Ended
Watch

The Mountain Master

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The old building was exactly was quite out of the way, not even appealing to the homeless. It was run down, with an open stairwell in the entrance atrium, lots of obstacles left in hallways, and some big holes in a few spots. Some old scaffolding stood in a few locations, abandoned by whoever tried to last fix up the place last. There were a few parts that could be dangerous: weak floors and especially a couple patches on the ground level. The floor was complete broken through on the first level, dirt clearly visible.

Fortunately, none of the mundane traceurs were around today, just as Morgan knew they wouldn't. That was why she thought this'd be a good place to meet with Green. Abandoned, out of the way, and guaranteed empty. Perfect for Lost business. And if things went well, it'd be a safe place to practice a new Contract. Provided the raccoon could convince the Mountain to agree to instructor her.

And that she arrived before him. A delay had detoured her, to her benefit but still a delay. Thus, she entered the building and started looking around. Hopefully if she he was already inside, she hadn't kept him waiting.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was slow. That... and several false starts as he misconstrued the instructions Morgan had left him. He carefully picked his way through the urban decay, a process delayed as he manoeuvred through the debris (and stopped to marvel at the exposed superstructure).

Elemental's are curious things. By the time Morgan came upon him, he had turned his attentions to the exposed earth, running his hands through clods of the stuff with an almost playful smile cut into his normally impassive features.

3. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan sighed in relief that Green was still here. Even if he seemed really proccupied with the dirt for some reason. Huh, did this place get worse since she'd last visited? Could be the case. Shrugging it off she walked over towards the Mountain lifting her arm in greating, "H-heh-hi-salutations G-Green. T-thank you for c-coming on shortage posting, eh-heh-heh."

She looked around the area, seeing no signs of anyone else, which was great. Forutnately there was also no new warning tags either. "Heh-hope you not have too m-much trouble-bubble locating t-the place."

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green turned and grunted by way of acknowledgement. He wiped his dirty hands on his jeans without a hint of worry. "Yeah. I did. This is good," he said, by way of cryptic reply. "You said you wanted... instruction? Or something?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

She smiled and nodded her head, quickly. Repeatedly: "Yes-yup-yah-yes-yuppers. Um, heh-heh, w-was curious a-about Con-contracts of Elementinals an-and was hoping for l-learning s-some ittle-bits. If-if you don't mind, heh-heh," She stopped to put on a large, nervous grin. After a couple seconds she started talking again, "And-and a-about compensations, heh-heh, I-I not anticipate freebie-mooching by me, no-nope. No-be-ruby-rude, Imma w-willing to barg-ter-trade-favor-cash-stuff f-for it. Uh, k-kinda 'pends on-on what you c-cool with. Um, you know, aside from being cool, eh-heh...heh."

The attempt at a joke and compliment was quite weak. Hopefully she didn't offend Green with it.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green rose slowly to his full, imposing, height. He looked down from on high, eyes serious. Hand rose to scratch at his bearded lip. "Favours." He spoke at last, dropping the hand. "Favours for favours. Money isn't so useful to our lot. You a courier, right?"

There was another pause.

"So. What you want to know? Its not like I know the theory of these things, right? They just tricks I know... and stuff I remember. Sorta, yeah?"

9. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Green wanted favors? Okay, she'd done favors before under a Pledge for a Lost she'd never met before. Doing favors for someone she liked? No problem. Morgan excitedly nodded her head, "Ye-y-yuppers, sure! Courier I am, f-favors l-like that b-be glad to do for you, heh-heh. No problems, j-just asks and happy return-aid favor."

It might seem unwise to not specify amount, but she trusted the Mountain not to abuse her offer.

Ah and there it was, what she wanted to know. "Um, sorta-kind wonderings if-if knowing how to make Contract wid one elements l-lets you know how to make www-ith others? A-and aplimination..." she paused then coughed into a fist. She laughed lightly and shrugged, "Sorry-sorry. M-meant application. Um, th-that is, I w-would like to know how to do it. Um, p-please?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green made a noise - a sort of cross between a rumble, a cough, and a "har-umpf!"

"Now lets see? I got chained to the skin of the world, twisted into many giant shapes... uh... like a mountain. And had hobs cut through my veins looking for precious stones... yeah. I think. But thats probably not going to help much... um... I also clambered onto a windy mountain peak and... ah... sat there. Yeah. Sat there until I understood what it felt like to sit at the top of the world with the wind howling around you. Maybe?" He scratched his head. "Its... kinda vague."

He stared down at the racoon.

"So. Like. Maybe you gotta talk to your Element. What you seeking to pact with?"

12. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Her over large eyes stared back up at him, surprise showing as he spoke. Morgan sucked in a breath and winced at Green's casaul reference to his Durance. The raccoon began wringing her hands in front of her. She felt like kicking herself. The Mountain might be hard to read, but it was unlikely that recalling one's Durance was without unpleasntry. She bowed her head, ashamed, "S-sorry G-Green. D-didn't m-mean to br-rise up b-bad mem-memories like that. W-was interest in f-fire or-or water-ice for proto-tective p-parts g-given Hold's current foe. N-not sure us-us-utility or b-best match, heh-heh. B-but I v-very s-sorry t-that I n-not think o-of memories...if-if w-want I can, can uh..."

Well she wanted to learn so opting out wouldn't do. Comfort maybe? Seemed appropriate to offer it anyway, "heh-heh, I can offer h-hug?"

If the presence of an "element" was needed then water was right out. Utilities had been off for a long time and the roof didn't leak.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Who said they were bad. Those one's are kinda... fun..." A rarely heard tone crept unheeded into the mountain's voice.

The offer of a hug received a perplexed - stonewalled - look.

"Yeah. I think you gotta expose yourself to it. Or... talk with it...? Then you make pact with it. Pledge, like, yeah? That'll get you a blessing of protection. Well... it did for me. You know - it won't exactly harm you. I sorta built on that - just don't ask me how - so I can, like, bring it out of the ground like armour. Or something. I haven't used it in ages."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread