Ended
Watch

Snakey's Stakey

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    A
    Asp

Asp took the metal spoon as it was shaken at her. There was little about combat that squicked her out, but nobody liked eyes getting stabbed. "I'd put it in your eye with all my might. Grab you, stab, and keep pushing it all the way into your brain. I'd make it good for that by snapping the top off sideways with two hands and make a little knife out of it. More effective." It might not be pointed, but it would certainly be jagged and broken. That could be enough.

Asp thought about it for a moment. "Actually, it could be pretty good for severing a carotid too, if you did that. Either or."

Holy shit. She felt like she was talking about making prison shivs.

"As for why, I'd make it my sword because I didn't have another option. There are plenty of objects I could imagine being better swords, but when you gotta make do..."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis nodded slowly, her eyes fixed intently on Asp's face. It was the odd, the way the expression sat on the Warlock's face. It definitely wasn't one that Asp had seen sit there many times before. There was surety in Avis' gaze. Surety and Judgement, as well as something else. Something slithery and cool.

"That's not a bad answer,"
    she replied, eyes narrowing. "Still, it's not a good answer. It's not a complete answer. It's missing something. Something important, not to mention fucking obvious. Maybe that's why you didn't say it. But you need to. You need to say it. You need to admit it. To yourself, and to everyone else. You would make that spoon a sword because you want to kill. You want to see blood flow, and you want to see someone's sentience die. It doesn't matter the reason why you want to kill, the point is that you want to kill and you'll do anything to make it happen. Anything. You would even turn a spoon into a weapon of death because you refuse not to kill.

"If you're going to learn how to do this, you need to embrace that fact. I wasn't really being clear before,"
    she continued, voice raising, "but here's how it is. Everything you see is now a sword. The pencil you write with, the cup you drink from, even the little barrette in your hair. It's all death. It's all blood, and it's all because you want to kill. If you can accept that, if you can realize that then you'll have no trouble learning how to turn anything into a weapon. Can you do that?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes West, Teeramus liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp nodded slowly as she thought about it. It didn't matter why she wanted to kill. If she was so desperate that she was going to make a spoon into a shiv? Yeah. She'd need to want to kill. There were way better weapons, yet, here she was, holding a spoon and thinking about how she would gack her Cabalmate in a kitchen. It was obvious, but it was true.

"Yeah," she said finally, a bit of the Terminator look crossing her face for a moment. It wasn't written on her features. Instead, it was in her eyes. That hardness that Avis had seen before, right before Asp pushed the Mastigos's wrist down just far enough to spit her on her own desperate weapon.

"Yeah. I'd make this spoon a sword because I want to kill."

It was important to understand the motivations why she'd do something. She sure as shit wouldn't be improvising a sword-dagger if she didn't. She had expert martial arts skills if she didn't want to kill someone.

But sometimes, an Arrow needed to make someone die.

She let out a long breath. "Thanks, Avis."

For showing her that the line between killer and soldier was blurred, and not in the Robin Thicke way. And for Avis revealing part of herself, too.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

The Terminator and the Alligator stared at each other. Just for a moment. Then there was a blink, from one or both of them, and the Alligator was suddenly gone. So was a lot of the anger that had been leaping from Avis' mouth.

"No prob, Asp. That's the hard part, and it looks like you're basically past it. The rest should be easy. Just think about that desire as often as you can; when you go out, or even as you walk around here, and your eyes will find the items for you. Still, it does also help if the hands are used to holding oddly shaped swords. So, uh, do you want to gather up some random stuff and take it to the dojo?"
    she asked, thinking back to her original idea. "You hit up the kitchen and I'll see if there's anything from the trash that might be good, ok?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

A
    Asp

"Yeah, sure! Sounds good," Asp said brightly. Weird sword dueling sounded good to her! She got up and got to diggin' for pointy bits.

You wanna swap scenes, keep this one or fade to black assuming they engage each other in epic trash combat?

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Let's fade to black and assume that the training commences!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.