Ended
Watch

Beastly Buddies

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Saeyer

Ava couldn't quite tell if Mal could tell she had been lying, it wouldn't suprise her, or if there was something else going on in the wolf's head. Nibbling at the edge of the remaining crust of sub, she shook her head. "I don't know either of them well enough to ask them to teach me, though, shoot, I have to text Marcus about something." She grimaced briefly, but shrugged and kept rolling.

"Another knife session could be nice, though..." She paused; of the people at the previous session, the three who were still around were sitting in the room. Others had moved on, died, or were away on Court business. "... how expensive are fake knives? Maybe we could put chalk or something on them, so it rubs off when they touch something? But chalk would come off really fast..."

She tested her teeth gently on her straw, thinking for a moment before she sort of shivered. ...I don't even want to do this! Stop! Stop helping!

Objectively she knew that, at some point, she would need to get her shit together and really learn how to fight, or something. At least defensively. Maybe just to run away faster? No no, she really did need to be able to fight back against things; it wasn't something she should talk herself out of.

"Maybe I'll join a gym," she said, more to herself than the others.

G
    Greebs

Mal shook her head. "I am no teacher. I can help people practice, but teaching them from scratch? I do not know where to start..." she mumbled, gloomily. Giving Ava the out she needed.

No sense in making her look lazy when it was her Motley-mate who was letting her down

"Until you find someone who can teach, it is probably best to dial 1800-Summer-Court for all your stabbing needs..."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's eyes focus on Ava. Well, at least the Lady Scrivener was interested in the notebook, that was good. She may have been smiling nervously, it'd be hard for Ava or Mal to tell with the table still being at eye level: "Uuuh...heh-heh, n-n-nn-no ideas. M-maybe pl-pl-rubber toy w-w-w-with paints? St-sti-constant personal-I-like distance to proximity..uuuh," The raccoon scratches her head in thought, trying to recall what she could about those Lost, "N-not met Duncan. I-I-I remembers Marcus, heh. B-bought kniv-no-no-cooler--daggers? Yeah, daggers from him, beer-pong, he-date-Aaren, sssseem like nice helpy-erlpton-guy. Uh..." she looks over warily at Malory, thinking about the next suggestion.

Even with only her eyes visible her worry was evident. She shrunk a little before Malory said her piece. Than the worry turned to confusion: "1800?" She sounded really confused, "Is...uh, t-that a number w-w-w-we supposed to know? Or-or-or were you doing one of those analogy t-things? Sorry if getting it wrong. B-b-but take your oath-word for it Malory if-if you think you not g-want to teacher, heh. T-t-thought you did good at, uuuuh, oh-oh-oh, show-me-how-important dodging is." The forced toothy grin wouldn't have helped, if they'd been able to see it.

Morgan had been about to suggest inviting Cosima to the sparring/lesson. She knew the waspish, Spring sworder and the grumpy, Summer wolf didn't get along. A friendly match would sound less then fun, but suggesting it gave Malory the opportunity to show up the Fairest and cover her in paint might have sounded like fun to the wolf.

S
    Saeyer

Luckily Ava didn't have all that many stabbing needs, at least not currently. She sipped lightly on her beer as Morgan spoke, thinking. The last knife-fighting class hadn't been a disaster, but it could've been better; maybe some sort of unarmed training would be an easier place to start. Less material needs, less potential for accidental bloodshed. "Mm, I think... personally, it might be a good idea for me to learn more about what to do with my body during a fight. Like, what to do with my feet, how to avoid getting pummeled, that sort of thing. Maybe focus on punching before stabbing, work my way up. But if you decide to put together another class, let me know; I could at least observe." Hopefully that was enough to placate them for the moment.

Someday, they might make her a competent combatant despite herself. Not anytime soon, but someday.

Brushing the crumbs from her fingers, she tapped the cover of the most recent set of notes. "Was the Symposium helpful for this? I haven't had a chance to really read through yet, obviously, but I spotted a couple of things that looked new. Or different."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's eyes started shifting left and right as she fidgeted a little. She didn't want to admit this embarassment, but the red of her face was obvious even with most of it below the table. Those "changes" had been very necessary. "W-well Sssymosium did-did help a lot with identifying Fair Weather. So-so I had to ma-make some changes on that entry. I, uh, that-is I, I..." she kept fidgeting, trying to figure out how to make herself not sound stupid. Eventually her darting eyes looked down as she sighed out, "Fuck it."

With a deep breath she looked back up. When she spoke it was with a downtrodden tone: "I made mistakes in research. All that work on monsters made from elements was a no go. It was just a over-amped contract the Fae-fucker was using. Little evidence outside games buut kept going. So yeah, that part is totally new and only from the Symposium. Part on contracts also got new bits from the symposium. Edited Briar Wolves was on account of another mistake," she actually bopped her foreheard on the table at this point. She kept going in the calm, unhappy tone, "Pepper spray doesn't bother dogs. Got bit learning THAT. So its effectiveness on Hedge-spawn is suspect."

Morgan let out a loud sigh, then laughed, "Heh-heh, b-but better folks it be for if-if I learn by screw-up BEFORE bad ad-tips circulate, heh-heh. B-better one hurt idjit then many hurts."

S
    Saeyer

Pepper spray didn't work on dogs? A piece of information she never realized she didn't know, and hopefully would never need. But it sounded hard won, either way. As disappointed as Morgan seemed with the shortfalls of her first couple of drafts, it did sound like the Symposium had helped her out, in ways she hadn't expected. "Sounds like good information, especially about the fact that he was using a Contract. I wouldn't worry too much about the things that were wrong, you were working from supposition and hear-say," she added kindly. "Knowing more, it sounds like you have some new avenues to continue working."

As much as she meant the bit about not worrying over incorrect assumptions from previous work, she silently agreed with Morgan's comment about people getting hurt. She didn't want the Steepscrambler getting injured, but a couple of nips from a dog were better than trying to use something against Briar Wolves in a time of need and having them shrug it off. It would take time and some less-than-safe 'field research', but she was sure that by the time the document on Fairweather and associated nasties was finished it would be very thorough, and quite useful.

"Is there a direction you're considering taking it next?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan blinked a couple of times. What was she going to do...next? As has become her habit, the raccoon tilted her head in thought, much like the animal she resembled. What would she do next? And what COULD she do next? "Weeeell, n-n-not sure, heh-heh, really. M-maybe find-speak-talk with experts is about it. C-c-c-contracts be f-find folks with a-an ask b-b-b-but might be personals. Know-know-know Betony knows Sprights aaand, uh, n-not sure who else to ask-speak with on Hedge-y things. M-m-maybe look into old-old-old fairy tales. N-n-not Disney-fied bullshit b-b-but real oldie-old prop-fae-evil. Eh-heh n-not sure a-after t-that," she shook her head at a loss for what to do next. Honestly, the Symposium was supposed to be the big end all be all of this plan. "Maaaybe try second s-symposium n-next year? M-make it a repeat-thingie?"

She just shrugged, "G-guess this be as-as good as get f-for now. D-do either of yoz have idea-suggestion? N-not know lots of...folks...that...fi--oh!" Morgan stood up and pointed at Malory,"Malory, you Summer-Summer folks is-is fighter-winners r-right?"

"S-summers should h-have t-tale-story-exploits of v-v-v-victors over b-b-baddies. C-chronicle t-them and-and maybe-might-chance learn h-how to beat-baddies, heh-heh. T-then shares. Uuuuh, so-so," Morgan's excitement dies down as she flushed and looks down at the table. She is fidgeting with her hand behind he back and one foot is tapping the table's leg, "D-d-d-do you, heh, have a-any members th-that are good at telling t-that kinda stuffs? Or-or get-gathers p-plans?"

G
    Greebs

Mal lifted up her head from hiding her sulking behind reading Morgan's notes at the mention of her name. She raised an eyebrow. "Marcus and Duncan have been around longest so may have some stories to share... but if the collective oral history of the Summer Court had a solution to the present problem, Spartan probably wouldn't have just taken a running jump off a hotel and hoped for the best."

She looked thoughtful, "Lucas was Autumn Court originally... he might have some older lore to draw on..."

She was still far too proud to refer to him as 'King' Lucas.

S
    Saeyer

Ava blinked at Mal; she couldn't recall if anyone had mentioned to her that the Summer Sovereign had previously been of the Autumn Court, but it was an interesting detail. "Huh. He did have that book, the one he burned at the Coronation, that had to do with the dragon somehow. Could be worth asking him about?" It had been destroyed, but surely he'd cracked the cover once or twice.

She lapsed into thoughtful silence, sipping at her drink. The sovereigns were still a bit of a mystery to her, for the most part; perhaps the Wyrd was especially fickle in Sacramento, to give and take and shift so easily.

ooc

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan slumped her shoulders as Malory made a accurate, if harsh, comment on the former Summer Sovereign, point: "Oh, heh-heh...g-good point," She sighed as the idea of learning from the victors went down the drain. Sure she could ask but it seemed Summer tactics tend towards thuggery more then tactical genius. The standard answer would likely be: "hit it until it stops moving." She tilted her head in though, wondering if she'd ever even heard of a Summer group using actual tactics. She paled a little realizing she had that time the Chicago Lost had used her as bait, without telling her, the Summer in charge had sounded like he knew what he was doing.

She shook her head free of that thought. Who did Malory mean: "Uh L-Lucas? Whoooo--oh, yeah, heh-heh, THAT guy," she remembered now and sounded less then thrilled. Well, his first impression had been her grumpy friend didn't like him. Second impression...there wasn't one, "S-sorry, time taken to r-recall him, not seen much...huh, n-not at Forge parties too...Where he even hat his hang?"

Twas a good question.

ooc

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread