey slipped across the street from Cesar Chavez Plaza Park, turned left and continued walking.

She had almost had him! That handsome man with his hispanic looks and aristocratic nose. She was half tempted to hunt him still, and lure him away... but no. That would be poaching.

The Lord watched, helplessly fuming as the man crossed the imaginary boundary into the Alder Clarke's personal rack, a place where she dare not follow. Not without permission - of which she did not. Her Beast sensed her weakness and wrapped itself, with tendrils black, more tightly around her spine, rubbing itself deliciously inside her brain pan. A pique took hold of her and she almost summoned the force of will to smash it down.

Instead she took herself across the street, breaching that threshold only known to the Kindred of Sacramento. She would have her drink, across the line. A challenge; a secret; a stroke of delectable defiance; humour. Her steps took her toward the richly appointed Citizen Hotel, with its attendant restaurant and bar. The red brick tower was just too tempting to resist...

The bar was a quiet hum of activity, leant a certain gravitas by the pull of the hotel. She ordered an expensive drink, and on sudden impulse a small meal, willing the Blood to energise her undead form, coupling it with the Blush. A smile split her lips, unintentional of course, forcing her to recover by hiding behind the menu, as warmth spread from her core to her limbs. Behind her ear, the Beast hissed strongly with renewed vigour - Hunger gnawed. For the moment the Lord ignored it.

Fortunately, any oddness she may have exuded, sitting there behind the menu while she waited for her order, with a full glass and open bottle at her right, was replaced by the urgency of new arrivals. The doors open and a small company entered the bar: a dandy with van dyke beard and shoulder length silvery locks; a bald man with thick moustache, grey suit with claret shirt; a blonde in a red dress, tottering artfully on high heels; an elegant woman with swarthy complexion, hair thickly piled on top of her head - her smile mysterious and inviting, eyes animated. But following behind - a rare creature: an exotic beauty with golden skin, artful poise and chiffon scarf draped over her head and shoulders like a movie star of old, ostentatious necklace. This last woman of mystery absorbed the stares like a flame absorbing moisture.

"My good friend! Our table!" The moustachioed man snapped his fingers, strutted.

The dandy went for his jacket pocket, stopped, recovered by gently herding the three ladies to their table.

Peeking over the menu, Hildegarde felt an uncharitable stab of envy at the golden skinned woman. She held the entire room in thrall, yet she did not need to say or do anything to so. She simply was. A jewel in flesh, walking among them. And the men, at least, knew it.
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

2. Likes Forn Clakes, Chrisie, West liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Really, Chris doesn't have much business at the Citizen Hotel. Normally he would never go there. He doesn't hunt at such places. He hunts in alleys and parks, like a Shadow. He is prepared for a good old fashioned hunt, what means that he's wearing his hunting outfit. No one knows that's what it is, but it is. He was on his way, walking further away from downtown Sacramento, but you never know what you come across. So he usually spends his evenings by foot.

This time, as he was walking through a park, he spotted Hildegarde Bingen. Or a woman with a Beast rather, for him. He's hiding in the shadows, like a true predator. But unlike a true predator, he doesn't mind a good conversation with a Kindred he hasn't met yet. He saw her at Court, but that's it. He's curious. And so curiosity stopped the hunt.

Is a Mekhet like a moth?

You better not tell them so. The fact remains that Chris is drawn to the lights just like the Ventrue Dragon before him. He steps inside the restaurant and looks around. He feels slightly out of place, but it doesn't matter. Because he knows someone here, or at least he is about to.

'Good evening miss,' he smiles handsomely, as he waits for Hildegarde to recognize his face - hopefully, 'I hope you're not waiting on someone in particular? Because I would love to help you pick something from that menu.' Like he knows it.

Reading people's minds will give me some honest opinions though.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde gently lowered the menu. The Beast settled in her brain pan didn't seem agitated by the man who stood at her table. It took a some moments for her scattered thoughts to knit sufficiently for her to place the man - a newcomer. And something more... which escaped her.

Gesturing at last, she replied: "Please, do. I think it is appropriate to share a dining experience in a place such as this, no?" She located another menu, slid it over. "What would you suggest. I have wine coming. Care to partake... Mr. Wooding?" Leaning back the Lord bought her hands together, flexing the fingers on her left hand before dropping it to her lap, hidden by the elegant table cloth.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Certainly, and we wouldn't want to be inappropriate now, would we?' Chris smiles as he moves a chair to sit on. He takes off his coat and his gloves before sitting down.

He narrows his eyes when the lady says his name, could she know him because he's the Hierophant? 'I see I don't have to introduce myself. But I'm afraid I have no idea who you are, miss...'

He moves his chair forward and leans on the table, 'Let me see, what are they serving here?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord had appeared momentarily distracted by her hand. She looked up.

"Ah. Ms... Bingen. Hildegarde Bingen." Her mouth pouted slightly as she bit back the desire to announce her full title. A new Coil was quite an achievement as part of her was still basking in the afterglow. "I... I was going to have this. Do you think it is appropriate with red wine? I have some coming... Ah! Here it is!"

As the bottle was laid out and the dark wine poured, the Lord spared another glance to the exotic beauty's table. How could she not... the woman was fascinating. So why did she get the shivers?

Quickly turning her eyes back to Chris, she added: "You will drink with me, won't you? Its an awfully big bottle."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Oh I will Ms Bingen, I love red wine.' He nods, preferring it to most beers or white wine. He looks at the wine being poured in a glass, while he prepares his body for this. Is he really going to eat a meal here?

That would feel awfully human, and it's a lot to throw up... Normally the Hierophant only drinks.

He looks at the menu. 'I will have a light meal, with some red meat to go with the wine. The roast beef salad with pine nuts sounds good.' He has to pretend like his choice is important, of course. But he's here to talk with Hildegarde.

'But how are you tonight, Ms Bingen? Do you come here often?'

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No. In fact, I think this might be the first time. Spur of the moment..."

The Lord gestured with a finger to the menu.

"I shall have [this]. Something suitably light, I think. Yes?" The doll face broke into a smile and the eyelids batted.

Order taken, Hildegarde turns her attention to the Shadow, her face still animated.

"I cannot complain, if that is your question. I have broadened my horizons, so how can I be sad?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Ah, those are the best times. Working on intuition, impulses.' Chris nods, really believing that. Of course you need to overthink everything, but following hunches will get you to places you've never been - or would ever go.

He smiles friendly as he nods, 'Oh good, just some general curiosity. You have broadened your horizons how, by coming to Sacramento? Have you been here long, if I may ask. I have recently returned to the city, you see.'

As he waits for an answer, Chris sips from the red wine. It's a good one.

V
    Vivian York

It was about that time, a time to go and take in the city of Sacramento. The Daeva was partial to more of the historic side of things, quaint but classic. Not that she’d pass up a night being fawned upon by a dashing man in some loud nightclub.

Having parked her car downtown near an alley, just in case she had no luck in the Hunt, Vivian’s strappy, snappy, shoes made a distinct clicking noise as she walked upon the sidewalk. She was blushed, and a smile adorned her face. Tonight, her hair was blonde again. Wearing a little black lace dress, with matching short gloves and a hint of Alfred Sung's Shi, sprayed upon the pulse points giving off aqua floral scents.

The Daeva stumbled upon the Citizen Hotel, charming and captivating, it was perhaps more tasteful than the Best Western she snacked at previously. As she entered the lobby, it was as charming on the inside as outside. I think this will do quite nicely.

She headed to the bar, her small purse on a string dangly only slightly as she moved. Vivian sat up at the bar counter, crossing her legs on the stool and ordered a French ’75 just for the sake of its smell. Vivian’s beast wound up a little, sensing another one in the room. She didn’t turn to see who it was quite yet. Presently, the Succubus was preoccupied with her drink, and starting her eye-fucking of the men who looked at her.

Use what you have, that’s what Jason always says.

-1 Vitae Blushed

PRE

Michael, head still spinning over obscurity of his present task, spies the sign for the Citizen Hotel. For the second time since his arrival in Sacramento, he feels out of place with the decorum and extravagance displayed the Kindred and kine here.

Abgal will have my head when he sees what I spend his money on.

He was still wearing the jeans and brown leather jacket from the previous evening, but he took the time to groom and straighten his short, red-brown hair. Michael knew that a Shadow should blend in to his surroundings, and his clothes he brought with him would no longer do. He would correct his mistake by tomorrow night.

I did come here to be noticed. No turning back now...

Drawn to the bar out of habit from his previous life, he listens to the thrumming of the conversations there. He hears a voice that he knows he should fear. His Beast thrashes and recoils, urging him to leave through the door he just crossed into. His face, however, remains impassive as he forces the Beast down. He sits at the bar and immediately pulls out his cell phone, pretending to look through messages. He uses his peripherals to watch. That's what a Shadow does; he watches. He waits.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread