Ended
Watch

A Little Friendly Competition

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick, seeing the look on Jay's face, decided that perhaps calling after Dog 'It was nice to meet you Mr. Dog! Come back real soon!' would probably be pushing it. He'd already thumbed his nose, politely mind you, at Dog's lack of manners. Any more would probably be pushing himself into the realm of aggressor. After all, they'd both been nothing but polite, so for only about the third time in his life Derrick chose to not mouth off. So he let Dog go. Besides, what kind of coward would he be to attack someone's back over them being an asshole? Vard had taught him better than that.

He walked over to Jay, thumping her lightly on the chest after Dog was good and gone. Wouldn't be polite to talk openly in front of someone who obviously was itching for a fight.

"Some of your clan's got this whole thing about needing to be badass, ya know that? Seriously. Is there a Gangrel Initiation Packet floating around somewhere that describes how because you're so much closer to your Beasts you-all have to thumb your nose at common decency? I mean, I get it, I know your people like to be edgy and 'Rawr We R Wolves', but seriously. I thank all my stars my sire was a Lord."

J
    JennRankin

Once Dog has left, Jay's eyes slide closed and she grits her teeth. The hand holding the helmet has a white knuckle grip on it and only Derrick's thump on her armor breaks her out of whatever internal flagellation was going on.

"Some of my clan are like that, yes. And I'll admit that my first impression of him wasn't that great, but then again I'm pretty sure that I didn't give him a good impression either." She growls softly, "I'm not that well known in Gangrel circles - partially because I prefer to keep myself in check. It's part of that whole 'don't become what you're hunting' that was hammered into my head. Dog... well... I was hoping to make a good impression and I failed. Miserably."

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick waved his hand at that as he walked over to gather up the rest of the gear.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Just remember he's another predator like you. Be wary and keep on your guard, but don't let him see fear. You should be fine so long as you keep your back straight. Here, why not get out of that gear and we can head out." He offered the bag.

"Stop beating yourself up over it. Everybody has off days. I'm sure there are days when even that guy can't hit the broad side of a barn." He nodded his head the way Dog had come. Whoever Dog was to Jay, and he got the impression she didn't want to explain because she hadn't already, he had been someone she wanted to impress. Which meant she thought somewhat highly of him.

"I got something I wanna show you anyway."

J
    JennRankin

"Yeah, I know everyone has off days." She works the armor off, leaving her back in the sports bra and shorts. As she puts it in the bag, Jay shakes her head, "But on the upside I know that I'd like you to teach me how to use those katars. That was very effective."

Shoving the last things in the bag she grabs her clothes and just pulls the jeans and shirt back on over her workout clothes. "What was it you wanted to show me?"

F
    FranklinRPer

Derrick nodded and took the things from her. He turned to head downstairs and out of the Chapter House.

"The place I plan to move into. You wanna be my roommate, I figure you should see it. I can afford it by myself if I've got to, but I don't mind you sharing it with me. Lots of advantages to that. And sure, I'll teach you about katars. They're a good weapon for someone trained in punching."

And with that, the two of them head out.

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.