Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Walk in the Park

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Anywhere he felt comfortable. It could have been ominous, but was more likely simple practicality on Faith's part. Regardless, the shaman had jumped at the chance to influence his environment.

He drifts through East Portal Park, eyes closed, to an outsider seeming oblivious to his surroundings. But every living thing emitted a spark, their collective glow filling a hunger that was never quite physical. With nearly everything in the vicinity living, the perception was quiet enough on its own, leaving him content enough while waiting for the Chicago Thearch's arrival.

Presence 3: Subdued
    Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Frozen moment before plummeting
    Pepper

Nimbus

Pepper seems to be caught in a moment just before plummeting
    Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper had opted for a walk today. It was after work, and she just wanted some time to herself without needing to read anything. She was still in today's suit though.

There'd been a brief bit of debate about the use of sight as she left the publishing house, before using her basic fall-back for the decision: Tanya wasn't with her, best to have her eyes peeled. So she cast Sybil's Sight as she entered the park.

Sight 1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-03 18:16:27 Pepper rolls 5 to Sybil's Sight (Gno+Fate) (10 Again) 2, 3, 2, 6, 8 1 success

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A scent on the breeze piques his curiosity, and the Thyrsus shifts direction, angling toward the source. Spellwork. Perhaps ...

As his eyes drift open, the mistake becomes clear. Still, any mage he didn't recognize on sight was either a curiosity, or potential trouble. One way or the other, not to be ignored.

He approaches cautiously, but with a friendly demeaner. If she was alone, he had little to worry about regardless. "I don't think we've met. Are you new around here?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper started, not really expecting anyone to address her... let alone a complete stranger. Though she definitely felt the presence of a spell on him. Was he a Mage, then? "New-ish, yeah. Moved in at the beginning of July."

She paused, then, unsure if he'd be an ally or not. Mage didn't mean safe, after all. "Just in time for the Fireworks." That should be a safe phrasing, and hopefully if he was of the pentacle he's associate that with the Duel... and if he wasn't with the Fourth.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Supernal Vision, 3 suxx, -1 Mana cloaked
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-05 09:23:05 Faith rolls 9 to Supernal Vision Rote Wits+Occ+Prime+HS (10 Again) 3, 8, 9, 1, 6, 2, 10, 4, 5, 4 3 successes

The late afternoon started to cool the streets down when the petite Thearch walks slowly into a park that Animus pointed as their meeting place. The Theurge wasn't surprised at the notion. Animus stroke her as a "calm Thyrsus" type all right. She didn't mind; the topic of the talk wasn't the nicest ever and if she could get Animus to feel comfortable and safe, it might safe herself some headache. Pure politeness was also a factor - she was the one who approached him, so he got to decide where they talked.

Seeing the man, the peacock feathers-clad redhead waved as she approached him and the woman. "Good afternoon, I hope you didn't wait long?" She smiled to him. "I didn't interrupt you, did I?" Curious look on the other woman. She met her, but when...?

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pepper's words earn a soft chuckle. "I'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more specific. There have been many fireworks lately."

Any further reply he might have given is cut off by Faith's arrival and odd glance. "Nothing worth worrying about. Any chance the two of you know each other? I haven't managed to get a name yet."

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Oh hey, it was that cute red-head from the laundromat. Pepper gave a little wave to her, even as she noticed her senses saying that she was spelled up too. Had she accidentally stumbled into a meeting? Oops. They definitely seemed to know eachother.

"The ones on the 17th." Dates would clear that up, hopefully. Not the best code word afterall.

Haven't gotten a name yet, right. "Not that I caught your name either, mister; I'm not inclined to give my name out to random men who come up to me in a park. Not exactly the safest game plan for a woman." It wasn't an apology, just a statement of fact said in the kind of voice one develops from a near daily exposure to unpleasantness. It wasn't just him being a mage that made her a little cautious, but her rebuke was done with and she'd heard the red-heard call herself Faith at the Duel, so she could extend a bit of trust to him.

"I've seen your friend around a couple times, don't think we exchanged names though, but laundry, and 17th again. Regardless, I'm Pepper."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quick nod. Not sensing any other higher life nearby, he relaxes a bit. "Those were a long time in coming. I'm Animus." A name she ought to recognize, after that particular gathering.

"Do you doubt your ability to defend yourself, then?"

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status

Allies

Entertainment 1
    Contacts

Entertainment 1
    Scene Info

Mana

8/11 Standard
    -1 Magic and Coffee
    Willpower

5 Standard
    Health

7 Full

PRE

Pepper tilted her head and gave an amused snort. "I'm going to amend my previous statement, I caught your name, didn't catch that it was your name." She shrugged self-depreciating smile twisting her lips.

"And... hm. How should I put it... I'm not as skilled at it as a lot of people I know, and if you'd been more random I'd be a bit more more confident of my chances." Fighting a normal person was one thing, fighting a mage, though? There was more risk there.

"But even then? I'm not the type of person who seeks conflict. I like nudging things to see how secure the situation is first... and I've had some - uh, let's no, terrifying is too strong, and it's too common for weird" She shook her head, giving up on figuring out a word for it. "Just encounters where people seemed perfectly normal until they find my facebook accounts." Sad fact of the day: People would totally ask you out on your professional profile, in some of the least respectful language out there..

Acanthus
    Nimbus
    Pepper

Nimbus

Awakened Status

Consillium 2
    Silver Ladder 2
    Acanthus 2
    Mortal Status