Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) 3/4ths of VT

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"How about me?" Avis echoed, looking confusedly at Asp. "For tonight? Um. I'd vote for takeout, or eating out, to celebrate. Ya know, even if Zoey doesn't make Herald, we've still got a new Hierarch and things are getting put together. That's a good thing to celebrate, right?"

Star earned himself an equally confused look. "What are you talking about? I'm not going to be picked for anything. And that's a stupid ass question. You basically herded us together and formed the cabal yourself. How the hell could we kick you out?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp gave Avis a thumbs up. "Sure is. Chinese, maybe?" she agreed. Then she gave Star a look that more was like 'whaaaaaat?'

"Dude. That is kind of a stupid ass question." She chuckled at him, then reached out and gave him a buddy-clap on the shoulder, like athletes do. "We're a team, right here. You're not dead weight. Doesn't matter who's doing jobs for the Consilium, or Orders, or whatever. End of the day, we end up back at the Wall, right?"

Hoo-rah.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uh huh. Sure. Then the late nights start. Missed dinners. Surprise weekends with the Consilium. Next it's Councilor this and Councilor that..."

He nodded, grinning. Clearly, he jest. At least, now. You never knew. He gave Asp a little shoulder bump in return.

"Okay. Just, you know, checking."

His head cocked and he gave Avis a curious look.

"And, why wouldn't they pick you two? For Sentinels? Like, who else?"

Now? Clearly, he serious.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

"I swear, baby. We've only got eyes for you," Asp joked as she chuckled about the shoulder bump.

As for the Sentinel thing?

"You'd be a great Sentinel, Avis! I wouldn't count yourself out of anything at all." As far as Asp was concerned, it was true. Avis might be a bit cray cray... but come on. Like Animus and Leo weren't, too?

Maybe it was part of the job.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"I might not be a fuck-up, but that doesn't mean I'm the right person for the job. I mean, Arrows aren't the only people that can be sentinels. Like, are you going to tell me none of the Guardians would be a good pick?" she asked, looking at Cut. "There has to be other people in the city that would do a better job than me. And I'm not like, just being down on myself. I'm just being realistic. I've got a long ways to go and I bet there's at least one other person who would be a good choice and who's more put together than me. But it doesn't even matter anyway," she added after a beat. "Leo and Animus have the responsibility to pick, and Aquinas has the final say. Speculation isn't gonna help with anything."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes West, Teeramus liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He gave Asp an exaggerated eye roll. If by him, she meant Adrian? Totally. That didn't have Fifty Shades of Consilium written all over it.

When Avis looked at him, it turned into a look of surprise. It blossomed like a sunflower, eyes widening and eyebrows lifting, and he looked behind him. Like, Guardians Guardians, or him Guardians. Maybe if the Consilium was using Sentinels for stage acts during Caucus intermissions.

"Like, Santa or Nous?"

Nope, he couldn't really see it. Although, after Nous' little thing with New!Hierarch, he could see her as a Herald. Which would be something. Two Guardian Heralds? So cool. But? Totally not gonna happen, after AvalonGate and FriscoGate.

"Well. Yeah. If Animus and Leo are picking...,"
    he let that thought hang, then abandoned it. Like a slice of cheese thrown up on a window. Why? Because someone was yelling for Enchanters.

He looked around.

"Is there, uh, anywhere to sit? Like, if we're going to be here a while?"

Because loafers.
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Samaritan liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp actually sort of thought Zoey would make a reasonably good Sentinel as well. She wasn't a law enforcement officer, but she was so fucking meticulous that nothing got by her. Oh well. Jobs for everyone.

"Well, we'll see how it goes," she said with a small smile at the other VT lady as she let the subject pass by without worrying more about it -- "Santa...?" She looked around, then gave Star a look and a little smirk. Was someone more worthy of a nickname than Del Taco now? If so, where was Mr. Claus?!

At Star's question, she motioned over at a bench. "Not great seating, mind you, but it'll do. Unless you want privacy. There's some dorms."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Uh. Um. Maybe a bad idea to suddenly disappear up to the Arrow dorms?" Avis replied, cocking an eyebrow. Just momentarily, and her gaze carefully avoided Star's. "I mean, uh, the Heralds might be announced at any time, ya know?" Yup. That was totally it.

"And yeah, who's Santa? Is that the guy that yelled at Leo during the boxing thing?" This time her eyes did meet Star's, but just because it would have been weird otherwise. Weird was definitely something to be avoided.

"If you really want a seat, we could always just chill in an arcade. The floor and the wall aren't that uncomfortable," Avis suggested, using her toothpick to point out her favorite alcove in the cathedral.

12. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Was that a look*? Like a Not Looking Look? About...?

No. Way.

When @Avis looked back up, he stared**. Just a little. Mainly, because he couldn't just ask.

"Uh. Yeah. Yeah, that's right. Boxing ref."
    He always stared when he was talking about boxing, yo.

"You know, because he looks like Santa. But, uh, that's probably not fair. Since Santa's all like, creeper spying on kids like some arbitrary judge and jury over what's good and bad and breaks into houses at night."
    Because teaching kids some old creeper is going to give them toys or sticks and spy on them? Sure, that's normal.

His face fell as he thought about what he'd just said. Okay, so Bishop was a Guardian. It was entirely possible he was spying on people and breaking into their homes. But adults. And Breaches. Not random judgement on 'good' and 'bad'.

Elven sweat shops are creepy, too, yo.

Sometimes? You just need a mental detour to take your imagination away from the privacy of dorm rooms.

"Ummm, sure,"
    he nodded, bringing his thoughts back to the moment, and making a Lead On gesture. "I, uh, bet you know all the good spots? From reading?" Funny. Time flies.

He glanced at @Asp , to see if she had any objections... then smiled. "Also? So Asp claims she reads allllll the time. I'm calling shenanigans. You ever see her read?"

* 1 Success I SAW THAT
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-12 15:14:07 Star rolls 4 to PER check (Wits + Com) -1 Distractions in general (10 Again) 8, 5, 7, 7 1 success
      ** 2 Successes WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-12 15:14:53 Star rolls 3 to Wits + Empathy -1 (10 Again) 9, 8, 1 2 successes
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Cayce, Jag liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp nodded in understanding at the Santa thing, silently listening with a vaguely amused look on her face until she had to fake-scoff at Star. "What, do you think we girls just all hang out in one of our rooms all night without inviting you or something? I read in my room. Where it's quiet." And Star so wasn't invited. She laughed good-naturedly.

"An arcade is fine by me. We can chill for a bit while we wait for Aquinas and Company to return."

She motioned in the general direction of their agreed-upon sitting location. Party was over. Now, all that was left was wrap-up and admin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread