Watch

Beastly Buddies

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Morgan Bellanar

(Beastly Buddies)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

Morgan had little difficulty finding the apartment that belonged to Ava and Malory. She actually delivered to that neighborhood regularly on behalf of some lawyers that employed her. She'd no idea why they didn't go, it wasn't a bad neighborhood to the Beast. Of course, the Steepscrambler had some strange standards. She actually knew some good places to stop for food en-route and did so.

Her backpack had more then enough room to let her carry the food without using her hands. The note reprints took up less space then the originals. The only problem she encountered with the address was arriving at the rear entrance: no buzzer. It wasn't hard to get around to the front, she barely made any noise hopping the trash bins. Then it was just a matter of buzzing the apartment.

After convincing the buildings door to open. After that though, she pushed the button for the apartment number Ava had given her.

S
    Saeyer

The pair got so few visitors the sound of the buzzer made Ava jump. For a few breaths she just stared at the strange contraption on the wall as if it were about to leap off the wall before she remembered what it was for, and hit the button to let Morgan in. With a weak laugh, mostly at herself, she gave the room a cursory look to make sure Mal hadn't seen that.

She had been looking forward to Morgan coming over; even though it was partially business, there was something warm about having friends around for sandwiches and beer. She and Mal were close, close enough that they could live cheek by jowl and not kill each other, but they didn't exactly sit around chatting. Sure, the apartment was often filled with a comfortable silence as they both sat with their respective books, but that was't the same. Jack, the usual bringer-of-much-feared-fun, had been too busy lately to shake them up.

Trying not to make it seem like she was hovering, Ava waited by the door to let Morgan in.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The stairs weren't the worst that Morgan had seen. She bolted up them to the apartment, loudly skidding to a halt at the door. Taking a moment, she got the subs out of her backpack, holding them in one both arms. Then noticed a problem. She shfited them to one arm and knocked on the door (shave and a haircut beat), "Um, h-heh-hello? A-Ava? Malory? I-is this the right place? Berry-tooth-honest zorr-sorry if error-wrong!"

G
    Greebs

Fortunately for Ava, Mal was in the bathroom and thus failed to observe her little moment.

Doubly fortunate for all concerned, clothing was definitely in evidence. It's not like she was doing it deliberately or anything...

Her stomach growled, petulantly. The 'F' word had been spoken, and now the fastest courier in the world could not get to them quickly enough. It would take some careful debate to tease out of her whether she'd be happiest to see her friend, or that said friend was bringing food.

S
    Saeyer

Ava was about to peer through the peephole, but the sound of Morgan's voice made that unnecessary. She took a moment to undo the lock and the deadbolt, then opened the door just wide enough to see out in case the voice had been a trick; no, the Raccoon looked just as she should. A smile lit the fish's face and she held the door open properly. "Hey Morgan, come on in. Any trouble finding the place?" It was a silly question, but it felt polite to ask.

The Nix stepped aside, motioning for their visitor to enter. "Mal, Morgan is here," she called back into the room behind her. The Hunterheart likely already knew, but once again: polite.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

It was a testament to how familiar Morgan had become with Ava that the smile didn't set her to panic. Ava wasn't a violent, destructive monster, but the raccoon had a serious phobia regarding sharp teeth, and the Lady Scrivener had those in spades. A brief flash of fear in the eyes that was quickly suppressed was the only sign of this phobia today.

Instead, she nodded her head as she stepped inside, "Ye-uh no-no-no troubles Ava," she rapidly shook her head, "arrive-find easy, heh. Juuust wrong entrance f-first, no buzz-ton....Little trash there." The last was accompanied by a shrug.

Morgan looked about the room, seeking somewhere to put the backpack down. "Food-otes-n-ack...Eh-heh, s-s-sorry. Food 'n notes in backpack, heh. Food top, no squish subs, nuh-uh-no," she undid one strap and swung the backpack in front of her, opening to show, and check, that this was true.

The subs were fine, "Yuppers, heh-heh. M-m-malory here too, good-yay. How things? I-I-I hope not c-causing incompete-no-no, incontin-no, heh-heh, hope no troubles by me?" The rambling raccoon was having trouble recalling the right word.

G
    Greebs

Mal and Ava's apartment, as Morgan could see, was a small one bedroom apartment. Only two doors led out of the main living/kitchen area, and one had swung ajar and identified itself as a bathroom. The main room housed a compact kitchen in the corner, a small table, a couple of chairs, and a few black and white photos of expansive, pensive landscapes that were held to the wall with small nails. At the far end of the room, beneath a window, was a tangle of bedding with a couple of short, beaten bookcases nearby.

"Hi, Morgan." Mal said gruffly, never more impatient at the Raccoon's nervous waffling than when it, and the pleasantries it was interfering with were standing between her and food. "What brings you up here?"

Her stomach noisily grumbled again.

It was a terrible dissembler.

S
    Saeyer

The fish's smile curved lopsidedly as she tried not to show her amusement. "Nope, no inconvenience at all." It was a struggle not to emphasize the word the Steepscrambler had been looking for, but she managed it. Just barely.

Casting an eye back at Mal as her stomach spoke up, she added, "Morgan offered to bring over some notes she's put together, and I figured we might as well make an evening of it. Give us time to talk about them and such." She really had no feelings about whether or not the conversation stayed on the topic of the notes, but she found it was a little difficult to just come out and say, I thought it would be fun.

She jerked a thumb toward the table. "I'll grab plates, if we want them, and I've got beer in the fridge." Trotting into the kitchen, she began to retrieve what she had mentioned. The beer wasn't anything interesting or great, but it was decent and cheap, two things the Scrivener could definitely appreciate.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan sighed in relief that she wasn't causing trouble simply by arriving. The raccoon also nodded along as Ava spoke. At the end she added on, "Yeah-yup, t-that stuff A-ava just saids!" she pointed with both hands at Ava for emphasis. Then she raised her hands, pointing up with both, "A-and meaty subs-food. Nnnnot sure type best-get so-so several, heh-heh," at which point she showed them off by hefting her backpack, revealing 5 wrapped sub-sandwiches on the top of its contents. "Eh-heh, I-I-I can-will just put-spot them on the table, heh. Noooot sure 'bout plates b-but the napkin-hankie maybe good-advise."

Morgan went over to said table and put down the 5 still wrapped sub-sandwiches. She also took out the notebook she'd re-written for Ava. Morgan's head shook about as she tried to figure out: a) where to put the notebook and b) where to stash her bag so it wasn't in the way.

ooc: feel free to pick a kind of sub Morgan bought

G
    Greebs

As Pack Alpha (at least, in her own mind...) it was entirely reasonable that Mal should eat first.

Thus, she had one of the subs unwrapped and rammed in her gob before the final one had even hit the table.

Not that there were any problems with 'eat it or lose it' in this house - oh no! She was just... hungry. It had been a long day, and Lunch already seemed a lifetime ago...

"No-ahs?" She said, through a mouthful of bread and meat and correct priorities. A few brutal, efficient chomps and down to her gullet it went. "What sort of notes?" she asked, before plugging up her talk-hole once again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread