Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Nosferatu Night ATTN all Nosferatu

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Blue convolvulus flowers decorate the main room of the Flower Shop. Two Scentsy flame- less votives are the only source of light - one at the doorway, one at the center of the room. The scent of clean vanilla mingles with the convolvulus flower blossoms. The main room is the functional but pleasing display of flower vases for purchase - three displays stand on the lower shelf. There are two electronic cash registers on the east wall and a wooden work table with four chairs squats behind these counters. Several locking counters line the walls. One the opposite wall of the front door is the door to the Greenhouse.

On the back wall, two high backed armchairs face the front door. Three other matching chairs create a circle around these chairs, facing inward and arranged that those seated can speak easily, but must turn their heads to see the doors. A low wooden coffee table sits between the chairs, high quality stationary and gilded pens sit in a hand crafted wooden pen holder.

Jennifer has Obfuscate 2 invoked to cloak her Beast

Jennifer sits in the first chair facing the door, toying one hand with the thick beaded necklace that encircles her long neck. Her bare shoulders are pale white. The dress is black and fairly elaborate, if not modern in the slightest.

6650-1.jpg

The main room has been re - arranged from the way that Sir Baldwin has seen it in nights past. Jennifer has posted a notice in Elysium that all Nosferatu are welcome to come for an informal meeting of the Family. Formal meeting to come later.

P
    Peter Baldwin

And indeed, Sir Baldwin was present already. His position was near the door, maintaining watch for arrivals. His Beast spread its tendrils out into the night, the Menace's tension making his poise seem like it was merely covering violence just waiting to occur. He was prepared for it, too, if need be. The Knight was prepared as always to defend the Priscus of Haunts. Beneath his tux were all manner of implements that were most unpleasant, hidden from prying eyes by the Cloak. His shirt covered a thin layer of Kevlar, a bastion between his flesh and learning what a shotgun blast at point blank felt like. Yuki Saito's discovery of that had been quite enough for him, thank you very much.

The Order of the Thorned Wreath was always ready to answer the Call even in the most social of settings.

"Do you know how many we are expecting, Madame Priscus?" Sir Baldwin was looking out the window, keeping watch.

It was good that Hazelton was doing all right. Their harrowing night chasing krokodil together hadn't been their end. The Requiem marched on, and now it marched into new Kindred in the city.

cloaked weapons
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-02 02:52:06 Sir Baldwin rolls 2 to forgotten two dice for knife (10 Again) 5, 1 failure
    2014-08-02 02:51:55 Sir Baldwin rolls 1 to Wits+Lar+Obf-1 for Knife (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2014-08-02 02:51:40 Sir Baldwin rolls 3 to Wits+Lar+Obf-1 for Stake (10 Again) 5, 10, 9, 5 2 successes

L
    LordProtector

It being an informal meeting, Joshua has decided upon merely using his second best suit. It's all-black, including the shirt, which makes the black tie somewhat less obvious. Once he enters, he makes a formal bow to the gathered, restraining his beast's urge to lash out at Sir Baldwin. Not the time, this is a friendly meeting. He insists on telling his beast.

He then introduces himself swiftly, "I am Mister Joshua Brenner, Lord of the First Estate, of the blood of Haunts." He doesn't leave the last bit out just because it's obvious for multiple reasons. Once he's done, he straightens himself. "I have recently arrived in Sacramento, thank you for the invitation."

She'd eventually have to break out this dress...

She'd been sort of looking forward to the opportunity to do so, to be honest, but nothing had seemed quite like it was the right time thus far. This, however, seemed like a good time. Her hair was twisted up on her head, a few light crystalline pins settled into her hair, and only a faint pink lipgloss donning her lips that particular evening.

The Priscus. Finally. It was going to be such a lovely occasion! Sinead glanced around the area thoughtfully, her Beast tucked neatly away beneath her consistant Mask of Tranquility even as she looked to the occupants with a gentle smile, a curtsy showing her bared feet for the briefest of moments.

"Blessed evening," she greeted, reigning her Beast in against the reaction it seemed to have any time that this same man, whose name she'd yet to catch, was around. The others seemed to pose no discomfort either way to her, however. The only discomfort she did face was in the auras she found herself surrounded by. Why did this room feel so... hostile? Or rather... why did its occupants?

Catching the greeting that Mister --- no no, Lord Brenner, Invictus-types and their titles meant being mindful! -- Brenner had offered to the others, she hesitated for the briefest of moments before sighing. She could introduce herself. Or she could allow them to ask. She wavered on it for a moment, then finally went along with it. The last thing she wanted to do was to get all amuss with titles...

"Ms. Sinead Lovekin, Acolyte of the Crone." Unlike her predecessor in introductions, however, Sinead chose to forego mentioning her clan. Because... yes, it was obvious for a variety of reasons, and wasteful words were wasteful. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, thank you very much for extending an invitation."

She wouldn't assume that the woman in the room was the Priscus. That would be foolish. But she knew her Priscus was supposedly a woman, and yet was the only woman here, thus far. A second curtsy was made as she inclined her head deeply once more. The dress was much too form-fitting to allow for a prolonged curtsy.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer rose as the newcomers entered the room. "Hello. Please, come in and be seated." Jennifer invited. Her voice was the deep gravel tone of a man who had chain smoked for forty years, although she was a twenty something brunette woman in appearance. As she stood, the change of the light showed a grotesque gaping scar on the right side of her neck, somewhat obscured by her black beaded necklace. One may think that it was the savage bite of an animal, never healed.

Once seated again, Jennifer continued.

"I am Madame Notary Jennifer Hazelton, Priscus of the Nosferatu. I trace my lineage thusly: Childe of Joshua Homan, childe of Lady Notary Gweneth Ward; childe of Libretist James Barlowe."

Her eyes moved to Mr. Brenner. She studied him a moment in silence. He stated 'Mister' but then elaborated that he was a Lord.
    "Excuse me, " The woman smiles most graciously.
    "- I don't think that I quite caught that."

Jennifer maintains the polite smile and interested gaze to the newcomer, inviting him to speak.

Her brown eyes then turn to the only other woman, watching her just as closely. At the curtsy, she smiles and nods her head in greeting.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Lovekin. May I introduce Sir Peter Baldwin; of the Order of the Thorned Wreath."

Cross LordProtector Sinead Lovekin
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There is a rhythmic tapping from outside; a scuffling and a snort.

The door opens and Dirge crosses the threshold. A dog, nightmarish and sleek, stalks, clatters and scratches over the floor. This Haunt is dressed in a shabby, bohemian rig with a scarf holding back her long tresses. A bandana is artfully wrapped around her head, obscuring her eyes. Cracked and worn ballet shoes adorn her feet, the criss-crossed wrappings doing little to hide the streaks of mud and earth. In one hand a walking stick for the blind; in the other, a lengthy lead with a chain restrains the hellish hound.

Dirge makes her way to the others slowly, stopping often to sniff the flowers. Her movements are careful and deliberate: transferring the cane from one hand to the other, gently holding the delicate blooms and lowering her face to receive the scent, and then back again. It is a drawn out process as she is guided by both the hound and the cane, tapping in time to her steps and snaking around, like a rigid, white, serpent's tongue, to gauge her surroundings.

Scenting few Beasts, Dirge paused before making her final approach.

"Priscus. Those of my Blood." There was a smile teasing at her lips - an enigmatic, Mosa Lisa smile. The subtle movement of her head seemed to take in everyone and no one. Transferring the lead from one hand to the other, she groped with crooked hand, for a chair.

7. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin gazed at each in turn as they arrived, nodding politely as each came by. "Pleased to meet you, Ms. Lovekin." Each were allowed to pass, and each were welcomed by the Priscus. He was about to reply to Brenner's introduction, when Priscus Hazelton paused to ask him to re-introduce himself - still, he did nod to him politely while he waited for his turn. That he was Thorned Wreath was obvious; he wore the symbol of the Order on his left hand in the form of the veridian gold ring his Sire had given him on the night he swore his Oath.

Was he a Mister, or was he a Lord? Titles of Tribute mattered, and knowing which was which was very important, indeed. He recognized the name, and knew it belonged to a Kindred Recognized among the First Estate. Good to know.

The blind Haunt's arrival was welcomed with a "good evening" and the courteous member of the Line answered her groping for a chair by placing one for her gently so she could sit. "There you are, just behind you," he said, stepping away to allow her her seat as he found his to the right of the Priscus.

2 sux to recognize Brenner's Invictus Status
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-03 19:40:29 Peter Baldwin rolls 3 to Int+Politics - Brenner's Invictus Status (10 Again) 7, 8, 10, 7 2 successes

L
    LittleFox

The Haunt approached the address she saw at the Elysium with purposeful steps, her worn boots making little noise on the sidewalk. Her hands were stuffed in the torn pockets of her ripped, dirty black jeans, the knuckle of one pinky visible through a hole in the outside of the denim. Her hooded knit scarf was once again adorning her head and shoulders, hiding her face, neck and hair from view. This left only her shockingly white arms visible to anyone who might be out, and might simply mistake their color for that of a shirt. As she reached the interest she paused, looking over the storefront before slowly stepping over the threshold. Upon being faced with Sir Baldwin, her beast lurches into the forefront of her mind, wailing and gnashing its teeth, as they might say. It is furious with his existence, and it was being loud about it.

Penelope closes her eyes beneath her hood, attempting to sooth it as she lifted her hands from her pockets, to the edge of the knitted fabric of the hood, removing it from her head slowly. She reached her hands into the scarf and pulled her unkempt, stark white hair from beneath the protective cloth, then turned her face up to look Sir Baldwin in the face. Pale blue, almost white eyes met his with an emotionless expression on her colorless face. She reached out a hand casually, meeting his gaze the whole while. "My name is Penelope Rebane. I am a Supplicant of Terror in the Ordo Dracul. I have just arrived in the city and I am here to meet my Priscus."

C
    Cross

Bump

Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer had politely waited a beat or two for Mr or Lord Brenner's reply, but newer arrival's demanded a hostess' attention.

Jennifer nodded deeply to Dirge upon the other woman's arrival.

"Welcome to my shop." She greeted sincerely. As Dirge was seated, Jennifer glanced to those assembled.
    "Good evening, Miss Rebane. Welcome to Sacramento." Jennifer stated. "Please, have a seat."

Jennifer attempts to discreetly bring another chair to the circle from the counter area. She takes up her seat that she had vacated at the arrival of her family.

"Thank you all for coming. I thought it was time that we acquaint ourselves with one another and see if any one needs anything... to learn, perhaps." Jennifer stated with her low, ruined voice.

"I hope that all of you are comfortable for the night. Perhaps we could state a thing about ourselves." Jennifer suggests. "If just to break the ice for a moment. Then if you have any questions for me, we can address them. I was born in San Diego. I first migrated to Sacramento two years ago. I spent some time in St. Louis recently, learning from Lady Notary Chappelle."

Is Joshua Brenner going to reply?
    LordProtector Penelope Yumyumcrow Peter Baldwin Sinead Lovekin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread