Phone repairs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

TehDeminz , Kelreth

OOC

As they walk away from the park meet, Daniel can't help but reconsider. Letting the newcomer take care of the phone reeks of uselessness and weakness - things he isn't very used to. And things his Tribal Totem doesn't take too well to. Besides, there's always something you can do. He pulls his own phone out of a pocket:

"Let's exchange numbers. Here's the deal: you'll probably need parts, so how about we hit a phone or electronics store on the way? Check the phone now and give me a list of the stuff you'll need to fix it. I'll risk the buy and you - stay in the car with the phone. In case anything happens, here's Firebringer's cell", - he gives the other wolf some time to copy it from his screen,- "I'll lead the threat away. Return the phone to him".

"After we're done here we drive to a safe spot out of Sacramento, once we are about ten miles away from any Pure territory, you get to work and I'll guard", - he takes a look at the phone he messed up, - "I wonder how much this model's worth?"

Daniel turns the phone over to check the model and fires up his own cheap-ass Google phone to find out the price on the Internet.

About the phone

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

It looks like a modern smartphone, and it says Samsung on it. Beyond that Daniel's Google-Fu is weak. It's probably worth a couple hundred though.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

T
    TehDeminz

OOC

Matthew didn't quite like the company of Daniel compared to Alison, but like Hell he was going to say that out loud. Matthew followed silently for the most part, responding usually in noncommittal grunts or a nod of the head. After a few minutes that felt far longer than they really were, Daniel began to explain his plan of action. The Cahalith took the phone and immediately began to inspect it, popping the back of the device off and seeing what may have been broken and what parts he would need.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-11 18:05:14 Matthew rolls 7 to wits+computers to find out how to fix phone (10 Again) 1, 1, 10, 2, 2, 8, 5, 5 2 successes

"Think I got it." Matthew said with a nod. He wrote the materials onto a note on his phone and sent it to Daniel's number. "Should be easy enough."

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The case and screen are a complete write off, but most of the internal architecture is still sound. You could jury rig up a case yourself for only $100, though it would be best to be gentle with it.
    Alternatively, for the price of $400, you could get a brand new phone, and transfer everything from this one into the new one.
    Matamune

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel nods at the other Wolf and lets him work his magic. The list gets a quick look from him, before he shakes his head dismissively.

Radio parts aren't the most expensive thing in the world. Unfortunately, screens and cases are a bigger problem. Still, the price of the phone itself is... affordable. Hella expensive and likely to make him eat junk for a month but it's worth it to clean up the mess. In the future it will probably be a good idea to leave the thing in the car:

"All right, I think I can manage - I'll just buy a new phone and you can transplant whatever's broken. Let's get you to safety to start working".

OOC

Gonna spend this month's Resources on a new phone if nothing kills him on the way to the store.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

After picking up the supplies, (and saying goodbye to all of the non-ramen aisles of the grocery store), Daniel and matthew continue south.
    Its a long, quiet, very uncomfortable car ride for the two, but eventually they camp out at starbucks at the south end of elk grove. Daniel feels reasonably certain that the pure don't have spies all the way this far south.

Matthew has all the supplies he needs, and one bored looking barista watching them.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    T
    TehDeminz

The realization that he was in a town almost entirely controlled by the Pure began to set in more and more. While waiting for Daniel to return with all the proper materials, Matthew felt the need to keep looking over his shoulder and looking into every shadow as if a giant slavering Pure monster would come leaping out of it, an event much more likely than he cared to admit. He was somewhat relieved when Daniel returned, but that quickly turned into awkward silence as they drove as far away from Pure territory as was possible.

After another stretch of time that felt far longer than it really was thanks to awkward silence, Daniel stopped the car at a location supposedly safe. The Cahalith would have chosen a different place, but as long as the barista wasn't somehow an Anshega spy it would serve well enough. Matthew gathered the materials together and walked into the establishment, sitting at the nearest table and laying everything out and plugging in wires from one phone to the other. "Gonna try to just move all the data over first. That don't work, then I'll do it the hard way and gut it. I'll pay you back for all this shit if the transfer works"

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-15 19:08:43 TehDeminz -- Matthew Talbot rolls 7 to begin data transfer (Computers+Wits) (10 Again) 6, 7, 10, 4, 7, 5, 7, 8 2 successes

"Workin' so far. Just gotta wait to see if it explodes or not."

ooc

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Your phone fu struggles valiantly, but the damage is too extensive. This is going to require electronic surgery to pull out the proper chips and put them in the new phone. Intelligence (capped by your dexterity)+crafts. I'd normally give you a -2 penalty for no tools, but you had bought those.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

After giving the new phone to Matthew, Daniel takes a seat of the table with the view of the door, barista and as many exits as possible. He also orders two coffees and sets them on a table nearby to keep the electronics safe while Matthew works:

"Don't worry, I'll keep my eyes open. And no payback: it was my tactical decision that damaged the phone but it's still my responsibility. I'll be the one owing you a favor when we pull this off".

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

The very bored barista mixes your coffees quickly, handing them back to you with a confused look on her face. "What are you guys doing?" She asks in the empty store, adopting her best 'i'm friendly and bored so please talk to me.' smile.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last