DISPLAYED
(Night Lightning) Plan and deploy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Vassagon , Dark Passenger , SoraLow

Nox Populi, formerly known as Avalon is one of the few places in Sacramento where Kindred can converse freely. It is also one of the more obvious places one could place an Elysium in so the Domain is quite lucky in not having any major hunter problems, otherwise this would probably be the first place to be hit.

Regardless, three Kindred are about to gather tonight to discuss their plans regarding a certain self-imposed investigation in the Elysium part of the club.

A few nights have passed. Vitae refreshes to average, +1 Willpower for rest since the last scene. Please mention your equipment (which you will probably not be bringing inside).

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

After an night of dealing with the criminal element of Sacramento, Konrad is the proud new owner of the floor plans for a residence in the suburbs. The price feels steep after wasting a whole night in negotiations and promises but he hopes the effort is worth it. With the sheets securely housed in a cardboard tube, Konrad heads back to his Haven to examine his findings. A quick Google search later reveals that the address is all wrong from the floor plans and they're entirely worthless for his purposes. With no time left, and his Allies tapped out, Konrad texts Richard and Chris to give them to schedule a meet-up at the Nox so he can pass along the bad news.

Konrad has his Ghoul drop him off this time, forgoing the bus to avoid the need for Vitae. He heads up into the Nox, finding his way to The Stairs. He wears his leather jacket and sneakers as usual, checking his prybar at the coat check. Hopefully they'll be able to make due without the plans and treat this like just another burglary.
    Equipment

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris had prepared for the meeting, but not by calling any allies. He did what Mekhet do best: be alone and get some research done. He told the others that he would probably be at Nox already. And he is.

Now that he's the Reeve, he has to be around more often, and he can easily do that in his own office. However, he's currently not sitting there. That would make this all too formal. He's waiting for Konrad and Richard in the common Court area. He got his 'serious action' clothes on, a long leather jacket and boots. Good in slippery situations, yet he can move freely and still have some protection.

While sitting in a sofa he was reading some last things on Google about the Saunders family. But he immediately looks up when he hears footsteps. His Beast roars as usual, although after merely two seconds he speaks.

'Ah Mr. Roth, good evening.'

Equipment
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Seeing Chris in the commons disturbs Konrad's Beast in no way as he approaches the seated Mekhet. If the man feels any discomfort by Konrad's presence, he can't tell.

"Hierophant Wooding. Or I guess I should say Reeve now, shouldn't I," says Konrad in greeting to the esteemed Kindred. "Congratulations, by the way. I never had a chance to get to know Connery, but I'm sure you'll be a credit to the role." One never knew who might come to power in the Domain, and after returning so soon to Sacramento Chris is certainly making waves. Despite the respectful tone, Konrad still seems to have an air of ease about him as if he still regards Chris the same way as before his promotion, as if it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Taking a seat at the furniture opposite the sofa, Konrad makes himself relatively comfortable. Rather than chew the fat, however, Konrad gets right down to business. "I'm afraid my contacts fell through on my end regarding any digging into Emily Saunders and her estate. I don't think it's anything to do with her being off the record, rather I just haven't quite established myself among the criminal element in the city. In other words, my bad. I hope you had better luck on your end of things?"

Konrad isn't exactly a proud man so he's ready to admit his faults, but he's still not making any waves himself by coming here empty handed.

Richard shows up last to Nox with an almost frantic pace and while in the process of sliding his arms into the sleeves of an all black hoodie. Upon closer inspection one might realize that he is slightly intoxicated but otherwise in clear enough mind to get the job done. Regardless of tonight activities a man had to eat and just so happened that a Sac U house party was currently in full swing, Richard just had to stop by for dinner and dessert but the lean which circulated through the system of the college students was now slowly filtering its way out of his own and as such he felt the slowed heavy sensation with every step. Finally he reached the bottom of the stair case where he caught his first glimpse of Konrad and the new Reeve Chris. "Konrad" he said with a nod before turning to Chris, "Reeve Wooding".

Richard is still wearing an all black hoodie with a matching pair of black denim jeans. On his feet instead of the normal timberland boots are a pair of lace less vans which he hoped would help move with a little less noise. He had no resources to to utilize in preparing for this job so he would definitely need to find a way to pull his own weight by the end of the night. I'd better or the Reeve might dock me a nights pay he thinks to himself. Richard passes that thought aside, despite not exactly agreeing with each others methods it didn't change the fact that they were in it together and it certainly didn't change the fact that at this point Richard has essentially been dead weight since the bar where it all first began.

Equipment

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris simply shrugs, he wouldn't mind having some people still calling him Hierophant. 'Hierophant or Reeve, both are fine, whatever you like. One is not more important than the other to me.' And if so, it would be his Covenant title.

While the Gangrel sits down, Richard Black arrives, and Chris looks at him up and down. Something seems different, but he doesn't know quite what it is. Maybe he's just imagining things. 'Good evening.'

So they all had a night to prepare. He didn't really expect much to be done. It's not easy to get such private info. 'That's too bad. At least you tried. I guess we'll just to search through every room.' He smiles, that was the plan anyway.

'I have some information on the book that we're looking for. It's indeed very old and rare. The tome is believed to be a compilation of Enochian rituals dealing with prolonging life and how the application of electrical currents could increase their effects. The author is supposedly mad and electrocuted himself to death.' That's why Chris is in cultural studies. No experiments fail when you're reading a book.

Usually.

'However, something mysterious seems to be going on. Ever since the book came out, the Saunders family has gotten all its incredible wealth. But no member of the family seemed to live very long after it's first child turned eighteen. Some sort of curse? Or they just disappear from the public. There are speculations that it is all connected. But I only found references to the book, it has never actually been studied.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

The presence of prey comes willingly to be slain in the lair of monsters. Konrad's Beast senses Richard's, a weak thing, but a familiar weak thing. He shrugs off the noisy complaints of his nature and retains a calm friendly attitude. "Hey, Richard," Konrad says casually to the the man.

With Chris divulging details, however, Konrad is quick to return his attention to the Mekhet. "Hmm, well those rituals themselves just sound like some sort of pseudo science, but if the Saunders are really dying out as much as all that, makes me think of the Kennedy Curse. Of course they might just have some sort of terminal medical condition maybe. Or just kids overly eager to get their inheritance?" Konrad's mind is quick to suspect foul play rather than buying into occult theories, but he's just a practical guy. An ignorant practical guy who still has much to learn about his own occult nature.

"Well getting our hands on the book will probably answer at least a question or two. The real prize is figuring out what Professor Hitwick plans to use it for. So since we're sort going in there blind, how do you want us to go about getting in the mansion? Reeve, you said before we could give knocking on the front door a try, give you a chance to...uhh, slip your way in? Or if they're not home then we give breaking and entering a go." Or they could just strong-arm their way in, but a large residence could hide any number of unaccounted family members or servant who might call the cops without their knowing.

Richard listened to Chris explain what information he had managed to dig up about the book. What he had found was very interesting albeit a little far fetched, it would take more than zapping oneself over and over again to achieve immortality though it could still explain the families rise to wealth. It only took flipping through a television for a few minutes to learn that any form of age repellent could make money regardless of if it actually worked or not. So long as there were humans afraid to die there would be a market for such shiesty business. The only part that sounded truly odd was the families pension for dying at the age of eighteen, now that was something that warranted further investigation should the opportunity reveal itself. "If they had some sort of illness I'd imagine there would be a record of their death right? With all that money I doubt they would just lay down and suffer, there would be medical expenses and records somewhere unless they used a private physician but it still seems unlikely to me."

Richard nods his head when Konrad mentions Professor Hitwick and why they were really even interested in the book. Richard didn't believe that there was any merit to the book or its delusions but he did know that the professor at least believed that she was on to something. The only thing left to do now was to decide exactly how they were gonna go about obtaining it. From the way the conversation went back at the university Richard already knew that just busting in the joint was out of the question but he decided to give it one last shot anyway. "Let's say we get there and some bodies home, if that book is as valuable is it seems to be I doubt it's going to be as simple as find the right drawer. If it's true that they owe their wealth and fortune to that book its most likely gonna be hidden. I understand wanting to do dirt quietly but you know we might still end up having to coax the books location from someone" Which meant that they might as well just kick the door in.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris listens carefully to Richard and Konrad as they share their ideas about the whole mystery. It is always interesting to hear different perspectives.

'I guess we'll have to find out. Because it was all connected to the book, I don't think it's something medical. And if they know they would die if they got children, they'd probably wait as long as possible. So, my bet is that their disappearance is only to their advantage.' It's clear that, unlike Konrad, the Hierophant's mind is all about occult theories. Which could also mean that the house is packed with supposed-to-be-dead Saunders family members.

He takes a moment to consider the follow-up questions. 'Well, first things first, I suspect there will be a large fence around the estate. So we need one lie to begin with. I prefer to stay hidden as long as possible. I can dig into some minds...' He smiles, but then he nods to Richard, 'Again - violence will be our last resort. Don't forget that the family has staff, we should not underestimate them. This book seems interesting, but I'm not sure if Professor Hitwick is worth a massacre.'

She's not.

'So, does one of you happen to be a good liar - or otherwise gifted with some sort of "social influence"?' Dominate or Majesty, wonderful Disciplines.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

At Chris's question, Konrad looks to Richard and then back to Wooding. "I mean...I can lie. I'm not sure how well I can convince the Saunders that we're visiting for their benefit, unless we come up with a convincing story beforehand. I mean, Hitwick said that they've tried to get in touch before about the book, so they'll probably be suspicious to start if we straight up ask about it."

Just saying that much isn't entirely helpful so Konrad folds his arms, his eyes closed in concentration. "To get through the fence, if we were to talk our way in, we'd have to have something to offer that would be good enough to get our foot in the door. Either that or pretend to have blackmail on them. We could say we 'know' their dirty little secret, assuming they have something like that. If their staff doesn't know about it then they'll probably want to talk privately. But that's a big if and we'll only have one shot to make a first impression."

Or just ask nicely, like Hitwick had suggested to Konrad with his sticky fingers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread