Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) 3/4ths of VT

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Doesn't your room ever feel all confined, though? Like, don't you ever just need to move elsewhere, even if your head is just going to be stuck in a book," Avis asked, peering skeptically at Asp while they walked over to chill in one of the arcades. The toothpick migrated over to the other side of her mouth by the time they reached the far wall, and then she sunk down onto the ground, her back pressed up against the marble wall.

"And Santa is totally creepy. Not boxing Santa, but, like, the fake Santa. Seriously. Reverse burglary isn't a good excuse to steal your food."
    That was about the only thing that was worse than confinement, in her opinion. Someone coming uninvited into the space that you called home.

Keep wondering :P
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-13 08:52:47 Avis rolls 6 to she knows nothing! (comp+subter) (10 Again) 1, 1, 7, 10, 6, 1, 10, 9 3 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Welp!

Honestly? He didn't know why he bothered trying anymore. It was past the point of a one-off to where it was A Thing, and he wasn't sure if it annoyed him or not. Which was annoying in itself. Because annoying.

"Oh, really?"
    he asked Asp. "I mean, I guess? I kinda meant, you know, when you both stayed here..."

Totally legit question. Him? He'd been tearing the seats out of the ground in his room. It was a testament to the sound proofing of the rooms that no one had noticed. There'd been plenty of noise. Not the seats. Him. Dropping seats on his feet. Banging at something and missing. This. That. The other.

He followed Avis. Pondered the situation. Maybe for a second too long? Then made a decision, and sank down next to the drab Warlock.

"Lots of that stuff is super creepy."

His All Time Creepy award? Tooth Fairy. Sympathy's a thing, yo. Who was indoctrinating people into casting off body parts?

"But, ummm. I know you said said speculating didn't help? But I just had this thought. Like, the Hierarch,"
    he glanced at Asp, because she'd totally skipped that whole title thing, "He said we were going on the offensive."

He shrugged.

"That's cool, and it's not like we're all, like, you know, not in danger. But if Zoey gets made a Herald, that's, like, going to put a huge target on her back. Sentinels, too. I'm just saying, we should think about that. Be more careful. Armors. Sights. It's gonna get real. We shouldn't, uh, wait for something to happen first. Like, expect retaliation."

A hand drifted slightly, brushing a smaller, pale one beside him for just a moment before plucking at his khakis to straighten them out from sitting.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

3. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp shook her head. "Naw, it's cozy. I spend so much time out in the sun, running around and jogging and for work, that I actually like my room as a study space. Felix lays on my feet and purrs. It's comfy." She smiled contentedly at the thought. Her kitty and her bed. It was the little things that made life so enjoyable. She sat down gracefully next to Star, forming a line of Threats sitting against the wall.

Star brought up a subject they really did need to talk about, as depressing as it could be. It was super important to be ready for counter-attacks.

"Yeah, if they're not idiots, they'll counter-attack. I keep Sights and Armor up constantly. Cloaked, but it's there. I don't think Banisher drive-bys really are likely, but it's good to be ready. Might be time for everyone to start running rituals to keep themselves covered." She looked at Star in that instant. Avis had once spoken about doing rituals.

She looked at Star. "This offensive is something we should get involved with, as a team. But, I figure I should probably ask this - you got a way to defend yourself, man? Throwing supercards, or whatever?" At that last, she gave a half-smile, but the question was serious.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"We should also start training together, then. Or at least talking about how we like to go about stuff, ya know? Or how we'd imagine we'd go about stuff, I guess," Avis added. "And I'm pretty much doing the same thing, Asp. I gotta update pretty soon though."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He got ready to say something, but then his phone buzzed.

"Oh, snap, come on!"

Already, there were voices, making words. Brilliant. He climbed to his feet and offered Avis a hand.

Call this side thread a wrap and someone else post us into the main? Avis Asp
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

On it.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread