Watch
131 - 139
DISPLAYED
Addicted to Love

Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

She can pretend to be whatever tough girl she wants, but all of the sudden the Fireheart starts to like this. What a fine melody, if she may say so. Lucy is finally getting the hang of this thing.

Now don't attack me, little emotion-pulsating fowl that you are.

There you go
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-16 09:34:47 [02] Lucy rolls 3 to Pres + Exp - 2 (10 Again) 5, 1, 8 1 success
    2014-11-16 09:34:47 [01] Lucy rolls 3 to Pres + Exp - 2 (10 Again) 4, 8, 9 2 successes
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Canaries start to circulate overhead, converging on the sound of the flute, called back to order from their scavenging. They then swoop down, one by one returning to the cage, each one innocent and majestic despite the strange oddities they are. They tweet and twitter, mimicking the sound that is being produced by the tune that Lucy has discovered. It is the sound of the white-pulsing canaries that are the most potent, calling to the mind's of each individual soul nearby, tempting them with something forbidden and stolen.

Can I get a Resolve + Composure roll from everyone involved in this scene. If you do not roll within 48 hours, I will roll on your behalf

Milo Chernobog

PRE

2 suxx to resist the tweety bird
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-17 18:38:49 Milo Chernobog rolls 5 to resist tweety birds (Res+Comp) (10 Again) 7, 2, 8, 2, 8 2 successes

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

2 suxx here on res+comp
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-18 11:58:35 Lucy rolls 5 to Forbidden and stolen? Interesting. (10 Again) 5, 6, 8, 1, 10, 3 2 successes

C
    C_Lloyd

1 suxx resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-18 12:17:21 Krumm rolls 4 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 6, 3, 3, 8 1 success

The tweeting, pulsing canaries have such a alluring melody, their song almost entices Krumm who has to grit his teeth to ignore their call. Milo and Lucy resist a little better, but the urge to try their magic is quite potent. Antonio seems utterly unfazed by their song.

The driver's door opens. Tommy unsteadily steps out. He is shaking and sweating quite badly.

"I need another hit. Please! Just one more time!" He pleads, voice hoarse and needy.

OOC

Stuff
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-20 11:56:49 Tommy Cook rolls 3 to Resolve + Composure -2 (10 Again) 7, 3, 4 failure
    2014-11-20 11:55:13 Forn Clakes rolls 5 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 5, 1, 8, 8, 10, 8 4 successes

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Eyes wander back to the birds as their song calls out to Milo.

"A plan B, while useful to have, will not be an issue for this particular endeavor Antonio." The Fairest assured his Spring counterpart. "As for the girls freak out, it is to be expected what with the effect those birds have. I believe we might want to have a talk about the goods before reporting back for our reward."

Milo paused a second, obviously concerned before leaning towards Antonio to whisper."The birds are receptacles for memory, it's the next stage of harvesting according to Tommy. I have concerns though, as you just saw reaping the fruits of this labor is not without emotional consequence. I'm concerned the effect it would have in the hands of a criminal organization like the Long Midnight."

The Shadowsoul turns back towards Tommy and begins to walk, eyes fixated on the birds like the forbidden fruit they were. "I think this should be taken to my Court for observation, and possibly either isolation or destruction. This is far more then just a shipment of some minor drug, and I suggest we treat it as such."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Although the birds and their melody is quite alluring, nothing gets on Lucy's nerves like Tommy does. First she wanted to find out some things about the canaries, as in, right now. But the addicted dealer/thief among them distracts her even more.

The Fireheart turns to Tommy with a serious expression, and she automatically uses the flute as some sort of scepter as she points at the car, 'Tommy, get your ass back in the car, now. Back seat please.' 'Please' because otherwise, she would have to waste her time by putting him there.

Then she turns to Milo. 'Sounds like plan, and you're right. Besides, our job was to make sure that Tommy here, leaves the city. For all we know he didn't have the product on him.'

Plan A, Plan B, what does the name matter?

'I think we should just drop him off. Then take the canaries to your Court. But I suggest we also go to the Discovery Park as soon as possible - we don't want to miss our reward. While we go, Antonio, Jeffrey, maybe you can look after everyone in the park? Make sure no canaries are left somewhere.* We'll meet up later.'

Intimidation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-20 17:48:40 Lucy rolls 6 to Pres + Intimidate to "shut Tommy up" (10 Again) 2, 9, 6, 10, 1, 1, 6 2 successes

The barb from Lucy made Tommy cringe and he flinched away. Despite his shaking, he got back into the car and began to sob.

It would seem that, for now, there are no more canaries in the park, all having returned to the cage at Lucy's flute-playing. Tommy, the thief, was in their custody and all that as required now was to get him to the edge of the Freehold, which shouldn't be too difficult.

The canaries will always stick in the mind, a contradiction to the strange magic that seems to be at their disposal and just how they can be abused.

As for Jennifer, the pool-girl? It is rumoured she never smoked pot again or went for a late-night swim with her friends. She did tend to look strangely at guy's with Latino accents from that night.

End Scene. Well done!

Scared
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-11-22 01:25:02 Tommy Cook rolls 5 to Resolve + Composure (10 Again) 2, 2, 6, 8, 6 1 success

10. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
Page 14 of 14 First ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
Closed Thread