Ended
Watch

Guardians of the Comic Shop

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    E
    Ermac

Eric gradually made his way to The Empire's Comic Vault. He had stumbled across it online. Why not. Pepper was a comic fan too, perhaps he might run into her there.

He showed up after work, t-shirt and jeans. Ermac wandered aisles, perusing the graphic novels. An occasional smile would rise up as he came across old titles from his youth. Some where faded in time but others remained almost crystal clear.

The Obrimos gravitated toward the Marvel section. DC had decent comics, he wouldn't deny that. Marvel just had better stories in general. It showed too, with the success of the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.

He had a running bet at the office that the movies were ultimately going to coincide with the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. Evidence was present in all the films. If one knew what to look for, they'd believe the same thing.

Spells

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Oh yeah, Pepper was totally at the shop, and already browsing through some of the newer Issues. There was no keeping her away from comics for long. She'd just come in from her own work, though her outfit wasn't one of her usual suits. She'd mostly had back office things to worry about, and hadn't bothered too much with making impressions, besides, she was going to meet Mace here before dinner.

Oooh, She-Hulk. Pepper lifted the new issue off the shelf and stood, then double took. "Eric, hey! I see you found your way to the best shop in town. How are you?"

E
    Ermac

Eric was clutching a copy of the Infinity Gauntlet saga, when he heard his name being called. He looked up, "Oh hi Pepper!" a smile appeared. "Good to see you." He set the comic back down onto the rack and approached. "How've you been?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace headed into the comic shop, late as usual. It was getting to be a habit with her. However, when she got there she got a surprise. Her sister was talking to someone else. Given what happened the last time the two had met another person in the comic shop, she felt it was best to join them, and see what was going on. She slipped up next to Pepper. "Hey Pepper," she said, using her twin's public name. "Who's your friend?" She held out her hand to the unfamiliar person. "Mace," she said.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"I've been good! Busy though, especially with that project The Big Boss volunteered people for." Pepper scrunched up her face briefly, then let it fall into a relaxed smile when she heard her sister's voice.

"Hey, yeah, This is Eric - Eric, this is my Twin, Mace. I met him at the Rage" She paused, then, for the sake of small talk, "How have you been? Banner still calling you everyday with problems?"

E
    Ermac

"The Big Boss" could be reference to Aquinas. Or her actual boss's boss. Pepper's twin really didn't resemble a twin in any manner he was aware of. It was a trivial matter.

"Pleased to meet you Mace," he shook her hand. Looking between the sisters with a smile. "Pepper and Mace, now that's clever." With a wave of his hand he quickly moved on, "I'm sure you get tired old jokes about that all the time though."

More interesting topics were on the table, "Oh yea...Banner had a bit of a conniption not too long ago." That was one frightening discovery. He couldn't necessarily reveal what he had uncovered. The gist of it was still entertaining. "The idiot somehow bluescreened his machine. Almost blew out my eardrum as he wailed like a banshee through the phone. By the time I got to his cubicle, he ripped all the wires off the machine. Took me forever to figure out what the hell the man did."

m
    magiuspendragon

"Nice to meet you," Mace said with a smile. She'd connected the name Eric to one of the people her sister had talked about before. No wonder they seemed chummy. "Tired old jokes are there, sure. But if you've got new creative ones, then you'll win major brownie points."

She winced as he told his story. "God save us from the older generation," she deadpanned. "They always make more problems before they ask for help." She laughed. "I take it you managed to put humpty dumpty back together then?" She had a sudden hope that she wasn't stepping in it, trying to pretend she knew what was going on. If she was wrong, she was going to feel pretty foolish.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"It's cool if you don't have anything new; we new what we were getting into with name slections. Well, Mace did, it was kind of her idea, after I chose Pepper. I'm still really glad you didn't go for Salt? Because you sooo aren't salt. Maybe Sugar, but that's way too complex to explain." Mace, for all that she was pale, was still biracial. Crazy, how fraternal twins worked sometimes.

"Wow, geezum fucks. That sounds distinctly not fun. Hulk is actually smashing, and that's not fun."

E
    Ermac

Eric nodded to Mace, "Humpty dumpty's hard drive was an easy fix." Then to Pepper, "Yea, Hulk damn near smashed the machine...then my office door because he was growing impatient. The guy's a real loon." He rolled his eyes at how silly John was. "But things are improving. Hulk's went too far this time. HR's moving in on him." Ermac shrugged. It was all true - excluding the part where he was the one to actively bring their attention to it.

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

"Dang, that sounds unpleasant." Pepper shook her head sympathetically, then nodded to the shelf where he'd just put something back. "So, what are you looking into today?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.