Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Coffee Date

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Bold as brass. I like it," Terri said, grinning. She had no worries about sneaking in. Squirrels and wooded areas were a natural fit. "And I agree, our aim isn't to ruin the wedding. The bride and groom are not collateral damage but I do have one last question before we prepare."

Again, the Beast looked towards Mirabelle, still smiling, still friendly.

"Why you? Why do you deserve Damien? I understand what you've lost but we are going to be possibly ruining one woman's love live so I would like to hear why you should get the boy."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Oh. So no big problems. Just minor things. I'll admit, there goes half my ideas. But I think there's still plenty of room to work with. As for sneaking in, I like it. Who needs invitations? Show up in the right attire and nobody should give us a second glance. Just need to time it right." Tessa was disappointed to find some of her plans would be too outrageous. No 'accidentally' spilling drink on to the wedding dress and no taking chunks from the wedding cake, those things could take some time. But it didn't have to be big. A bunch of small stuff together broke the record... wait, was that right?

When Tessa first heard about looking at dreams, she dismissed it as somewhere between wishful thinking and a joke. Surely you could actually see another's dreams, that was impossible. But then Terri shot it down, but the way she talked of it was like they didn't have the time, not like it was impossible. Was she wrong? She pursed her lips and made a mental note to ask about it later. Right now she didn't want to make a fool of herself since everyone else seemed nonchalant about it.

As Terri asked her question, the ferret 'Ling listened closely for the answer. This was a very important question, one that had bothered her but that she hadn't voiced. This was very pertinent info.

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar continued to listen as the others spoke, nodding his head in response to Sam's words. "Masquerading as a member of the waiting staff is not a bad idea," he said in response to the other Darkling. He wasn't keen on the idea of wearing a suit after all, so if he could arrange to be dressed in something more casual and more comfortable, he would do so. Besides, it would be easier to pretend to be a bartender or someone else working at the event. No one asked bartenders for invitations, right? And he would certainly avoid having to make up an elaborate story about being a distant cousin of the groom or bride.

"Do we know what the staff will be wearing?" he asked, figuring that Mirabelle would likely have this information. The woman had done a good bit of espionage already, so she would probably have this information as well. When Terri asked the question he was certain was in all of their minds, Degnar turned his attention towards the former Dread Lady and Mirabelle, awaiting for an answer.

Terri's question, friendly and apt though it was, stunned the foreign changeling, her face freezing with lips half parted. Certainly, iterations of the question had surface in one form another in their conversation already, but hearing it asked again was like having a sea mine go off after one thought themselves to have sailed through treacherous waters and into calm seas. The question, no matter the tone it was asked in, was not a casual one.

Their help had not truly been promised, not yet, and the possibility of facing her fate alone was too despairing to think of.

"They'll be all in black. Pants, shirt, tie, shoes, all black. Almost as if they're Kiwis," she finally said, breaking out of her silence with the comfort of a safer topic. Not that she could ignore the question, but it's weight was lessened by pretending that it was secondary to the topic of the plan.

She cleared her throat and rubbed at her ear again before finally answering Terri's question. "Because...because he should be mine, and I should be his. What we had before--this--was perfect and true. He was the only person I cared about, I needed him, and I knew that he needed me, too. But, then something took my place, and it broke his heart, enough that some cold hearted, thin lipped, tiramisu gorging, wine guzzling, paper pushing, pet killing, stone hearted bitch like Lucy could trap him. We both came from--difficult--homes, but because we had each other we were able to do more than survive. Just like the memory of him helped me survive being over there. I...I can't live without him. He was what I came back for. You must understand," she pleaded, desperation shining wetly in her dark, liquored eyes.

Her story was not a new one, nor would it become an old one, not as long as humans searched for meaning in the connections they made with others, but none of this matters to Mirabelle. To her, it is truth. Whether it is truth for others...

5. Likes Origins, Forn Clakes, Jag liked this post

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

I wonder what Lucy's tolerance for alcohol is and if it's high, might it be a good idea to slip in a drug to aid in her embracing herself at the reception. Tally mentally wonders before she becomes curious if Lucy killed someone's pet or if their client is over exaggerating minor details into huge ones to make Lucy look worse. "While I may not have much of an idea of how to get into the place, I kind of have a few ideas of what we could try to do to when we're in."

"My first thought has to do with putting a minor drug into her drink to aid in lowering her... well... emotional state. I also can't help but wonder if we can't steal the engagement ring as that would be a symbol of commitment between the pair." She informs the others of what she kind of came up with. I wonder if Mirabelle's Mask is what she looked like before she left? I wonder how drunk we can get him until he is reminiscing of old times with Mirabelle and bringing up the earlier memories of their relationship?

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The passion that Mirabelle was expressing, had expressed, was all Terri wanted to hear and when the Masked changeling finished, the Beast nodded. Moving her hands, Terri took hold of Mirabelle's. "I have known love, and loss. I wouldn't wish it on anyone," she said, her tone compassionate and honest. "We will get your man back, Mirabelle."

Releasing her hands, Terri looked at Tally. "The ring may help, definitely, but until we're at the reception we won't be able to make any solid plan. Thinking on our feet, so to speak."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Well that was a load to do in...three...days. One could easily imagine a lightbulb going off above Morgan's head, her expression would have been perfect for it. Which made the facepalm a little surprising, "Fuk-itty-fuck-three-days n-not four, stupid-calendar-need-I-do, gah."

She looks guiltily around the the table, then sighs loudly. "I, uh, m-may-probably-will have to b-b-b-back out of the w-wedding crash part in th-three days. I-I have, uh, club business s-scheduled already, heh-heh. A pl-plot-meets aaaaround dealing with planning for, uh, Fair Weather," she hunkers down and whispers so that her voice doesn't carry past the table, "I am really sorry guys. B-but I already promised to help with a project-to that day," she turns to Mirabelle and keeps her voice low, "I am sorry b-b-but I'd pr-rob-odably screw-expose things as-as Iz start talking if w-went. N-n-adda good rat-tat people, heh."

Leaning back she spoke more loudly, "But I am g-good to helps with anything tommorrow, heh. J-just giv-gives me calls, heh. Be-be-be glad to do the set-pup-prelation--erm, logistics, he-heh."

She looks back over at Tally, "St-still okay-yay for requ-shopping wid you. Um, not comfort shopping fo-for d-drugs though," she looks around the table and feels quite...awkward about this scheduling error. Still, the Freehold she was sworn to had to come before an outsider's love life.

"Um...I-I maybe-should goes? J-j-just gives a call, any-ones, when-if-when wants help w-with logic-mi-istics, heh."

ooc: sorry guys T_T. Morgan is getting recruited into working on another plot. And this was supposed to have a 5 limit originally anyway So...Morgan leaves the scene.

E
    ErlangShen

Sam's initial suspicions were spot on. Mirabelle was taken. Her Fetch ruined the relationship. In his grief, Damien stumbled upon a gold digger.

The Jack O'Lantern raised a brow at Tally before shaking his head. "Let's not resort to barbiturates, opiates, or any other unsavory substances." Evidence like that could lead to awful consequences. "There are other methods." Contracts were wonderful in that regard.

Morgan's stuttering exit was disappointing. Nothing he could do about it. It was a surprise to him that she even agreed to help in the first place. "Good bye Morgan. See you around."

Turning back to the others, "Well, we shall persevere."

Degnar
    Degnar

PRE

Degnar nodded at Mirabelle's words, glad to hear that the staff would be wearing all black. After all, that would make it easier to blend in and go around unnoticed. Kiwis? He definitely did not understand why the black attire had anything to do with the fruit, but the Darkling didn't bother to ask for clarification. It was likely unimportant anyway.

He raised an eyebrow at the suggestion of using drugs, unsure of how that would be of any help in their situation. Surely he could slip a drug into someone's drink if he was pretending to be a bartender, but why would they need to do such a thing. When Morgan excused herself and took off, the Tunnelgrub glanced in her direction and just shrugged to himself. Perhaps the young Beast had second thoughts about the whole thing; she did seem a little skittish after all.

"I'll pretend to be one of the staff," he finally said out loud, figuring that it would be proper to mention that since they were talking about plans and what not.

Mirabelle watched Morgan depart with stony features and the hand that had been so comfortingly held by Terri moments ago slowly curled in upon itself and disappeared beneath the table. The raccoon claimed that she had urgent business that took her away, but the timing was too convenient. Something about her answer to Terri's question must have scared the barely intelligible woman off. Well, what did it matter? Let her go. They would be better without her.

The foreign lost looked back to the others just as the sound of the Blue Note's door whispered shut, and warmth and thanks alighted back into her eyes as though ignited by a switch. "Thank you all so much for staying, and for helping. I have a lot of hope that this will work out for all of us. And, who knows? Maybe one of you will meet someone, yourselves. Weddings can be strange, confusing, and magical times. Evocative of so many things. With one of us among the staff, and the rest of us working elsewhere I'm sure we'll be able to come up with a plan. And, while I think we have some good ideas tonight," she continued, nodding to Tessa ( AwakeOrangutang ), Tally, and Sam, "it sounds as though there's too many unknowns to plan today. Are we thinking of trying to improvise at the wedding?" That seemed to be what Terri was suggesting, and Degnar didn't seem too worried about their plan either way, which was oddly comforting.

12. Likes Forn Clakes, Jag liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread