1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Private) Taking in the local Art

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Located one block from the California State Capital is The California Museum. A nondescript building, it is a short distance from many of Sacramento’s points of interest, which pinpoint the cities rich history.

The California Museum opened in June of 1998 through a unique partnership with the State of California as a private non-profit institution focused on California history and culture. Under the development of the Secretary of State’s office, the Museum was created to be the public showplace for contents of the California State Archives.

A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, The California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to pursue the California dream and make a mark on history.

The nondescript building hides an impressive lobby which boasts high ceilings and modern seating areas. A few pieces of modern art line the walls, leading the public to the true treasure of the museum, the art displays. And it was here that Daniella awaited the arrival of the petite Seneschal. For the evening she choose a white pair of dress pants with a white silk cami. A beige sweater was over her shoulders, and she was trying a different hair style, bangs. She had already purchased two tickets and was eager to view the exhibits.
    Chrisie
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

2. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

She arrived slightly earlier, but had struggled to make her way through the entrance. Several other eager citizens had clogged the doorway.

Martha, smiling and waving cheerily to Daniella, limps and skips her way to greet the Keeper.

Martha is neatly attired in her usual modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly...yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style...spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a short pleated black gymslip which shows her legs to mid thigh...her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each bound by a single red ribbon bow.

A swift glance reveals that most of her left leg is obviously a C-Leg prosthetic. She wears a single white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip.

She emits no Beast but and has invoked her Blush of Life.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Martha's blinking and wide eyed presence exudes sweet innocence.

"Good evening, Miss! I do hope you are well! Goodness me, how splendid you look this evening!" she smiled and seemed sincere in praise and greeting.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella returns the wave with one of her own, happy to see Martha.

“A good evening to you as well!” she exclaims with a smile. “Oh, thank you. And I must say, the glasses are very becoming.” Genuinely replied the Shadow.

“I have been looking forward to visiting this museum with you. It has defiantly been too long since we have enjoyed such an evening together.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Thank you!" she chirped and bashfully fussed with her spectacles for a moment.

"I also!" she added in reply to Daniella's enthusiasm for the gallery. "Goodness! I daresay we have a lot to see! Where... where should we start?" she asks with a giggle.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella seems to beam at Marthas enthusiasm.

She then looks to a pamphlet in her hand, “Well, lets see.” She replies, opening the paper and quickly scanning it.

“The California Hall of Fame sounds like a fascinating exhibit! I say we start there.” She suggests. If Martha agrees, she will begin to walk in the direction of the exhibit.

As she walks, she makes sure to match her pace to that of Martha, “How have you been since we last talked?”

Martha Villiers

PRE

"The Hall of Fame!" she chirps, excited, "Splendid!"

"Oh? I have been soooo busy! There's a great deal to do!"
    she smiles and is glad that Daniella is keeping a nice pace. "We've had so many new arrivals to the club!" she nodded meaningfully.

Martha paused to reflect on the promising new Kinred and then added;
    I

"I do hope you have been keeping well, too! I wonder, do you have any projects that I can help with?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“Seems Sacramento has become quite popular than!” she replies, “That is wonderful news. Though I must confess, I miss meeting and greeting new arrivals at the club with you.” The theater was a beautiful place, but it wasn’t as busy and well known as Nox.

“Have there been any I should make a note to call and get to know?”
    she asked.

By this time they had reached the entrance to The Hall of Fame. And it lived up to its name! All along the walls were various famous names with plaques, posters and pictures. There was even a car! And was that R2-D2?!

“Oh my!” exclaimed Daniella as she takes in the exhibit. “There is so much to see here, I’m not sure where to start.” She says wide eyed.

“I cannot complain. And there are not too many projects in the works just yet. Though I am trying to come up with a gathering our Family can attend and get to know each other a little better. Family is very important after all.”

9. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

The two droids got Martha's attention and she smiled happily at seeing them.

"Indeed! R2-D2 and his counterpart, C3-PO, Human-Cyborg Relations! Marvelous!" she enthused, echoing the motion picture on instinct and wide eyed at their design and, well, other elements of their wider iconic meaning.

"Oh, I shall send you a list of new arrivals, Miss! I shall also encourage them to speak with you too! I should hate to have you feel left out! That's far from my intention!" she adds with eagerness.

"I say!" Martha adds with another happy smile, pointing at the squat droid R2-D2, "It should be jolly fun for your friends and family to visit here! You're quite right! So much to see! But, look... such a splendid automobile!" she gasps and hobbles over to inspect it closely. But not too closely.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella turns her eyes to the Star Wars characters. She wondered if they were actually from the movie, which she had not seen in years.

“I always found R2-D2 to be entertaining, and cute in a robot type way.” She says with a chuckle. “What did you think of the newer Star Wars movies?” she asked. The Star Wars community seemed to be torn about them, and there were arguments for the good and the bad.

She cannot help but smile at the petite Seneschal. “I only feel left out because I had greatly enjoyed working closely with you. I learned quite a bit from you, and it has helped me greatly.” She replies sincerely.

Her eyes follow her Cousin as she approaches the car. She takes in the lines of the car and the color.

“Well, they don’t make them like this anymore. I have always seen cars from the past as works of mobile art. The color and bold, sleek lines draw your eyes in.”

Martha Villiers

PRE

Daniella's interest in R2-D2 called Martha back to study the droid's once more.

She smiled and nodded eagerly,
    "Oh, yes! He is a most entertaining and useful android!" a happy giggle. "Oh, the new series of motion pictures?" she added with a pondering tone. "Well," she hesitated in her assessment, "I think perhaps they were a little... Soulless. Even cruel." she thought back to some of the more brutal aspects of the film series and leaned hard on her cane.

"Yes, Soulless. Cruel. Something in them seemed mean-spirited. No longer infused with the optimism and dynamic sense of pure adventure and courage in the face of overwhelming odds that they once were! But, look..." she gestured happily with her cane towards R2-D2 again, "I think, in many ways, he was the most active of all characters in the film series. Taking the lead to complete his missions. Heedless of danger. Loyal to his masters and friends. Fiesty in the face of a foe! Yes, altogether much more reliable in the face of danger than the pompous C3-PO! Much less prone to the temptations of the Dark Side than the fragile Luke Skywalker; not driven by the greed of Han Solo; the dangerous rage of Chewbacca or the moral complexity of the project Princess Leia had set for herself."

Looking to Daniella with bright eyes.

"But I am most grateful to you too, Miss! I hope we make a good team!" another happy smile.

"Don't forget, I have much to learn from you too, Miss!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread