Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

No Rest for the Wicked

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

So they were driving on their own. Not a big deal, though unfortunate. Was Star sober enough to be driving? Thoughts plagued her in a few different ways as she drove her young cabalmate back towards 4W, the CD that had been playing earlier proving to be a burned CD as Alanis Morisette's Guardian began to play. She simply let it play quietly on the ride back home, watching the road thoughtfully before finally deciding to speak up.

"... I'm surprised by how surprised Avis seemed about the notion that I'd never mentioned siblings," she mused to the Asp thoughtfully. "Sometimes I really don't know what, precisely, she's expecting from me. It makes me wonder whether that's because I'm doing something right... or horribly wrong," she sighed a little, before shaking her head.

"Did you have fun this evening, at least?" she inquired as her thoughts dwindled away into a question. Let Asp talk. It would make more sense.

A
    Asp

Asp's hair bounced as she lightly headbanged to the strong beat and the guitar line off the start of the Alanis tune. She was a little bit red from the booze, a little bit warm from the bar, and more than a little interested in some coffee with Bailey's in it.

Mmm... Bailey's.

"Heh, you're a Visus, and I mean that with all the affection in the world - it's part of your job to keep things private. I'm surprised she's surprised. Not everyone is as open about their past as I am," she said with a little chuckle. She opened the window a little, getting the warm California air whipping through her hair. Now it was just going crazy. "I did. Some of those guys got real lit, but hey."

She gave Zoey a sidelong look.

"I wonder if we'll see Star and Avis back at the Batcave later...?"

Drunk thinking. She went somewhere naughty. Oops.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"At least someone gets it," she sighed a little, shaking her head with a light shrug. "I wasn't exactly trying to keep secret the fact that I had siblings, either. It had just never come up, I'd had no reason to talk about it..." Zoey's lips pursed in thought, before Asp's words hit her.

"You think they won't make it back?"

... and there it was. Concern. "I don't think he really should have been driving in his state at all..." Damnit. She had to take better care of them... if he ended up getting the two of them mangled... Maybe Avis would drive. Maybe that would work. She hoped so. She really hoped so. She was sorely tempted to check in on them, but resisted it as she pulled up at 4W and parked the car.

Phone... it was in hand in short order. "... maybe I'll just give them a call... just make sure they're safe... I was going to be the sober driver for a reason..."

A
    Asp

Asp's head turned, and she stared at Zodiac for a long moment. A hand reached over and rested on her shoulder for a moment.

"I think you missed my meaning."

Eyebrow wiggling up and down. Oons, oons, oons. 'Meaning'. 'Missed'.

Then she started to laugh, eyes front. "They're fine. Star wasn't drinking all that much, seriously, and was Avis even drinking at all? I got a nose for these things."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"... I have no idea how much he drank before we got there," she pointed out, worriedly, before watching her expression.

It was a few moments of an utterly blank look on her face before realization dawned. "... you don't mean..." she started, before a wry grin crossed her face. "... oh so that's who the girl he was talking about was."

Mischief and mayhem sat on either of her shoulders as that understanding settled in. Really. Reeaaaaally? That was very interesting, wasn't it? Good for him. Good for both of them. Her phone snapped closed and tucked away as she opened the door for Asp. "Well, if they're going to be off and busy for a while... what say you we let Felix run rampant for a little bit and we set up with a couple drinks, hm? You owe me three secrets to my count," she added, playfully.

Also? She was totally going to prank Star and Avis. Absolutely. She didn't know how, yet, but she totally was going to. Maybe some photoshop would happen, and a cute little framed picture would end up on their bedside tables. Hmmmm!

6. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp blinked. "Wait, what? He was talking about a girl..." Avis had a date. "Avis was asking me about dating..."

She put a hand to her mouth. It couldn't be, could it? It didn't matter one whit for Cabal operations purposes, but oh, if they were... that would be So. Fucking. Cute. But no. This was just drunk logic...

She stepped out of the vehicle, her balance still relatively sure-ish. It wouldn't be if she kept drinking. "Three secrets... oh, shit. I didn't pay for any of my drinks all night..." She shrugged. "Sure. I think we should put Felix in Star's room before he gets home, though. He'd like that very much, I think." Felix would. Star might not. But hey. She could always blame Zoey.

"What we drinkin'?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Mmhmm. We had a brief talk because of some girl he was supposedly going to see," she shrugged, though she looked particularly amused. "That's about the oddest couple I could imagine. Still," she paused as they got inside, leaving her to close the door behind Asp before continuing, giving her a serious look. "Don't mention it around the rest of the Consilium, regardless. For one thing, if they want to come out and say they've got a thing, that's up to them. For another, Star could get himself in quite a pickle if people hear about it," she sighed a little. Why was she protecting the doofus, anyway? Rules were rules.

... of course, that was a rule she never really did understand. C'est la vie.

"And no, no you definitely didn't. I don't think Felix in Star's room is the plan - I'm concerned about the safety of both of those cats - but I'm totally thinking that it would be awesome to photoshop them a cute picture together and frame two copies of it to put on their bedside tables. What do you think? I think that would be fantastic," she grinned a little bit. "Can you imagine how much they'd freak out? You'd totally protect lil' ol' me from an Avis beatdown, wouldn't you?"

Moving to lead the way to the kitchen, Zoey fished out a bottle of whiskey, a bottle of vodka and two different bottles of rum. "This is all the selection I have. Sailor Jerry's?" she offered as she lifted one of the rum bottles.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

"What? I thought I could be all, omigod you guys! at the next Consilium gathering," she said in her best ditsy blonde voice, laughing as she followed Zoey into the kitchen. She did not trip. "Seriously though. What pickle?" She was curious. Was that a Guardian thing? Or did Star have a main squeeze? Was Aw-vee steppin'?

The things her drunk brain thought of. She should Life that away.

"A cute picture, with Momma, Daddy and Felix. Like a nice, sweet family?" She grinned too. "They'd totally freak out. We shouldn't. I can't guarentee your safety. Avis is sneaky and wily. Her bedtime is also way later than mine."

Seriously. She could kill with a spoon.

"Uh, rum's fine. I got coke, if you want mix."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"It's... an order thing," she sighed a little, shrugging, before laughing a bit and shaking her head.

"Rum and coke? Sure."
    Dang. No protection from Asp if she did pull some terribly hilarious prank.

... that wasn't exactly making her feel any less like she should, though. Pouring the rum into a pair of glasses, she simply smiled and took a seat again, awaiting coke.

"Beyond it being an Order thing, just... think about it as for Avis' safety. We make plenty of enemies, and being someone's significant other can put a target on someone's back." It was the only thing she could think of to explain why the Visus did what they did on that front.

"Now, enough about Derp and Derpette," Zoey grinned at Asp. "You owe me three secrets, little miss dojo snake. I'm not letting you off the hook."

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp nodded somberly as the rum was poured, grabbing some Coke out of the fridge. It was her only vice, she swore. Placing the cold cans down on the countertop, she cracked them and offered them to Zoey for pouring. "Lot of other things that put targets on our backs, too," she said with a shrug. "But I get it. Cautious action seems Guardian-y."

Well. She sort of got it. She plopped herself right down on a barstool.

"Pfft, call me that again and I'll show you a dojo snake," she said with a chuckle. "Three secrets, huh? What do you want to know?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread