Ended
Watch

On Patrol

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Waiting at the foot of The Stairs within the Nox, Martha is clutching at her cane and waiting patiently for Derrick.

Martha is neatly attired in her usual modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly...yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style...spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a short pleated black gymslip which shows her legs to mid thigh...her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each with the red ribbon bows.

She's wearing her C-Leg prosthetic, a single white knee sock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip.

She emits no Beast and has invoked her Blush of Life.

Martha's blinking and wide eyed presence exudes sweet innocence and patience.

@FranklinRPer
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick walked into Nox and headed for The Stairs. Tonight he was dressed in a pair of worn blue jeans, a camo-modeled shirt, and a black leather jacket that he left unzipped. His black boots made sound tonight as he didn't want to spook anyone with his approach. His hands were thrust in his jacket pockets and he hummed a tune that would be familiar to anyone who'd seen the new Dawn of the Dead as the Richard Cheese version of Down With The Sickness.

He wasn't wearing any obvious weapons, but he had the katar hidden in the jacket as well as his pistol strapped under the other arm. When someone said the word patrol he came prepared for trouble that might pop up. He hoped since they were just meeting here, Martha wouldn't be mad that he had weaponry on him. When he saw her, Derrick gave Martha a small smile and a bow of his head.

"Evening."
    Attached Images

Martha Villiers

PRE

Seeing his confidence and...was the word swagger?...Martha smiled and nodded a happy greeting.

She was unsure about this, but felt their previous meetings hadn't gone too well and this, she hoped, might help them find a bond.

"Good evening, Derrick!" she chirped. "It is good to see you again!" she added with a smile.

"You have come prepared for many eventualities? I thought we might patrol along the American River. There's often something of interest to be seen there. Plus there are often some former US Army veterans in need of a few dollars to help them through the night. They often camp along the river bank; if the local sheriffs let them." she shrugged as if finding the attitude of the police to donw-on-their-luck army vets a bit...strange.

"Do you have any questions before we commence patrol, Derrick?" she asks happily.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick nodded at her greeting, his stance shifting to an easy rest, feet shoulder width apart and looking precisely natural to him.

"Evening Martha. Good to see you didn't forget about me." On her explanation of their intended course, the Ventrue nodded slowly, making a mental note of it and trying to place the route on the map in his head. He hadn't memorized it all yet, but he thought he had a general idea of where they'd be.

"I'm prepared for most. Got a map in my pocket, couple of protective items, and I think enough knowledge of the city to get out of most scrapes. As to questions, are you armed or intend to be?" His attitude suggested stability tonight. That probably had something to do with the fact that he'd been out and gotten exercise again. It was always good to let off steam.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Armed?" she giggles, "I hope I shan't need to be!"

Taking a few steps she begins to ascend The Stairs. Her C-Leg is stiff and she limps badly. Each step is taken with care.

"We shall be heading north, sir. Towards Discovery Park. A walk along the river, crossing the I Street bridge and over to the Park..." she turns to smile at Derrick, steady on her cane, "it shall be a walk of about a mile or so to our destination." she smiles meekly.

"I hope we can talk along the way, as well as being vigilant for threats!" she adds a bashful giggle.

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick lofted an eyebrow, a look of curiosity as he fell in beside her, walking at her pace. His hands he drew from his pockets so that they would be free-and-clear in case of any threats.

"I'm a bit confused. What do you do when you find trouble? Not that you didn't specifically say you weren't armed, just that you hope you won't need to be, but it does make me curious." He glanced over at her as she ascended the stairs, making note to match his steps to hers politely.

"And sure, we can talk along the way. I've asked alot of questions of you and done alot of talking. Why don't you ask some of me? Change of pace and all that. I'm an open book. Sorta."

Martha Villiers

PRE

"I try to negotiate a way out of trouble. I much prefer peace to violence." she added as she was almost at the topmost step now.

"However, I know a little judo if the worst comes to the worst!" she giggled merrily.

"I daresay you don't rate judo too highly, sir?" she asks by way of opening his requested Q&A.

As they step outside the clear skied evening air, she looked up to study the rooftops and then the large moon.

Blinking, she leaned hard on her cane.

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick looked over at Martha again and blinked slowly at that. He shrugged and continued up the stairs with her. Once outside her followed her gaze, in this town almost expecting to see Batman on the roof somewhere, with all the odd things he'd run into thusfar.

"When a problem comes to me I usually find myself in, shall we say, aggressive negotiations." Of course, that could be because in the five years he'd been embraced he had suffered through two major attacks by the Brood. And that was on top of being raised into the Order in a community he was pretty sure Martha would have died of horror from the lack of decorum. Ah to be Crimson. The few, the proud, the gruff.

He grinned to himself at that before looking back to Martha.

"Whelp, seems like a nice night to be wandering around together." He had a couple of questions he wanted to ask on how well that negotiating worked, but he had hoped she would do some talking this time. And of course, she was still here so that was alot of answer right there.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding happily, Martha takes a small notebook from her blazer pocket and consults something within. She briefly shows the closed book to Derrick; "I try to keep track of Vehicle Registration numbers, sir. So it might be easier to identify if we are under surveillance."

"Sacramento has many serial killers and strange incidents. One cannot be too careful." she nods.

Smiling, she hobbles over to the nearest bus stop and begins to loiter to watch the automobiles passing by for a while.

She chats with Derrick once they are close enough to do so without attracting too much attention;
    "Oh, well... I see! What manner of martial art do you prefer, sir? When one is faced with a physical threat, which style do you rely on?" she smiles and seems very interested to hear the answer, though she's also making certain not to miss too much of the vehicles or any parked vehicles.

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick nodded his understanding. Her style of patrolling was more NSA and his was more military or police. Both, he knew, could be effective under different circumstances. Though then again, she was a Mekhet and that meant she could always run away if she needed to.

He leaned his shoulder against the sign and let his eyes roam over the cars. He was watching for people acting suspiciously, but after a moment his eyes went back to Martha. It didn't seem likely that there would be any attack and his suite of skills didn't include surveillance usually. Interrogation? That he could do well enough. Investigation of things already in play? He could do that, and usually catch up with the plot and beat it to the finish.

"Neat idea. Though I suppose it must lead to quite a bit of paperwork to keep track and cross-reference it all. And serial killers huh? Sounds like a party alright. I guess I've gotten more used to taking on wonky threats and hunters. They're usually predictable. Might need to change up my routine, lest I get predictable too."

When she asked about his preferred style of fighting, he thought about that for a moment in how best to answer.

"I'm trained to use everything from a gun to tonfa. I prefer getting close though, if the option's given to me. I'm well-trained in what's called Modern Army Combatives. It started with a couple classes back when I was a police officer and continued after my embrace. It's a bastardization of a bunch of different arts, chiefly among them Muay Thai, Ba Gua, and Judo. I like it because it's not so much about making yourself stronger, which your enemies can counter, but of taking away common advantages my opponents have over me. And of course, it doesn't hurt that I can flow from shooting at someone to using a sword on them to choking them out in the space of about 9 seconds." He chuckled lightly, thinking back on that last one.

"Boy do they hate it when you choke off their air supply. Real good way to stop a fight without killing a potential source of information."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread