Ended
Watch

Ack: Konrad Roth

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly directs Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic lemon incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast and is alabaster pale.

Martha is wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick.

A generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed the tone of her single muscular leg. A flesh leg well suited to that of a dancer or athlete...she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is a simple metal peg-Leg from high up her thigh.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the DC Universe Martha is dressed as Zatanna, Mistress of Magic!

She's sat, quietly reading from the many documents and studying associated maps which are laid out on a simple coffee table in front of her. The coffee table is laden with a carafe fresh home-made lemonade...

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Konrad stares at the unfamiliar lettering adorning the gateway. He didn't know if it were important, as if it might read 'Beware of Dog' or 'Take Off Your Shoes'.

Why write that in another language then if you didn't want people to read it?

Konrad shrugs the thought away, adjusting his overcoat and shifting his sneaker-clad feet on the Stairs. He was normally comfortable in low-lit places. The calm silence might be described as peaceful. But he was nervous nonetheless. Probably a good thing to stay on edge, but the Beast was another story. He wondered if he should drop the savage mantle just to allow his fears to take over should he lose control. Better to run away than try to fight the monsters that lurked within.

It was good he didn't have much of an imagination.

But whoever decorated this underground gathering spot seemed to have one. The celestial renderings, pillars, and drapery made for a bizarre though curious ambiance. Not to mention the distinct fresh scent in the air. Konrad glanced around the room, letting his eyes scan the open area as he entered. As he observed the furniture he discovered the seated figure of a young woman there.

Konrad tensed, his legs bending at the knee slightly as if he were prepared to run. Only a little girl? As he stared he began to notice the whiteness of her skin. Ah, looks can be deceiving. Though she emitted no beast it was likely that she was one of those who had progressed further in the powers of the Blood. Konrad had met such Kindred before.

He walked tentatively towards the woman, clearing his throat to make his presence known if she had not already noticed. "Hello?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Konrad approached with subtle care his Beast, nevertheless, betrayed him.

Martha, tensing at his presence, laid down her paperwork and rubbed hard at her peg leg.

It took a few moments for her to find some comfort in her seemingly therapeutic gesture and offered a shy smile to Konrad.

"Good evening, sir!" she chirped in a quavering, gentle, English accent. "Might I be of some assistance, sir?" as she spoke, Martha made a small hand gesture; inviting Konrad to be seated either on the sofa next to her or on the seat opposite. She smiled sweetly.

"My name is Miss Martha Villiers. I have the honor to serve His Grace the Alder Asa Clarke, the Prince of this Domain, as both his Seneschal and Mistress Keeper of this Elysian Field!" she giggled merrily. One hand steadying the wobble of her peg leg as the other made a modest gesture to the surrounding Court and decor.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

A warm smile from a doll-like face might have sent a chill through him, but it seemed sincere enough. Konrad relaxed visibly and after a brief hesitation approached closer to the sofa.

Konrad had not heard many English accents aside from television or tourists in Vegas, but it seemed unusually crisp and pleasing to the ear. He rested a hand on the seat opposite her across the coffee table. "Good evening. The name is Konrad Roth. Nice to meet you, Seneschal."

The Savage looks at her perhaps a bit too long, trying to wrap his head around her unusual form, and then looks away quickly realizing his rudeness. To think such a sweet thing was the right hand of the Prince of this Domain.

Not knowing what to do next, Konrad took the seat offered and returned his gaze to hers, folding his hands together and leaning elbows on his knees. "I found this place after a bit of poking around. Seems to me it might be one of your Elysia, and from what you say it seems I guessed right. I've only just come to Sacramento, so I thought it only fair that I get permission to hang my hat before I get too comfortable."

Konrad wonders if he was being too forward getting right down to business. But it was better to make his intentions known right away. If there wasn't room for another Kindred in the city then there wouldn't be much point in them getting to know each other.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a cheery smile and eagerness, Martha listened and nodded and seemed to find Konrad an interesting person to listen to.

She rubbed at her peg leg for a moment as he closed his explanation.

"I see!" she chirped merrily, "I see! Well, splendid! I shall do what I can to help you settle in, sir! I have a small Presentation to share with you...facts and figures about the city and Domain...the sort of thing I understand other Kindred have found, in varying degrees, to be useful!" she giggles playfully and, as she speaks, her gloved hands flutter and flitter and gesture towards the door of the Meeting Chamber.

"But, before we do so...I wonder, might I invite you to take some lemonade with me, sir? We might also converse upon topics that interest you! I am always eager to hear from experts on their chosen topics, sir!" she asks with obvious eagerness, reaching towards the carafe of lemonade, her bright blue eyes watching Konrad with enthusiasm.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Oh, uhh..." muttered Konrad, taken aback by the cheerful enthusiasm and the prospect of having to listen to a Presentation. Usually when he entered into a new Domain he'd get grilled by questions or strict warnings, sometimes threats. Very rarely did he get a warm welcome. The Beast lurks in the shadow of every smile and glint of eye or fang.

Nonetheless, Konrad's attention follows Martha's gesture. "Sure, that's right neighborly of you," said the Gangrel, only then realizing that he'd just be vomiting the lemonade back up afterwards. It may be rude of him to decline though. If things went well he could always replace the hunger with a sweet young neck.

Turning back to Martha, Konrad scratches the back of his hand thoughtfully and thinks on a topic to share. He wasn't all that talented in any particular sense. The Blood provided conveniences but nothing he excelled at. Best to go with interests. "Well I suppose I'm particular to games of chance, having dwelt in Las Vegas and Reno for a time. Though at the same time I'm not too keen on playing for keeps."

Konrad reaches his hand to his face and rubs his chin showing some discomfort, knowing he probably wasn't explaining himself too well. "I mean, I like to consider myself a survivalist. Risks aren't something Kindred can afford to take. Though I enjoy figuring out the odds, as a hobby. Weigh and measure, heh heh." The laugh is forced with no real mirth in it. This conversation wasn't at all what he had expected and was coming short on answers to what seemed like a simple question.

"So, err, what about you? You have any...interests?" His eyes darted about her person, taking a moment to acclimate to this unique situation.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha rubbed at her peg leg for a moment, poured Konrad some lemonade and handed him the glass with a graceful gesture. Smiling and attentive.

She listened and wondered if he was speaking in allegory or metaphor. She was a little lost, but remained attentive all the same.

"I see!" she chirped as he mentioned Vegas as if realization dawned.

"Interests? Oh, well...I am fascinated by history, sir...and music." she smiled sweetly and happily gestured over towards the piano in the far corner of the Court area.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

He accepted the glass from the petite Kindred, wondering what sort of Beast was masked beneath the calm surface as their fingers grazed each other in the exchange. "Thank you," he said, without averting his eyes.

"History and music," Konrad repeated, allowing himself to glance towards the piano. "Why history, if I might ask?" He cradled the drink for a moment, breathing in a sigh and took a tentative sip at it. Reliving the past? he wondered.

-1 Vitae to consume drink

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha giggled with a bashful timidity as their fingers grazed each other in the exchange of drinks. Wide eyed, she paid close and friendly attention to Konrad.

"Ah! I am fascinated by all history, sir! Yet ancient history holds a special fascination. As does the history of the Cold War." she smiles sweetly.

Taking a moment to rub at her maimed thigh, she adds;
    "I believe, sir, it was Mark Twain who once said; 'history might not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.' I feel, to use Mr Twain's perspective, it is important to be equipped with the intellectual tools to better try to comprehend the 'how and why' of our various present geopolitical misfortunes."

She adds a shy smile, as if opening the chance for Konrad to agree or disagree as he sees fit.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

His expression admits some interest in her answer by the slight twist of a smile. "Ancient and Cold War, quite a stretch of time between those. I can't say I'm learned enough to speak much on it. But I remember the Cold War well enough. Seemed like the world was coming to an end. Fear and paranoia. It was the norm for me I guess. It didn't actually phase me until Nam started up. By then everyone was sick to death of the warmongering."

Konrad mulled over his own words for a moment, sipping at the drink as an excuse for silence before starting again. "Mark Twain may be right in his own way. Now that I can look back on it, it doesn't feel like much has changed. Kine griping about those in office, wars overseas to promote some agenda. Always about money. Though I guess the world didn't end, least long enough for another generation to come along and take their own stab at it."

Not that it affected him very much. The huge splashes made by the Kine were just ripples by the time they got to Konrad. He was content to stay far enough away from history in the making. They were creatures blacklisted from the history books. But it was curious for him to know that some kept tabs on the movements of the Kine.

His eye drifted to Martha's leg as he began to notice her continuous fussing. The Savage wondered if the Kindred woman had some experience with wartime herself.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread