Trimming the Excess

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Psychangel

At the appointed time and place Michael waits for Emma to arrive. The Deputy is in his work clothes now: a heavy leather jacket, athletic shoes on his feet and a set of lockpicks in his inner pocket. With him he has a huge Samsonite case: at least 15 gallons of capacity and really hard to break. Good thing it has wheels.

As the clock ticks closer to the other Deputy's arrival, Michael uses the time to think of exactly that. Time. And how people choose to invest it. He chose to busy himself with ensuring his survival and capability to act: to be able to inflict Change and live to tell the tale. Other Kindred have chosen a different path, some more foolish than others.

Time passes in quiet contemplation.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

2. Likes Brownlee liked this post

Emma French

PRE

Emma pushed a lighter into her pocket. She was wearing black jeans, black boots, a black tank top, and a black hoody. She had her hair in a pony tail. She really wasn't sure what to bring but figured black ops dress would be best. She giggled as she stuck a tube of red lipstick in her pocket, just in case she needed to tart it up. When she arrived at the location she began to hum "You're the one that I want" as she envisioned her self as Sandy from Grease. "Hey there handsome." She said when she saw Michael.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Activating Vigor, -1 Vitae

Michael is quite happy to see Emma: frankly, it is his first job of this kind and going in without backup would suck so much... Plus, it's Emma. The quiet one who has been around forever and helped the Domain quite a few times. He has known she is capable from that very first Gangrel meeting when she shoved his ass into a wall for being late. So she is greeted with a smile:

"Flirting so early in the night? Maybe we should go out for a meal some time together", - his face turns more serious when he starts to wheel his case forward.

It is slow at first as the thing weighs a lot. Thankfully, the blood pumped into his muscles helps:

"It's just a short walk from here. The deal is rather simple, actually. The member of our club by the name of Thomas Galilei has been taking advantage of Mr. Clarke's hospitality", - he looks at Emma, wondering if she picked up on it during her patrols, - "Dillon noticed it a while back that the guy has two places of residence without the appropriate permissions. We delayed as much as we could in case he was just waiting for his rights to come in".

He exhales: here comes the unpleasant part:

"He didn't. The law is clear: the second place of residence needs to be torched. Another one of the club is staying here and I'm going to give them a chance to do it themselves, if they resist, we do what's necessary".

They arrive at the doors to a small rundown church.

"Ready?"
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

5. Likes West liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

ST roll
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Emma French

PRE

"Wait, what's the name of the other guy staying here?" Emma just realized she may know more about what was going on then she thought she did. This was the church where she just met with Mr. Travis. Damn this was a small town.

8. Likes West liked this post

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael lowers the hand with which he was about to knock. Damn, there is always something else:

"Michael Travis, seems like a nice enough guy. He actually admitted staying with Mr. Galilei at this church. As far as I know, he doesn't have the rights either and he moved in after Mr. Galilei acquired the second housing",- Michael looks at Emma wondering just what might be in play that would change things, - "Why, is there something I don't know?"

After all, he would prefer not to burn down the place and possibly make two enemies for no reason. And that is the best scenario possible.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Emma French

PRE

Damn it! If she had known when she was having a conversation with Mr. Travis she would have explained to him... Oh well. They can explain now. "I just had a meeting with Mr. Travis. He was looking for work and I am helping him with my university connections. Anyway, I don't think he is permanently staying here and mostly using it as meeting space." There was something else which worried her. "He also has guns. I'm not sure how many or what kinds. I just know he had one holstered the other day. He hasn't been threatening with them or anything. But I get the feeling he really lacks trust and may get nervous. Just a feeling. So maybe I should lead in?" Hopefully they could help relocate him. "Maybe I can call the University and see if they can give him some space temporarily? The Psychopathology lab is in the basement and has a small room where they sometimes let out of country residents stay for a few weeks." Emma couldn't remember off the top of her head which regency the University was in or who they needed permission from. Stupid memory.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael considers her request for a few seconds before nodding:

"He is not the one at fault here, Mr. Galilei is. If you help him get a temporary place, it shouldn't reflect badly on the office", - her concern gets a reassuring smile from the other Deputy, - "I don't plan on making this a bigger deal than it is: they both seem like decent guys. Just be ready in case they don't cooperate".

With that, Michael lets go of the handle of his gigantic case and knocks on the door.

Brownlee , Travisc06489 you are up.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

PRE

Michael is busy tidying up the little office that Thomas had afforded him when he hears what sounds like a knock. Curious. Maybe it was one of Thomas' acquaintances - or a threat. Michael would rather play it safe, which, in his case, means being prepared for anything. He checks his gun and chambers a round before holstering it on his side holster, below his ribs. He was wearing a white dress shirt, with the black strapping making a 'Y' shape on the opposite side to the gun. He considers throwing on the jacket he was panning to wear, but decides the open warning might be appropriate. He pokes his head outside the door to the office, scanning for Thomas. Not immediately seeing him, he calls out.

"I've got it." Michael said it loud enough for Thomas to hear - loud enough for whoever was outside to hear. The phrase seems cliche to him, like some stereotypical transition to a new scene in a movie. Michael shakes off the thought. Focus. If there was some kind of threat, Michael would not hesitate. He sharpens his senses through the powers of his clan and approaches the large door to the church. He appears calm, but he is ready to spring into action at a second's notice. He supposes he should ask who it is before opening the door. So he does.

"Who's there?" he says, this time only just loudly enough to be heard on the other side. Michael again finds that his words seem like they belonged in some poorly written script. I rather hope I won't have to do any talking at all. He smiles for a moment at the thought; he might have the chance to prove himself in a conflict. He listens for a response - his enhanced hearing probing for anything that might give him warning. Maybe tonight 'Erim', the Soldier of Abgal, would indeed be a soldier.

Thomas Galilei

Blood Potency: O O
    Presence: O O O (Dignified)
    O Status: Lancea Sanctum
    O Status: Domain
    O Status: Ventrue
    OO Distinctive Voice: Quiet Certainty

PRE

Thomas, who had been in prayer, rises and hurries to the door at the sound of his name.

He sees Erim in the hallway, greets him with a smile, and the shrugs, as if to say, "Not expecting anyone." Maybe someone had gotten wrong information about confession? Regardless, he isn't about to turn anyone away from his church, for any reason.

He grips the handle and then opens the door, smiling.

The smile slips at the meeting of Beasts, two--come to his house. He squeezes the edge of the door as thoughts of rage drag their claws across the chalkboard of his comportment. Dissect. Disembowel. Devour. Lick their blood from your fingers in red ecstasy. He manages to keep some semblance of a smile, setting his jaw against the cries of instinct.

Sees Case
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-10-16 15:45:28 Thomas Galilei rolls 5 to Perceive Case: 2 (WITS) + 3 (INT) = 5 DP (10 Again) 8, 4, 7, 6, 1 1 success

That is, until he sees the huge container at the Deputy's feet. The smile drops. His jaw sets. Redfill had brought another, a woman he didn't know. Thomas doubts that either has come for confession . . .

"Good evening," Thomas says. It's more a question than a greeting.
    =====================
    Active Effects: Blush; Kamen: Tatemae (Perfect Calm)

Scenes

=====================

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread