Ended
Watch

Redux (Private)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    W
    Walker

Harold breathed deeply as the scents of Sacremento drifted through the sunroof. It was good to be back, not that the last month had been absent of exitement, but at least here the threat of sudden, painful, Final Death was somewhat mitigateed. He doubted the other members of the Unconquererd would be too pleased with him vanishing suddenly, and maintaining radio silence for the last month be the icing on the proverbial cake. Hopefully his letter had arrived and he wouldn't be greeted by the Sheriff with his headsman's axe, though he doubted he would need much more than his hands to send him back to dust.

His limo moved through the late-night traffic, till at last it came to a halt outside the Nox Populi. an unremarkable man dressed in a very restrained, if expensive, black suit opened the door for him. It was a shame about Jean, but he found his replacement bareable, he hadn't got Jean's style and knowledge, but there was no nead to turn the man's mind to porridge to 'cook' for him, at last he had a chef who shared his little eccentricity, which made the whole thing less awkward for the both of them.

Harold, dressed in a suprisingly minimalist black suit, emerged from the glossy black vehicle and began his decent into the Vox. He hummed a nameless little ditty as he brushed past the kine levels and ventured down into the court proper. His demenor remained flawlessly cheerful, even as he marched into the bowels of Nox Populi, whatever the Duke decided to do to him, he sincerely doubted it could be anything as bad as what his Sire had planned for him once his newest Childe dragged him back to New York. That old monster's creative malevolence was only matched by his girth, and he had a good 100 pounds or so on Harold.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella had been waiting at Nox, arriving early to offer any assistance with security checks and what not. Having satisfied that vice, she secured a meeting room, and was sitting in the lower section of Nox, awaiting the arrival of Harold. She was anxious to hear of his decision to leave the Domain so suddenly, but was also understanding of such choices. Having made the same one herself last year.

Her attire for the evening was a simple pair of black dress pants with a blush colored silk top. Her long hair was left down, and curl slightly to add volume. The air around her has the exotic scent of Japanese Cherry Blossom.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

3. Likes West liked this post
    W
    Walker

The door opened smoothly, and Harold passed through before closing it behind him. He bowed a fraction more deeply than was necessary, now was not a time to be stingy with formality. "Greetings, Lady Sage." He straightened and asked the question which could determine if he would be walking out of here.

"I do hope that my departure did not harm the cause of the Unconquered. I apologise that it had to be so abrupt, but..." His cheerful demenor visibly faded to a rather grimmer one "...needs must when the devil drives."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She stands as her Beast feels the presence of another Beast, weaker, but still there. As it salivated at the thought of spilling the others blood, she exerts control over it, shoving it back in its corner. A friendly smile appears on her face, “Mister Thorne! How wonderful to see you have returned to the city!” she then gestures to an open chair, “Please, have a seat.” She says, waiting for him to be seated before returning to her own chair.

Her smile turns to a reassuring one, “I currently know of no harm coming to the First Estate. Though I can tell you it came as a surprise, as it always is when a fellow Unconquered leaves the Domain without notice.” Her tone was gentle. “Tell me, where you able to come to terms with whatever force lead to your departure?” she asked, wondering if this was going to happen again. Not that she had room to talk, having departed the city for a longer period of time last year.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

6. Likes liked this post
    W
    Walker

He nods in thanks and sits down upon the chair. "Yes and no, Lady Sage. The threat itself has been delt with quite thouroughly, but the root of the problem remains. Family spats are vicious like that, and I'm afraid my Sire has a considerable memory for grudges."

His jolly demenor returned, though with a slightly unpleasant edge. "Regardless, he will not trust anyone but his own Childe to seize me, and the last one to be given that paticular honor is currently returning to him via FedEx. That toy is broken, and he'll throw it away soon enough, I'd give it at least a few more years before he finds another to set on me." He smiled cheerfully. "Plently of time for me to prepare."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her head nods as she listens. Interesting she thinks, his situation was kinda similar to hers. “I understand all too well how vicious a Family spat can be.” She says, “My Sire had a taste for grudges, as well as attracting trouble.”

She was glad to see his demeanor change, though the edge surprised her. “It is interesting how our Kind can hold a grudge or displeasure with another. I, myself, would rather have the words out in the open and dealt with immediately, then waste countless years fretting over it.” As she listened, it sounded like a long and complicated history. “I am sorry to hear of your trouble. Do you foresee it presenting a threat to His Grace or the Domain in the future?” she asked. Best to ask the hard questions now. “Not that I feel you would knowingly put any Kindred in danger, but I have to ask.” She said with a reassuring smile.

W
    Walker

He pauses for a second, drumming thick fingers against the arm of the chair as he thought. Perhaps, I am afraid is the best answer I can provide. My Sire is old, and as of late he has become somewhat...erratic. I've been told that for the last few years before my return, he was becoming a little eccentric." Weaknessess were never something pleasant to discuss, and Harold found his Clan's more than a little shameful, the frailties of the flesh could be mitigated or overcome, but the Ventrue seemed condemned to end their nights as giggling madmen, every one an undignified embarassment to their lineage.

"In truth, I suspect that if I had not returned to the lands of the living, he would now be quite comfortably torpid. But I did and he is not. All I can recomend is that the Domain not become involved, at the moment what we have is a gentleman's disagreement, a rather extreme one admittedly, but still strictly personal. If others intervene, he might take umbrage at the Domain as a whole, and decide to escalate matters."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Hmm, interesting answer she thinks. Not one she had expected. She had heard of older Kindred losing their minds as they aged. Her Sire was older, but he was simply insane and enjoyed it. Especially if he could turn his madness on his Childe.

“Well, I have heard stories of older Kindred in such situations.” She replied.

She was not sure to what extent the Domain would become involved, if it ever came to that. A disagreement between a Sire and their Childe was just that, between them. Unless it proved a risk to the Domain as a whole.

“If it proves a risk to the Domain as a whole, then the proper steps will be taken. I know I do not desire to get in between two bickering Kindred unless there is a risk to the Traditions, the Domain or His Graces safety.” She stated.

“As for your return, which is certainly welcome, I recommend meeting with your Priscus and Seneschal Villiers as soon as you are able. Perhaps even a meeting with His Grace might be in order.” She recommended.

“But tell me, what are your plans now that you have returned.”

W
    Walker

Bickering, eh. Jean would be rolling in his grave, if he had a grave, of course.

"I shall make a note of it. I anticipate seeing Master Galloway soon anyway."
    That was one of the things he had planned to deal with, it really was terribly inconvinient for their clan's Priscus to be inferior to so many, something was going to have to be done. Of course, there was no need to divulge such a familial matter, so he smiled and said.

"Well, frankly it is, for the most part business as usual. Get started on the planning for the masquerade next month, manage my investments, it's all quite dull I'm afraid. There are a few other little things I have on my mind, but they are pipe-dreams for the present, but when they do begin to bear fruit, you shall be amongst the first to know."

"May I enquire if there is anything in particular I missed while I was absent?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“I can assure you Mister Thorne, nothing a Kindred of Quality does is ever dull.” She said with a smile. “I am excited to hear you have dreams, if I can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

She ponders his question, “Well, I would recommend setting up an appointment with Madame Notary Hazelton as soon as you are able. She is providing teaching of the Blood Oath and we are all required to learn it.” She says, “And there is an Official Court coming up, I do hope you will be in attendance.” She stated with a smile.

It was then she decided to address a certain matter. “There was a small issue I had intended to address with you sooner.” She will then pull out the invitation and gently places it on the table. “This was bought to my attention, and with my gifts, I was able to see who did it. Granted, she has not been seen within the Domain for a few months, I still wanted to make sure you were aware of it. If she does reappear, the issue will be addressed, and I wanted to get your thoughts on it.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread