DISPLAYED
Coffee and a Proposition?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum sat at the table and sipped her mocha not taking her eyes off the pages of her book. She had carefully selected this coffee shop for the excellent things she heard about it, and for the fact that it met certain restrictions for her.

She wasn't in the best of moods lately. Unfortunate things had happened recently and with not one but two of their cabal AWOL, she was concerned. It was the first time she decided to take a chance and join a cabal and things were not going as planned. She had expected something...different...something more active.

Setting down her coffee she sighed and looked at her watch briefly before turning to the bakery/coffee shop checkout counter. The smells from this place were absolutely killing her and she glowered at the muffins as they sat their taunting her from beneath the glass, and they were all decked out in their streusel toppings and fruited treasures. Then her eyes lit up as she saw the baklava lounging there and she quickly turned back to her reading.

It wasn't long before she cool feel the diabolical baked goods mocking her and staring at the back of her head. While she had eaten before she came for the meeting, the relentless assault from her mortal foe was grating on her nerves. She couldn't let them get away with such blatant disrespect...could she?

Damn it! She thought to herself as she closed her book and went to the counter to purchase.

Then as she made her way back with a massive piece of baklava she couldn't help feeling that she had somehow lost in some epic struggle or something. However, when she took that first bite she didn't care anymore.

I can just go running later or something...that would make up for it...won't it? She consoled herself.

The cybergoth sat blissfully nibbling her prize as she continued reading and waiting.

Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley appeared, as usual, in a black T with the crumbling remains of a band picture plastered over it; dark jeans with chains looped into his pockets and belt. He didn't appear to notice the cybergoth as he ordered himself a coffee; it was only when he was weaving his way to Aurum's table that he gave her nod of recognition.

And then he was there, pulling up a seat.

"How you been?" The Acanthus inquired without ceremony. "Sorry if I've been out of the loop. Trying to breathe life into old contacts."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum looked up from her book still chewing and gave Crowley a nod as she finished. She closed her book with the book mark in it and gave him a smile.

"Hey, that's alright I was kind of busy myself. Sorry about that," she said with a slight guilty grin. "I haven't seen or heard from the others lately so looks like we're on our own. If things work out today we should get together and actually do something. It would make working together a lot easier having a third, and it wouldn't feel as much like shacking up..." she trailed off and took a sip of her coffee totally not trying to hide any awkwardness...nope...no ulterior motives behind it.

The goth hoped that her new friend would be arriving soon or they would have to advertise to the larger body of awakened.

Won't that look good? Hi we need more because we can't even get a cabal off the ground! Nice! she thought bitterly to herself.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"No worries there," Crowley replied. He placed the hot cup on the table before flopping into a char, baggy legs splayed. "I got a place of my own, so I don't think it'll be like we're a thing. I figured a shared... space..." The Acanthus shifted uncomfortably, "would be more like a club house. You want to live there, sure. I may occasionally crash... couch surf... but thats as far as I'd take it."

He reached for his steaming cup, head tilted inquiringly as he waited for Aurum's thoughts. "I'm kinda over shared housing, if you catch my drift. You could say my last... brotherhood... imploded exploded. And I've been around some very strange... families... since. Right now I want a space for myself - even if I share workspace with others, you feel me?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

To some people Faye might have been a bit late, but to the Acanthus, she was on time.

She breezes into the coffee shop and scans the people there, her eyes finally settle up Aurum and Crowley. A quick wave is offered as she makes her way up to the counter, needed her caffeine fix after all. The funny thing, if they ever checked her blood, they would prob find it had been replaced with Monster and coffee.

Large coffee purchased, she makes her way to her friends and plops down. She was dressed fairly casual today, distressed jeans with a Bumblebee t-shirt. Her favorite Transformer. Her long blonde hair was cascading in lose waves around her shoulders, her eyes more gray today than blue.

“Hey guys!” she says taking a sip, tiny sip, of her hot coffee. “How’s everyone been?”

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

At Crowley's words, the cybergoth visibly relaxed and it looked like an uncertainty or unease had been lifted from her small shoulders. She had not been excited about the idea of sharing a living space with new people she barely met and especially since one of them is a man. She could live with the idea of a shared working and meeting space.

"I've got a place of my own too. So I'll spend time at the club house, but I'm pretty used to working alone so it will be good for me to learn to work with others."

Aurum gave Faye a wave back in greeting as the other woman went to the counter. At least everyone was here, because Aurum really would have been bummed if Faye had also skipped town.

"I completely understand. I'm one that enjoys her space too and can be pretty private about myself. I haven't really had a club before so this is all a little new to me," Aurum said with a nod. She then turned to Faye as she spoke.

"Hey Madison I love that shirt! Glad you could make it," the moros indicated the open seat so that the other woman would feel welcome. "I've been doing well enough. Several things have kept me busy like school and stuff. How have you been?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Getting back into the swing of things, you know?" Crowley gestured - the universal gesture for phone calls. Since being made Herald, the Acanthus had been trying to rebuild the web of contacts he'd once enjoyed in the local entertainment business: so far it had been an uphill battle.

"Hows that coffee?" He added as Faye joined them. "I take it you met my buddy here. Lets talk shop a bit."

He swivelled in his seat, focussing his attention on the newcomer. He was very interested what his fellow Enchanter had to say. And more importantly, he hoped she could be persuaded to throw her lot in with their Urban Renewal. After all, Aquinas would no doubt want to meet a Cabal soon.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Thanks! Bumblebee is my favorite Transformer.” She added with a shy smile. Her geek was showing.

“Been busy as well. Between apartment hunting and working on new acts for my show, the days have been flying by.” She hoped to have her show together soon and put on a show.

She takes a sip of the coffee and grins at Crowley, “Excellent! I swear I'd be lost without caffeine.” She says with a laugh. “Yup, dancing and karaoke, was a great evening!”

She wasn’t sure how the conversation was supposed to go, she had never been in a Cabal before. So she looked to Aurum and Crowley to get the ball rolling in that department.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley waited, a smile smile playing on his lips.

He waited. He waited some more. Eyes flicked back and forth between the two women.

"We were talking about a study group. So we can support one another in our various studies. The world is an open book when your going through open learning, yeah. Can be lonely. Nice to have friends."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow is raised over her coffee cup as he mentioned a study group.

“I have heard many positive things about study groups. And having support would defiantly be great!” she replied with a nod. “But I must admit, I’ve never been part of a study group, always been the loner you know.” There was a shrug.

“And yeah, it does get lonely, so I am looking for friends and support. Guess it is about time to put some roots down and settle somewhere. Can you guys tell me anything about your group?”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread