Ended
Watch

House of Imagination

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    Casitive

Once upon a time, Twenty-Forty-Six was a warehouse filled to the brim with blue-collar workers, grease, and spit. Listen closely and one might still hear the drills and hammers of tools plying their trade. But, like most things, the march of time took it's payment and Twenty-Forty-Six was given new life as a house of Imagination.

Open and expansive, glass and brick commingle in an intentionally uneasy pairing. Cement floors give off a glossy sheen and the stain treatment beneath are in colors of varying shades of browns, deep greens, and burnt-sienna. Large white walls are arranged all around the gallery, lit up by warm white light that hang above to show-case works from local Sacramento Artists. Wood benches remain vigilant for those who'd rather sit and stay awhile enjoying the pieces from a new perspective.

In the back, enclosed in glass, is the office space for the Gallery, including Aaren's desk. All of it bereft of her staff, having been given the night off for Aaren's private gathering. Finger-food provided by Mrs. Rosemary are arranged in unobtrusive places awaiting the Fairest's 'silent-benefactors,' the freehold, ahead of any official opening to the Public.

Aaren languidly moves through the space, a bright spot of color in an electric blue shift-dress and bright orange pumps, her hair tumbling in waves behind her; surveying the world around her in the silence before the first arrivals.

Lynn Mills

Lynn moved swiftly and silently through the crowds on her way to the gallery. She took public transportation not because it was cheap, but because it was a reason to be out and among people again. She had been gone from this world for so long, sometimes catching up and fitting in was almost more than she could manage.

She'd never get used to having a 'cell phone'.

Pulling open the door, Lynn actually blinked a bit in shock; the space certainly wasn't what she was expecting. It was..... concentrated life, was the only phrase she could think of. Stepping in, she shrugged her ever present fiddle case into a slightly more comfortable position and gazed around, her stare drinking in the expressive objects and paintings. They all had something to say, if only you stood still long enough to listen.

Feeling a presence behind her, Lynn turned and smiled at Aaren as the other woman approached.

"Searce." She nodded respectfully. "I hope I'm not intruding."

3. Likes Origins, Forn Clakes liked this post
    Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Art wasn't exactly Terri's forte. Sure, she'd learnt about fashion and then Hedgspinning in her own way but actual paint on canvas art was a little beyond the Beast. However, it didn't mean she couldn't appreciate the hard work and skill that must go into each piece. Terri used to put her all into her own talents when it came to crafting and anyone that dedicated to their craft deserved some recognition.

In a short, yellow plaid dress and pair of yellow pumps, Terri arrived at the gallery with a spring in a step, red hair tied in a conservative bun. Spotting Aaren, the Autumn Courtier gave her a wave before slowly heading to get a drink and examine some of the displays.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

C
    Casitive

A smile bursts forth when Aaren sees Lynn's approach and the Searce reaches forward taking Lynn's hands, offering a quick kiss of greeting to her fellow Spring Courtier. “Oh, no, not at all. Please be welcomed,” the Gandharva says, a heady lilt to her voice.

Mask unhardened, Aaren's golden skin gleams in the particular light of the Gallery with vibrant purple Datura and white Oleander flowers cascading through her spun locks. Golden eyes warm warm at the sight of Lynn, “Welcome to 2046. I hope you've been well? How have you been since I last saw you?

Terri's arrival isn't unnoticed and the Fairest beams a smile towards the Autumn Courtier and her arrival.

A delicate tilt of the Fairest's head turns her attention back to Lynn, “Have you met Terri? I'll introduce you in a moment if you haven't. Oh, and if you have any questions about the works I'll be happy to tell you about them.

Lynn Mills

Lynn smiled back at the Gilded Lady. "We're doing quite well actually. Starting to meet some new people, but I'd appreciate an introduction or two." She looked around again, smiling shyly as she took in the art. "All of this is yours? Please, tell us more."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

With drink in hand, Terri was slowing circulating, taking each piece at a time. When it came to her own art it was as much about feeling the creation under her fingertips, the different fabrics and ingredients coming together as one. As a Beast, her specific kith, Terri was akin to the sense of touch more than anything, the contours of a wall and the rough life of a branch.

All she wanted to do right now was to delicately run her fingers across the canvas, to feel the art with her favoured sense. It would most probably be frowned upon, so Terri refrained. It did make her smile, however.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

C
    Casitive

I only own the gallery,” Aaren explains as she shifts on her heels, soft clicks heralding her approach towards the Autumn Bishop. “The art on display is from a local artist I know, we'll be holding an official opening for him sometime soon. He likes pointing out the surreal and the gallows humor in Modern Living and Modern Pop-culture.

A bit of humor imbues her next statement, said as though Aaren is conveying a secret, “I'm just the middle-woman. Helping artists find their audience.

Aaren's liquid smile endures while welcoming the Dread Lady, “Terri? It's great to see you! Have you met Lynn?” Turning her attention back to the Nightsinger, “Lynn, this is Terri.

Lynn Mills

"Hello, Terri." Lynn smiled a little shyly and held one hand out to shake. "Lynn Mills, professional wandering fiddler. And fairly new to town."

Description

PRE

Looking around at the approaching voices, Terri smiled back to Aaren and Lynn. Her demeanour was always friendly and today was no different. The Darkling was certainly Spring, giving the feeling her slight Mantle gave off. "No, not yet," Teri replied to Aaren as she took a light grip of the offered hand, shaking it delicately. "Nice to meet you, Lynn. Terri Nutkins, not long returned myself."

Releasing the shake, Terri looked at the Fairest, grinning. "This place is awesome, Aaren! Congratulations on the opening."

C
    Casitive

Thank you!” Aaren replies to Terri, “You know, you'd never guess how many late nights it took given its stripped down look.” Vine laced gilded limbs glide to an akimbo stance, her fingers pointed outwards.

Mirth fills her golden eyes as Aaren jokes, “I think my real-estate agent thought he got the better deal.

In any case,” Aaren notes, “I'm hoping that since we have a few artists in the Freehold, I can serve as an outlet to the general public. I know Jack was interested before when I worked for the Sunhawk, I should see if she still is.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread