Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 24
DISPLAYED
Meeting the Regent

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika waited patiently for Chris to finish speaking. In her experience, of no small amount, it was the most efficient. Interjections led to tangents, and tangents led to her word being delayed.

"Of course you can."

Did he presume that this meeting, and it's resolution, were simply because he was pretty? She considered it a foregone conclusion that all of his abilities would be applied to the task she had set him too. She would be a poor scholar indeed, to assume a Shadow Hierophant lacked such.

Or he would be a poor example of a Shadow Hierophant.

A slight nod of acknowledgment was added as she considered his previous words. Such a thing was useful, sometimes crucial, and foresight could make all the difference.

"If you observe me touch my hair, in any way, this will be a sign that I wish to speak with you."

Emerald green eyes scanned the Oath, and accepted it. After a few moments, it was apparent she was not going to speak again.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Yes, a Shadow Hierophant he is, but still one very much impressed by the other Shadow. He nods, not entirely sure what Erika knows and what not, but it's not like his devotion is a very rare or hard one to learn.

Then her hair. Definitely part of what makes the Regent a wonderful woman to see. Not that Chris would give in to such thoughts or feelings, that could be dangerous around adept users of Auspex.

'Very well.' An easy sign. Chris thinks for a moment that he also needs a sign for when he wants to speak with her. But then he realizes there probably won't be an occasion where he has business important enough that she would let him in her mind. And he can always touch his own hair, in some way.

As it appears they're done, he looks at his watch. It's been slightly longer than 15 minutes.

'I better get started soon, then. Shall I inform at least the Seneschal, so that Prince Clarke and perhaps the Reeve know of my position? Without telling them why, of course.' He doesn't want to break the oath within 24 hours. He's just not sure if he can actually publicly be a Hound? People can know about it, without him "merely strutting around the Domain waving a title". Or not?
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Presence
    (Occam's Razor)
    Striking Looks
    (Red Hair, Green Eyes)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Erika Brady

PRE

Erika's unblinking eyes remain fixed on Chris; unlike him, she has no need to look at a watch to know he's over-spent. If she's relieved that she doesn't have to waste time explaining why he doesn't need a signal, she conceals it well.

The other? She doesn't. She blinks.

"I am a landholder, Mr. Wooding. My affairs are my own. If you feel the need to beat your chest and crow of your appointment, then by all means, do so -- but know that you do it for yourself and not on my behalf."

Really, the absurdity.

As if she needed permission. Green eyes studied her cousin one last time before she stood. It was a shame she had no interest in his other, obvious charms. Then, at least, she might find him useful. As things stood, his naivete suggested he would last no longer, or be of any more value, than his two predecessors.

"Good evening."

4. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris nearly cringes - Erika's opinion is quite clear - but then he bows his head. Right now, it feels like he should make this task the top priority of his Requiem, before she ends it.

How nice would it be to have such a lasting impression on people.

'Good evening. Thank you, Regent.'

Then he turns around to leave campus at a quick pace. As the distance between him and the Elder Shadow increases, the confidence he had before slowly returns. He has accomplished something.

And he will be celebrating that, all on his own, in the center of Citrus Heights.

End Scene
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

6. Likes West liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread