Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Addicted to Love

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last

Milo Chernobog

PRE

Milo's eyes glanced around, pondering the very valid question just posed to him.

"Unlock your vehicle. Krumm and Jeffrey in the back seats. Lucy will take the passenger seat." Milo's tone was flat, and the Fairest was not making any attempt to hide the fact that those words were not a request. "However I shall remain where I am, if only to deter others from approaching."

Krumm was scary when he was mad no doubt, but Autumn scary? That was doubtful.

C
    Cross

Time to ditch the girl, at least for now. It was weird that his Contract didn't stick, and the canary near the girl was a little weird. He looked at it and shooed it off. "Tell you what, Jennifer? Why don't we do this. You go ahead and enjoy the party, I'll take care of things here and pick my friend up, get us the good stuff and then I come on back to the pool for a swim? Sound good?"

Silver-tongued, Antonio flashed her that smile. It was hard to do Wyrd stuff quietly with some girl around, and he hadn't expected shit to go down the way it did.

6 sux to persuade her to go chill at the pool, 2 sux int+wits re contract failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-16 18:52:17 Antonio Escobar rolls 5 to int+wits re contract (10 Again) 9, 8, 7, 4, 1 2 successes
    2014-10-16 18:50:42 Antonio Escobar rolls 10 to Manip+Persuasion+SL (10 Again) 7, 10, 8, 2, 8, 5, 8, 10, 6, 7, 1, 10, 6 6 successes

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

There's a moment of silence wherein Lucy tries to figure out why she has to be in the front seat. Was the place better or worse? She doesn't know. She would love to sit there, and probably ask most questions. But still, what was Milo thinking? The Elemental is not at all impressed by his commanding tone, but she had no reason to be bitchy about it.

Whatever.

She opens the door to the passenger seat beside Tommy. 'Sure it's safe... to talk.' She adds a playful criminal wink to that, which means that they're playing with him, and not with him.

She waits for the others to agree with the plan as well before she proceeds to the questioning.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Tommy nodded, unlocking the doors to his car, allowing anyone to get in as they pleased. Inside, it smells of stale smoke that is tinged with something sweet, no doubt narcotic. There is also clutter on the backseats, mainly empty cans of soft drinks and fast food wrappers but also torn journals and several small musical instruments, including a wooden flute.

Once everyone is ready, Tommy begins, the Gaelic lilt strained with so many eyes on him. "I was once a music lecturer, taught here in the city. This was before I was taken. When I returned, I had been replaced. Couldn't take it. I...slipped. Got hooked on anything and everything. Soon enough, normal drugs weren't enough. That's when I met a gob called Douchebag. No idea why, stumbled on him. He was able to offer me a unique set of drugs, stuff truly magnificent. I mean, his gear could blow your mind in any way you wanted...." A small, content smile played on Tommy's lips as he told them of Douchebag's wares.

Over by Jennifer, the Pool Girl, Antonio casts a n eye towards the car some 20 yards away. The reason his Contract failed to work became pretty clear; with everyone swarming Tommy's vehicle, he simply couldn't see the dealer. If he wanted to change the man's emotions, he would need to get a clear line of sight. The canary was increasing its pretty song nearby.

Antonio @Cross Roll Resolve + Composure

F
    FrereSebastian

Jeffrey nodded his approval and agreement when Milo ordered him and Krumm to get into the car. The Hobgoblin didn't mind being mere muscle for now. Besides, the Fariest taking over meant that Krumm stopped trying to improvise and just making mistakes.

After getting into the back seat of the vehicle, he shifts a lot of the rubbish out of the way so he could sit. Though he paused when the Gaellic man mentioned the hob's name.

"Douchebag? Really?" Jeffrey couldn't believe his ears.

Milo Chernobog

PRE

An eyebrow raised at the mention of Douchebag, but Milo otherwise listened contently.

"But then how does any of this tie into the Long Midnight? Are any of these new substances being sold to them as well?" The Fairest asks calmly but firmly. "And how much of this substance has been dealt to the regular folk of Sacramento?"

The issue of the Wyrd case was still on Milo's mind, but he doubted Tommy would try anything with the Summers still around. Hell, he couldn't even drive away with Lucy and Jeffrey inside.

C
    C_Lloyd

Krumm nodded and sat in the back seat as asked, still agitated, but relieved that they were making progress. He didn't have anything else to say or add to his investigation. He looked over to Jeffrey and sighed, shaking his head in disappointment of himself. These bouts of anger, outbursts. He had spent a year trying to learn to control them, but the moment he returned home they got worse. There was no controlling it. Not now. He had to find balance again. But how?

Now isn't the time.

Krumm sat and listened as the conversation went on. He was largely unconcerned with the details, but it was best if he knew them anyway. I

C
    Cross

2 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-20 17:27:42 Antonio Escobar rolls 5 to Rescomp (10 Again) 8, 9, 3, 4, 4 2 successes

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

What a poor story of Mr. Cook, you'd almost sympathize with him. But that's not what a Winter Courtier is for.

'Cool story bro, but my mind is already on fire.' He might not understand the reference, probably, but the Fireheart doesn't really care. It's all about the fact that not everyone should get in touch with Hedge drugs.

'So, you decided to trade the stuff you were hooked on? Always a bad plan. And you must know that you're not part of a good business, otherwise you could have joined the Freehold. Now you're just drawing all the wrong kinds of attention.'
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

"Not quite," Tommy replied to Lucy before shaking his head, sadly. "Douchebag got me hooked on something far more special. It was magnificent but when I tried to get some more, the little bastard put his prices up! I managed to get trade some stuff to score, which was amazing. The third time, Douchebag refused to sell to me all together so I did what I had to; I stole his product for myself." A shiver as he recounted the tale, definitely feeling sorry for himself.

"I didn't even know he was a fence for the Long Midnight! See, it was their product, they were testing it around, or so I heard. I'm a nobody caught up in the middle of this mess."

As Jennifer nodded in agreement, the bird-song grew in intensity, seemingly focusing on the pair of Pool Girl and the Fairest. Antonio feels a pull on his mind that he subconsciously resists, the song almost burrowing into his brain. It then stops, suddenly. Jennifer eyes glaze in a blink and as she re-focuses, she looks extremely confused, head swiveling around to her surroundings and then to the man before her, eyebrows furrowing. Finally, her eyes look down at her damp, near naked body.

Her startled, frantic scream cut across the parking lot.

The canary flies away, no longer yellow but pulsing white.

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread