Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Asylum

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa walked past the doorman and wove his way through the bodies. He paused to look at a pair of suspended figures and scanned the fetish club with a clinical eye. In the past year he had shed the displaced feeling of wearing a well-cut suit and tie to this den of inequity, and he was somewhat curious to see how his Seneschal and Reeve reacted to it.

With a moment's concentration, he dismissed the Mask so they could find him at the bar.

[banner]asa[/banner]
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

After some time's passed Arnold screeches to a halt in the parking lot of the Asylum. He hops out of his truck and strides through the door, just barely halting at completely ignoring the Kine doorman.

Once inside he quickly picks out Prince Clarke at the bar. Walking over he notes that his Majesty was dressed somewhat more casually tonight. If Arnold felt out of place in the fetish club, though, in his somewhat dirty brown coat and fedora, it didn't show in his words or actions.

"I'm sorry I was delayed, Prince Clarke. There was an incident at the Sanctum's church." Arnold says, using the Prince's title rather than his first name - likely a result of his stress from being late.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff arrives within minutes of the Reeve, what with taking a few minutes in his back seat of his sedan to change into the spare clothes he keeps in the trunk, a must for philandering husbands on the go. His drab grey blazer, white pants, and grey slacks mark him as an unremarkable, utterly forgettable non-person, which suits him fine. He enters the Asylum and notes the Reeve and Prince already in conversation. Months ago, he'd have stood and waited meekly to be called, but times have changed. The Seneschal walks up to them, not confidently, that's not Heathcliff, but not NOT confidently, either.

"Good evening, sir. I apologize for our lateness. I trust Mr. Culler is telling you the cause?"

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"He was," Asa replied, and leading them to one of the private rooms. It's what one would expect: rings on the walls and ceilings, various bondage paraphernalia, and generally a room made for entertainments. On the other hand, it's also quite apparent from the carpet and leather covered padding that it's made to contain sound.

Asa skipped the pleasantries and got straight to the point.

"It's been a month since Court... longer since O-Yama disappeared and we were attacked by the Lost Nights plague. In light of some new information," he glances at Arnold, "I want to know what's been done, and being done about this."

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Arnold looks at Asa, then at Heathcliff, then back to Asa. Didn't the Prince know about how his investigations were going? After all, he had been present during many of his revelations with Ishani.

"Your Majesty," he begins "Significant links have been discovered between the abduction of O-Yama and the Lost Nights. I found a small, strange projectile in O-Yama's vehicle and have been getting it analyzed in all the ways I can. The Harpy's abilities with Auspex, as well as the Hierophant's knowledge of the Occult, and her affinity for blood magic, have provided visions, and interpretations thereof, that show that we are dealing with an enemy that is scientifically sophisticated and mystically bent, infusing science and technology with magical ritual and, perhaps, human sacrifice - that being particularly alarming, because it would show that these Kine are willing to risk the lives of their own kind to destroy ours."

"Currently the item is in the possession of Dr. Lazarus, who is being assisted by Myrah Wells in determining more about the scientific aspects of the object and any residue inside it. I believe that if we can find out enough about this object we may be able to trace it back to its creators, hopefully finding our missing O-Yama as well as discovering the true face behind the Lost Nights."

"I suspect human Hunters to be the primary culprit, but I am considering the possibility that we may also be dealing with a wizard. Perhaps an entire coven of them."

"Unfortunately, your Majesty, I only have more bad news to report. It would seem that the Lancea Sanctum's church was burnt down tonight, and one of its Inquisitors killed. It appears to be the work of Seven."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"So nothing more has been discovered since we last spoke?" Asa asked. "What of these Archer and Winslow names? Why were you at the Sanctified's church? These are your priorities, and the Lancea et Sanctum are not. A VII or cell of VII poses a far smaller threat than a group which destroyed most of us, and is currently studying several of our own to no doubt make a more effective attack. You have a Deputy -- deputize another if you must. Deputize the entire city -- but I want this Lost Nights business finished." He paused, then added, "There's a neonate, Markos... Deputize him. That one seems to have a quick, curious mind."

VII. So when it rains... it pours.

Asa shook his head slightly, letting his irritation show. "You," he turned to Heathcliff, "Need to assist the Reeve in coordinating his efforts and his manpower. Prioritize."

"It's been months since we were attacked and Hatori taken. Months! All you have to show for it is a dart Hatori was shot with and that sinister scientist sorcerers are behind it? Have either of you checked with Public Works for truck permits or anything relating to the dispersal method? Security cameras? Toxicology experts who may have assisted in the development of the poison?" Asa enumerated the questions calmly, but there was definitely a hint of accusation.

"Let me be clear. I don't care if every church in the city burns to the ground. Right now, I have to assume we're racing against the clock to prevent another city-wide attack. Get your heads in the game, and focus on priorities. Do you understand?" Asa asked, looking at both men. "There is nothing else."

The Seneschal, duly chastised for not taking initiative in this matter, stands straighter, with purpose, and looks straight ahead. "Yes, sir, I understand. It is my first priority. Is there anything else you require, sir, or shall we leave to act on your word this very minute?"

Arnold barely keeps from gritting his teeth. He's angry. Not at the Prince for chastising him, but at himself for having fallen short of his duties. He had been allowing himself to get preoccupied, the recent changes to the Invictus. That tattooed Daeva he'd met on the Bloodhunt. His own personal gains in capital. He had been so eager to fall back into the well-to-do Kindred lifestyle he had enjoyed for so many years that he had committed what, to Arnold, was nigh unforgivable. He had shirked his responsibilities.

It was similar distractions that had allowed the Carthians to tip their hand against me years ago...

As he's being reprimanded he stares straight ahead, past the Prince. When he responds, his voice comes back completely even. Without the slightest shred of evident emotion.

"I understand, your Majesty. I realize very well the importance of the situation and I will not allow myself to be distracted again. I will make the Lost Nights and O-Yama's recovery my sole priority, and create Deputies to oversee the city major."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa nodded, satisfied, but continued. "Even beyond the Lost Nights, this is a test for this Regency. Other eyes watch the city, aware of what befell us. Eyes within the city watch as well. They all watch to judge us, our competence, our strength. It is a rare Prince who is overthrown who's trusted officials do not meet similar fates."

Asa took a moment to look at each man. "And that is what you are. Trusted. I place my faith and my Regency in each of your hands, despite both of you being new to the positions... just as I am. We are all three of us learning, and we will all make mistakes. I wouldn't ask it of either of you if I didn't believe you both capable."

He walked to the door and opened it. "Business now, yes?"

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

"Of course, sir." Heathcliff walks out the door, confident from the Reeve's response that he was right behind. They had much to discuss between them. What the Prince had said was true...taking this position put his Requiem at risk, but so did being an expendable criminal. They must not fail this task. They must bring O-Yama back, and the hunters down. It's a matter of survival.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread