Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper waits for the other Acanthi of the Consillium to come to her. They needed to confirm path Councillor. Her hands are held behind her, and she's clearly a hint nervous. Change had happened... Did Nous still want to avoid the position?

Jhet Bigpaw Tiffany Tyria

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye's attention was pulled to Pepper as she made he announcement. Well, standing around wasn't getting anything done, so she makes her way over.

Taking a sip of her coffee as she approaches, "Hey Pepper, quite the event huh?"

Miach

PRE

Walking from his safe corner toward Pepper, Miach had a sour look on his face. He wanted gone.

"Hiya Pepper. Faye." he said, giving each of them a polite nod regardless. "It sure was something..." he acknowledged.

J

She walks over to the coffee clutch of Enchanters. She doesn't look at all surprised, and her look of always changing and never moving from the duel carries over to the impromptu meeting as well. Black isn't a typical color for a path that's 'supposed to be' flighty and whimsical, but looking around the group there's not really much in the way of whimsicality for the day anyway.

"Like flood water flowing against a make-shift dam. It was only a matter of time and fates converging before she was broken."

Her voice carries a hint of sorrow and admiration. A strange mix, but strange times bring strange reactions. Not that she's just become the leader of the Avalon for Hierarch election committee, but she's not slinging verbal arrows in her general direction either.

"I assume you're as interested as I in finalizing a bit of business so we can be prepared for our next state of organization in the city?"

She doesn't bother looking for a seat. She stands, unmoving in her black hooded garb.

"There will be much arguing in the coming weeks. The charter here is sloppy and looks like someone more interested in crayons and colored pencils wrote it than someone with the experience of an awakened soul. I still see a tumultuous future for the first council that sits. If no one else wishes to bear that burden, I will. Not for personal glory, but for the well being of the city. Then once the tumultuous times are over, I propose that the provost selected might step in and govern wisely and with the grace and good wishes of the council and consilium. In that respect we might be a team with a plan for a better future for Sacramento."

She's obviously given her plan from earlier some thought. It makes sense really. She sets herself up to take all the heat, and then the Provost steps in to take all the 'whew, glad she's gone' and takes the plan through to the finish. It's all in the timing of course, but they're Enchanters, timing is their specialty.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper gives a nod, but no immediate comment on the Duel to each of the Acanthus as they join. though it was good to tell that Nous knew why she'd asked for a quick meeting. "Got it in one."

It was, just a little bit disappointing that Nous got her speech in first, but also a relief that there were more options out there. "I didn't make my offer lightly, two days ago. Besides, if we're planning for potential scapegoats, I'm newer." She gave a small smile to Nous, then added. "But right now? You're the person with the predictions and foresight. You've been here longer, and clearly have a better grasp of the politics than most of us... Possibly except Miach. I'd rather trust you with a more permanent Councillor position, if that seems necessary. At the same time... the Charter doesn't specify how Councillors should be selected, only that it's a Path decision. If we trust you to represent us, it doesn't seem like the rest of the Concillium has say in that, popular or not."

J

"Traditions suggest that it's up to those of the path to select their representative in whichever way they decide. So we'll decide how it's fated we decide."

She thinks about Pepper's suggestion that its better for her to take all the negative because she's newer. Except she's a Ladder. Ladders don't fall on their swords gracefully, historically speaking.

"I'm not saying that they get a choice, but anything we do is guaranteed to ruffle some feathers after being so long in the cold without a structured governance. Maybe fate will keep us from needing anything less than permanent, but either way, I have no desire to rule. I only have a desire to lift the city back up to where it needs to be to stand against the forces that move against it. It's a goal we each need to have, to make this city better and lift it from its collective apathy."

Soapboxes are not her thing, but sometimes it just happens. She makes eye contact with the enchanters that have joined together for this decision, each in turn.

"Each and everyone of us needs to have a vested interest in the wellbeing ( Bigpaw ) of the city. A city that is unhealthy is a city that is being left for the Seers to take. And a city that cannot bend and twist ( Faye Tiffany ) to adapt is one that is stagnant and requires an injection of new life and culture. Do we not carry a great responsibility with our great power ( Pepper ) to do what is right and necessary?"

Miach

PRE

Miach would have rolled his eyes if he had thought it would change a thing. People were once again vying for a position of power, and all manners of pretexts would still be that. Pretexts. The only truth in that was that the city was in disarray, and dangerous. He had had first-hand experience of that. Could "positions of power" really do a thing for that ? He had had his doubts from the start, and they were still there. Beside, he still had his own... situations... to deal with first. There would still be opportunities later, he had no doubt about that.

"Whoever. Count me out, though." was all the doctor said. If anything, he would have voted for Faye, because she was the only one to not have thrown her hat in the ring yet.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper fought off the urge to scowl. She had little to say for those who wouldn't participate or even attempt to care for their own governance. Perhaps that was just her own experience, though, where declaring her existence sometimes felt like a political maneuver. he didn't have to vy for it, but opting out felt like salt being thrown in her face.

She wondered if Nous felt the same. Still, that wasn't the point of this.

"Considering that Nous is the only one of us who has shown themselves to be capable, willing and already acknowledged by the consillium? I fully support her for Councillor. Faye ? What about you?"

Tiffany

J

"I am a woman of action. And the faster we react to this, the sooner the city starts to heal. Apathy is the bane of our existence. It's exactly that apathy in decision making that caused this situation in the first place, Miach. Can I trust that you'll participate in this healing process? As a man of medicine?

I was really hoping that we could count on you to help with the healing. The knowledge that you and Tyria have in the Mysterium can help the organizational process and keep us from repeating history. No one's asking you to take on the mantle and burden, but we all need to work together in the coming months, for our safety and wellbeing."

The guy was part of a cabal that focuses on medicine. How he ignores the call to arms for the psychological healing that the city needs is beyond her. She needs to find a way to interest the enchanters that the city needs their help. And considering he's been in the city longer then most of them, she can't help but wonder if it's an epidemic of apathy or if it's just simple boredom. Because things are changing, and it's not going to be boring.

"I don't want to sit in this position without the approval of those who are affected by it." She really doesn't want to do that. It's apparent on her face. It's almost painful for her. "But I will, and one of my first orders of business will be to try to get everyone engaged in the health and safety of the city. And before you ask, no, I don't know how I'll do that yet."

Miach

PRE

Obviously, Miach had been too terse. "Count me out of the candidates, I mean. Of course I'll be part of the healing process. I want noone in Sacramento to suffer." like I did - the Acanthus corrected. He would have scowled, but again, what for...

"And again, if I can help, just let me know how. If it's within my capability, I will do it." though to forge a plan allowing the purging of Banishers and their ilk seemed like a dubious proposal for the doctor. He was no general, after all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread