Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
The Winter Keep (Open)

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Alex Rivers

Seeing that the mood in the room is relaxed, Rostam steps forward to shake Swilla's hand. Then, after a moment's thought, he turns and offers his hand to the others...

"It's good to meet you. All of you."

Swilla nodded in response to the Fairest's words. "I feel ya girl," he said to her as he finished cleaning up the mess. "What's new? Well, there's a lot that's new, but some things never change, ya know?" The Coldscales grinned at them as he said those words, putting the mop back in its place now that he was done cleaning up.

"The Four Seasons is no more," he said, his tone taking on a more somber quality. "That asshole Fairweather burned the whole fuckin' place down!" There was also a lot of anger in his voice as he spoke, and if it wasn't for his Winter Mantle, one may have mistaken the big bad croc for a member of the Iron Spear. "Lot of good people died that day, and some others vanished altogether."

There was a moment of silence after Swilla spoke those words.

"Our Queen remains the same," he said to L'aire, since she was the only one who had actually met Katrin out of the trio. "But this joint is our Court's new hangout spot. Queen Byeli owns it, but Harvey manages the place." After all, a Sovereign in the Freehold probably had more important things to do than manage a bar.

3. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire felt her shoulders fall a little, in sadness. “Yeah, I read that in the papers. About the fire that is.”

“As much as I want to know who passed and who vanished, maybe that’s a bit more than these two want to get into today.” The Fairest looked over to Rostam and Lucy with bittersweet eyes. New friends, but old friends that passed. Celebration and unfortunate events.

Breathing in deeply before she spoke, not wanting to relay how much it bothered her. “Has there been anymore sightings of the asshole?” But the Dancer thought she may as well use the Beast’s words anyway.

“I’m glad she’s well.” She wasn’t really worried about Katrin. The woman knew how to hide, and slip into many places. It kind of made her a little jealous sometimes. “This place is kinda cool, although I’ve only briefly seen the upstairs.”

L’aire made a rolling motion toward herself with her arm to the Fireheart and Gristlegrinder. “Chime in any time. Swilla here may have the answers, or not.” Chuckling a little. The Fairest felt relaxed, something she hadn’t felt in a long time, even when she was here the first time around. It was probably the teddy-lizard’s chilly welcoming that was familiar to her. And to an Onyx, chilly was a good thing.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

When Big Swilla speaks of "the Four Seasons" burning down, the Fireheart doesn't know what to say. Because it's not hard to guess what he's talking about. It must have been awful. The Fire. An all consuming heat that the Elemental knows all too well. The sorrow it brings...

'I... I'm sorry to hear this.' It probably wasn't too long ago. But as they move on with the conversation, so does Lucy.

'We have a Queen then, wonderful. I would love to meet her, if the opportunity arises.' Or if there's some special procedure for an audience? Who knows how they do their business in the west. 'Because if I'm here a little longer and I decide to stay, I assume there is at least one pledge I have to make?'

She asks it nicely, not in any way opposed to swear oaths for the Freehold, or the Winter Court.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Alex Rivers

Rostam also wants to know more about the mysterious Fairweather and just why the Four Seasons got turned into Nakatomi Plaza... but first things first.

"I would like to meet the Queen as well. And any of the other Winters. It gets awfully lonely out there sometimes... Is there any sort of gathering planned for our Court soon? Or will we have to wait until the actual season is here?"

Swilla nodded at the Dancer's words, not elaborating further on the subject of the fall of the Four Seasons. "No sightings as of late," he said in response to her question. And he was certainly glad about that. While the big bad croc wouldn't mind bashing Fairweather's skull, he had a feeling that the Freehold could not afford to just go out and hunt the fucker down. If they were ever going to defeat the dragon, they would have to employ cunning and subtle tactics. "Glad you like it," he added in reference to the Fairest's words about the jazz club. "Its a bit different from what you were used to, but its got a great atmosphere."

The Coldscales turned to the newcomers, nodding at their words. "Yeah, we've got a Queen. I'm sure you two will get to meet her sooner or later," he said to the pair, offering them a quick grin. "And yeah, you'll have to swear the Freehold's Oath if you plan on sticking around." He paused for a moment, considering the Ogre's question. "Well, you know how us Winter folks are like," he said, chuckling a bit. "Your best bet is to meet folks here, but I don't think we'll be holding an official shindig until the cooler months, ya feel me?"

Let's try to wrap up this thread in the next few days. Its getting close to the 1 month mark

8. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire was concerned that such a thing could hide so well. If things hadn’t changed around the Freehold, the Fairest knew they were making their best efforts to figure this Dragonic out.

“At least if I’m asked to dance again, I won’t be worried that I will send a bobble of some sort reeling to the floor.” The Dancer remembered meeting Katrin right before the Winter meeting and what she was asked to do. Even a contortionist, who normally didn’t fear tight places, was certainly nervous at Treasured.

“Oh, no meeting soon.” A small sad look on her face. “That’s too bad, I was hoping to swear to our Queen this time, but that’s okay.” Her eyes shifted from Swilla to the floor looking at the spilled liquor spot on the floor, only wet after being cleaned up.

The Fairest looked to the other two Onyx Courtiers and smiled. “I’m sure they’ll turn up eventually, Rostam and Lucy. In the meantime, there are probably a lot of other Lost in the Freehold who also want company…and some that probably do not.” Recalling some standoffish sorts from her last days in Sacramento. “Usually there are gatherings at certain times, I’m sure they’ll be plenty of others to meet, not just Winters.” Adding a tiny beaming grin of hope to the two of them.

Geez, now I want a Winter meeting, thanks there buddy. Essentially, she just wanted to talk to Katrin again.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Well, at least there will be some meeting, I assume? Does every Court currently have a sovereign?' You never know how things may go. The Elemental didn't just hop off out of the Hedge, but still she has only experience with one Freehold.

She understands the situation though. They're not going to hold a meeting just to please some newcomers. But there are other options:

'Should I leave my number upstairs maybe? I don't know how many Winter Courtiers there are, but it's nice be able to get in touch with at least a few. Just in case.' She looks around with a curious smile, knowing that some Silent Arrows like to keep their phone quiet, but she can always try.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

This scene has hit the one month mark. Will be closing in 24 hours

Swilla nodded in response to the Dancer's words. "Well, ya can always swear to Queen Byeli when the time comes," he said to L'aire before turning to the others. "If you want to meet more of the Court, I suggest poking your heads in here every now and then." He paused, giving a little shrug. "When they aren't hiding, they tend to stop by here for a drink and a chat," he added after the pause, offering them all a grin.

"You can leave your number with Harvey if you like," said the Coldscales to Lucy. "And yes, every Court has a Sovereign at the moment." The big bad croc paused once more, looking between the three Changelings. "If you don't have anymore questions, I'd better get back to work," he said, letting out a chuckle. "But its been good meeting ya," he said to Lucy and Rostam. "And its good to have you back," he said, his eyes turning towards L'aire.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread