Ended
Watch

(1407)(The Duel) Balanced Cadence

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 1 (Hierach)

Aquinas looks worn as he lowers himself down on the bed in the room he's commandeered within the Circle. It is a small dorm, the first door he found that wasn't occupied. He nods to the last to arrive, a request that they close the door behind them.

Thank you for stepping forward,” The Mastigos starts, the adrenaline of the duel and his victory receding. “I appreciate that you are confident enough in the new way of this Consilium to put yourself forward for consideration.

Settling, he looks at everyone in the room. Aquinas is normally well-humored but right now, he is as serious as one should be while taking control. “I am sure that you have a million questions for me,” Aquinas says, a slight smile painting his features despite the gravity of the situation, “but I only have one request for you: tell me about yourself.

His gaze, though weary is imminently curious. Glancing from Zodiac who he has met, to Aurum, to Crowley, and Reverb. It is an open-ended question, the type Aquinas enjoys, not just for the answer he gets but in how they choose to answer it.

Mentions:
    Djinn Yog-Sothoth Yumyumcrow Beej

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Fuck it. Guess I'll go first," Aurum said with a shrug when no one said anything right away.

"Well again I'm Aurum and I've been in this city before. I had to leave for some personal reasons, but I spent some time in the city and became the Moros Councilor. I got the crash course on just how dangerous this city could be. When I first arrived Andrade was the Hierarch then and I got mixed up in the insident with Vector over the Trench Journals and the Bridge Incident. Vector got the better of us and the Hierarch decided to save her brother and sold the rest of us down the river. Animus took over after that. I learned a lot from that incident. You can't wait around for anyone else to save ya or figure someone else will solve the problems. Several of those counselors were dipshits back then and almost got me and everyone killed cause they wouldn't do anything."
    The goth looked around to everone present and then returned her gaze to Aquinus.

"Well what I'm trying to say is that it is important that we have people that know how important it is to have a properly functioning and communicating leadership structure. Networking the cabals and keeping in communication with the counsilors is a crutial first step in getting things on track. Things were horrible then, and it looks like things are still not any better. I also agree that we need to be more careful who we let into our circle especially after this Avalon business and with people like Vector out there gunning for us. I think it is important we stay independant and I honestly believe that each of us can pull together and whip things into shape. I would love the opportunity to step up and do something to help you get things back on track Hierarch. "
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

B
    Beej

Vincent's brow creased and he turned slightly toward Aurum. "Who is Vector and what are the Trench Journals?" He had been in town for over two years and that had never come up. He sounded an awful lot like a heavy hitter when you got into blackmailing a heirarch's into fucking everyone else over.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Vector? Trench Journals? It all went over Crowley's head. The information regarding betrayals from a previous Hierarch caused his face to pinch into an even more serious aspect. His mouth twisted. Lessons would have to wait.

"That, like, goes way over my head." He said frankly. "Well. I"m Crowley and the last time I was around here was a lifetime ago and before the Truth was revealed to me... yeah, on that little trip with the Faeries, yo. So that will mean a fucking steep learning curve as I get my bearings and sort out the best way to build communication between the factions of this here Consilium - and between the Consilium and the Assembly. But I'd like to say that that is an advantage. This town has a fragile community with some deep shit by the sound of it. New Hierarch..." Crowley nodded to Aquinas. "I'm new too. Neither of us are linked to the past so its a complete break. A fresh start. New beginning. I don't have any prior attachments - hell, the group I'm with are brand new themselves. No ties. That way, the Hierarch can send me out knowing that my actions aren't coloured by whats gone on before. See - I'm perfectly neutral at this point. A vote for me is a vote to avoid the entangling past, yeah?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

... A Free Councillor... pitching things like a senator? There was a mental eye-roll, but she kept it off her face as she let the Aurum and Crowley introduce themselves. After a moment of silence, having made sure the door was securely closed before taking a seat and giving the gathering a vaguely polite look, Zodiac sighed a little internally as she turned a polite gaze on Aquinas, once more.

"You and I walk the same Path, Heirarch," she began, "and I'm certain you know better than I the powers of our Path that can be of assistance in this kind of position. If you wish for a resume, I can assure you mine is lengthy, but given our last meeting I should hope you realize already the kind of no-nonsense person I am. I offer you simply this as to why I chose to volunteer for this position:

"I am of the Visus Draconis. I will not tolerate any level of bullshit walking through these grounds. I will not tolerate those who are recklessly intending to call attention to themselves, or this Consilium. I am not a returnee, and yet within a month of being Acknowledged in this city, I was able to join a Cabal, acquire a Sanctum, and was made the one to speak for said Cabal. Take from that as you will."

She left it at that, seeing no need to reintroduce herself by name, Path and Order. The time for questions for people in the room was not now - they could discuss the Vector and Trench Journals issues at another point. The man was likely weary enough - had none of them participated in a Dual Arcane? His will had taken physical blows, and the whole room had been full of a draining sort of tension. The man had decisions and issues enough to deal with at this moment, prattling wasn't what he needed.

C
    Casitive

Aquinas | Spells Active | Silver Ladder Status: 1 | Consilium Status 1 (Hierach)

Nodding faintly, the Hierarch visibly starts arranging the chessboard in his mind. “So, that's what happened to Andrade,” Aquinas' voice carries a note of sympathy, either for her or for the Consilium; it isn't quite clear.

Vincent's question, doesn't directly answer Aquinas' but it is an answer.

Crowley's response caused the Hierarch to cant his head to the side before Zodiac's no nonsense demeanor takes center stage.

Finally, Aquinas asks what seems to be his last question, “How do you,” all of them, “see yourselves working together?” Lacing his fingers, he lowers his head listening rather than looking at his potential Heralds.

The Man might have already narrowed it down some, but the response to this may confirm his suspicions.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Yeah," Aurum began with a pained expression regarding Andrade. "I wouldn't wish a choice like that on anyone."

The Moros again decided to speak up first either to get this over with or again be the first to break the ice.

"I could see a lot of it would need to get hammered out between the two parties based on preferences and strengths. Open communication again is important. The tasks could be split between the two members, kind like a divide and conquer approach and then coordinate our efforts by keeping each other informed of what is going on. Then fill in the gaps where needed with various tasks. Like I have a working knowledge of death and soul stains, but a working knowledge of mind is something I'm working to at the moment. I can see both Heralds working together to compliment each other with expectations and duties clearly defined between the two and duties can be adjusted as needed. But, details would be best discussed when there is time and we all aren't so tired. It has been a long day." She said as if speaking about herself and including everyone so as not to look like she was singling out the Hierarch. "I will say that I don't have a problem working with any order or apostates. I'm confident that I can come to a working agreement with anyone chosen. I judge people based on the content of their character and their actions not their order affiliations. We all have different skills and being adaptable is important for success."
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

B
    Beej

"Aurum is right, working out strengths and weaknesses. But also training. Right now Order heads and Jammer are the ones who acknowledging new arrivals. That's six targets on six backs getting narrowed down to two. While we all have to worry about running into to Banishers and wack jobs, its going to be doubly so for the Heralds since its all getting funneled to them." he pauses and glances at the other three and then back to Aquinus. "I've been in town for a few years now and I know what happens when you're unprepared. Now that might sound like a pitch for sentinels but.." Vincent shrugs. "It's a rough town. I don't see Heralds as just 'I got this and you got that'. There should be a lot of time training and learning. We'll need to be able to work together elbow to elbow and at a distance."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Zodiac's expression remained carefully neutral as she sighed to herself a little. Strengths and Weaknesses? Training? Those things should have been done already. Those shouldn't even have to be mentioned - they should already be in practice. That seemed particularly... lazy as answers went.

But the Heirarch's question had asked each of them to answer - it was easy to echo the sentiment of people before you, and Aurum's statement reminded her quite thoroughly of the Miss America pageants, where all the contestants were obviously going to offer "World Peace" as the thing they most desired.

Hollow echos. How did the others intend to back up these plans?

Thus far, how indeed could she see herself working with these others? Her gaze slowly moved around to each of the individuals, before she settled her gaze on the Heirarch again. "All have different skills that can be made use of. An analysis of these skills and open communication ought to be sufficient to keep things running smoothly."

Why the man had decided upon two Heralds was still somewhat of a question in her mind - it created the Mommy-Daddy situation, in which if one person provided an answer someone didn't like, the other would then be questioned. And what happened then? One says no. The other says yes. The other doesn't see precisely the things that the first saw - it was essentially offering the other party a redo. They fucked up. Try again.

"Being certain that the Heralds are in Solidarity is key."

Heralds. They were the Welcoming Commitee, the First Line of Defense, the Fact-Checkers, the Analyzers, and the people who ought to be keeping things running smoothly and peacefully between members already in the Consilium - they kept the information, the secrets, the messages... and they dispersed their information at accurate points.

They didn't need any more opportunities for infiltration.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley listened as the others made their speeches.

"This here Zodiac has the right of it," the Councillor nodded toward Zodiac. "Not much point if your Heralds are at odds, right? You need people who can get behind each other and totally support your agenda. We'll be the faces of your Council, I guess. That means we need to be able to devote the time to job - and be seen doing it."

He paused, scratched at his stubble.

"So I don't know about you, but we need to time to feel each other out. Thats not something you can do, boss-man. Not alone. You need two people who can work together and work with you. The only way to that is either have us do some get togethers and work out where we all stand. Or do do tryouts."

He looked squarely at Aquinas. Poor guy probably just wanted a break. Well tough. Top dog comes with responsibilities.

"So I guess thats your call. A quiet meal; chat; have us run something to see if we can manage something simple...?"

He shrugged. "If you are asking what I can do... well, I got some few contacts in the entertainment industry. I suppose I can have fake party leaflets dropped about town. Hide in plain sight, get the word out, you know. Maybe set myself up somewhere as a regular and let people know where to find me. It'd have to be out in the open, but thats the price of being a face, hey?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.