Ended
Watch

(1408) Summer 2014

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    B
    Beej

The door to the lower lounge is unlocked. It's weight is obvious when you pulled it open. As you walk Down the stairs, the faint music that is audible from the main lounge gives way to a soundtrack from below. One can hazard a guess at the owner's tastes.

Unlike most nights, the lower lounge smells of Korean bbq. On several tables are boxes labeled TAKO crammed full of tacos. On boxes words like tofu, chicken, short rib and marinated steak are written. There is a single box with a few rice bowls and salads, on the off chance someone had succumbed to the Lie and did not like tacos.

Vincent stands at the bar nodding his head and waggling a pen to the tunes as he leafs through a clipboard. He periodically glances at the ipad next to him. Tonight Vincent has forgone the eye-patch, favoring the opaque prosthetic and dressed in a green flannel kilt and a black t-shirt.

spells

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley appears.

Just like that! He is framed on the threshold... and then he is through, effortless slipping through the portal microseconds before the door closes after another satisfied customer. So in-synch is he with the rhythm and the timed beat of the music, it is almost as if he danced... or pranced... across the intervening space.

This is Crowley with his customary Temporal Eddies up: the Imago fits him like a glove and sings to his soul even as he is acutely aware of the sands of time, washing his physical body away. To complement the Sight, he has woven a protective cloak of Time about himself. Today, the Herald tracks in the rumpled wake others leave behind in the fourth dimension. In no Time at all, he is at the bar.

"You built it. They will come."

He timed his introduction perfectly - how could he not? - to the break between songs. Propping an elbow on the bar, he hung his sunnies on the collar of his customary dark T. Another spite filled picture splashed on his chest; another hard metal band on tour from three seasons ago. Chains jingled as they hung suspended from his belt and jean pockets.

Temporal Eddies, cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-20 05:26:17 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 1, 8, 9, 10, 3 3 successes

Temporal Dodge, cast at home
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-20 05:25:46 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 8 1 success

Cracking a grin, the Herald waited for the Syndic to respond.

Fluke returned to the Byzantine, having been told that a meeting of the Assembly would take place there during his last visit to the establishment. He was wearing a pair of worn out jeans and a simple grey tee without any flair or fancy designs. As usual, he carried his messenger bag with him, slung over one shoulder as he walked into the place. Since this was not his first visit to the Byzantine, the Acanthus still recalled his way around from the tour Vincent had given him.

As he walked towards the lower lounge he picked up on the music playing below. A smirk formed on the corner of his lips; a clear sign of approval. Once he reached the bottom of the stairs, the smell of Korean BBQ filled his nostrils and made his mouth water a little bit. After all, it had been some time since he had enjoyed a good meal. Good music? Check. Good food? Check. Good booze? Fluke caught a glimpse of Vincent by the bar, his smirk widening into a full blown smile.

Check!

He noticed the other guy in attendance, someone who he had not met before but was likely a Libertine if he had shown up that evening. "Hey fellas," he called out, offering a nonchalant wave in their direction. "Sounds like we are gearing up for quite the party, huh?" Fluke offered the Syndic a quick wink after saying those words. "I'm digging the tunes by the way," he added after a brief pause.

The Acanthus turned to the man he did not know, offering him a pleasant smile. "Hey man, I'm Fluke," he said in greeting, extending his hand out to the guy. "Or Luke when we are out in public."

magicz!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-20 08:50:40 Fluke rolls 7 to Improv Cast: The Sybil's Sight (Gnosis+Fate+HS) (10 Again) 7, 9, 4, 4, 5, 8, 8 3 successes
    2014-08-20 08:50:23 Fluke rolls 8 to Improv Cast: Temporal Dodge (Gnosis+Time+HS) (10 Again) 10, 3, 3, 3, 7, 3, 6, 4, 7 1 success

F
    FrereSebastian

Crank comes back to the Byzantine. The club seemed to be in sway, but he was here for Free Council business. He was wearing a black button down shirt, a pair of dark denim jeans, slicked back hair and black shoes. Before he enters the club, he takes a look around him, his knowledge of space allowing him to do so without even moving his head. You were never too careful, especially with all of this talk about Banishers around the city. He made his way down to the meeting place, the last trip to the Byz still fresh on his mind.

He starts to add a little groove to his step as he walks in, most notably to Spirit in the Sky. The acrid odor of Korean BBQ touched his nose. He wasn't a huge fan, but when was the last time a Libertine turned down a free meal? Before he got to chow down, he decided to play the good guest. He notices Reverb at the bar, surrounded by Fluke and some other tattooed man.

"Que Pasa?" He offers a head tilt to both Reverb and Fluke. The other guy gets a head tilt and an eyebrow raise.

F
    FrereSebastian

Forgot Crank's spells

5 sux Omnivision and 2 sux Unseens Aegis
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-20 10:34:37 Crank rolls 5 to Improv Cast Omnivision (Gnosis+Space+HS) (10 Again) 10, 10, 4, 2, 10, 9, 10, 1, 3 5 successes
    2014-08-20 10:34:02 Crank rolls 7 to Improv Cast Unseen Aegis (Gnosis+Matter+HS) (10 Again) 6, 6, 1, 10, 2, 9, 3, 5 2 successes

E
    Ermac

Dressed well enough, the Obrimos walked into the Byzantine. He'd been there before so he knew where to go.

This is it, our first meet up. Hopefully we can get things on track.
    His thoughts drifted to the Duel and other information he had heard. There was still so much he did not yet fully understand. As he entered the room, he was briefly distracted. Korean BBQ? Hey he wouldn't turn that down. The tribute to the summer blockbuster, Guardians of the Galaxy, was a nice touch.

Reverb, he recognized before, a fellow Obrimos. Crowley, one of the new Heralds. "Hey Reverb, Crowley good to see you." The others, no idea. "Hey I'm Ermac. Nice to meet you."

Sorcery Abounds!

B
    Beej

"And tax it." Vincent adds to Crowley's Field of Dreams moment without missing a beat. "No trumpet and livery this evening?" he grins at the new herald as he puts the clipboard down and turns off the ipad.

"Hey Fluke." he waves to the Acanthus in return. "Thanks. I've seen the movie twice already and I can't get the soundtrack out of my head." If automatic plasma rifle totting rodents were part of the Lie, call me Mr. Zzzzs.

Crank rolls in and if Vincent had to guess, approved of the tunes too. "Hey Crank." And then Ermac appeared. Did not know he was FC..hmmm. "Hey man. What can I get you gentlemen to drink?" He looked between the three mages.

Let'm get a few beers down and some grub before we drop the business. It'll help even people out.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Oh all that stuff's at the dry cleaners. And getting patched up. You know how it is... stuck in a trunk for years on end, yeah?" Crowley flashed a grin, spoke with good humour.

And then came the introductions...

"Hey, man. Crowley. Herald and card carrier." He dropped his name as often as it was needed; shook hands (@Fluke); nodded respectfully (@Crank). To Ermac he offered a little more: "And you. Yeah... saw you at the Duel."

Back to Reverb. "Drink? Hell yeah. Got a good brew back there." The errant rocker eyed the beers with undisguised fascination.

9. Likes Jag liked this post

"Its a hell of a movie," said Fluke in response to Vincent. "And a hell of a soundtrack." His smile widened after saying those words. "Herald? Well, its nice to meet ya Crowley," he said, shaking the man's hand. Huh. Things are definitely different here, with a Libertine being a Herald and all, he thought to himself as he let go of Crowley's hand. Its good news.

As Crank showed up, the Acanthus turned to his old friend and offered him a friendly smile. "Heeeey amigo, what's going on?" he said in greeting to the Moros, still a little shocked that he had ended up in the same city as him. It's gotta be Fate, that's all there is to it, he thought to himself as he turned his attention to the other guy who had just arrived. "Ermac?" he said to the geeky-looking guy, offering him a pleasant smile. "I'm Fluke, and its a pleasure to meet you as well." He extended his hand out to him after saying those words.

"What do you have on tap?" he asked of Reverb, as the Obrimos had posed the question about beverages.

L
    LittleFox

Mae bounded into the main club area, shimmied her way across the dance floor without thinking twice about who shifted away from her, and pushed through the Employees Only door in less than a minute. She grinned back over her shoulder, waving a little friendly wave to whoever was still watching her, and turned to follow the hallway on down to the private lounge area that Vincent had shown her a few nights before. She bounced along, giggling softly as she heard the choice in music. Yeah... I can dig it. Betcha mom would like this, too. Need to go back home soon... Check on all them. She smiled, remembering dancing around with the folks back home, before pushing the Private Lounge door open dramatically, smiling down the stairs with a resounding, "Found it! I don't suck!" Before realizing with wide eyed recognition that Fluke and Crank were down there.

She rushed down the stairs, almost tripping over her own feet as she barely contained a scream as she threw herself at them both, full force. No way nowaynowaynowaaaaay!

"Oh my goodness! You GUYS! I thought I'd never see you again! Holy CRAP! I KNEW IT! I just knew I didn't randomly come here!" Tears well in her eyes as she embraces Fluke, then Crank, staring into their faces with what could only be described at pure, unadulterated joy.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.