Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Max could only shrug, enjoying the light banter. "After, before, during... I like to hedge my bets..." He nodded slightly at the Prince's words about Covenants. Of course, it didn't hurt that the two most populous factions in the city were usually the Invictus and Order. No ideological wars between the Lance and the Crone to stir things up. And the Carthians never failed to live down to everyone's lowest expectations...

Max quirks an amused eyebrow at the sewer comment, joining the Prince in a bemused chuckle. "Oh, so it's just a hazing ritual then? I'll tell you this much, they hurt a damn sight more than the one I got in collage..." He lets the shared laughter die away, wondering just what the Prince was thinking about as Asa looked him over in contemplation.

Max didn't have to wait long to find out, and it was the last thing Max had expected to hear. It takes a split second for the words to register, followed by a slight twitch of his head to the side and his brow furrowing a little. The same sort of look you might give someone who said they saw Elvis on the subway last night. It wasn't that he didn't believe the man, it just a bit of a surprise...

Some great diviner of mysteries you turned out to be. No wonder you couldn't find her, she's right where you left her. Dumbass...

"Did you? Well, I suppose I'll see her at the Chapter House eventually. If she's kept up her studies, that is. Anything else I should be aware of? Pending Carthian overthrow perhaps?" The moment of shock passes over Max's face as quickly as it had arrived, the Mekhet quickly falling back into the light banter

2. Likes Matamune, Jag, West, Benji liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Aren't those always pending? At least, according to the Carthians?"

Asa laughed lightly, in true amusement.

"I've seen Miss Cohen once or twice, and the rumor mill has it that there's another one. As far as I'm aware, they're up to the usual. Platitudes, sullen thoughts, and being entirely dismiss-able." He shrugged. It wasn't an indictment of incompetence for form's sake -- just simply... true.

"Rumor also has it they selected a Prefect a few months ago, but then everyone simply left."
    His hands came up in a defensive gesture with a surprised smile. "And I had nothing to do with it. I suppose they just decided to show their solidarity in becoming eponymous."

Movement. It was a terrible joke. Fitting. It also served to put distance from the topic of Tracy Burns. He was pleased to see the old Reeve, and so the knowledge not affecting his decision to return was welcome. It also suggested possible entertainment for the next Court.

"On a more serious note, Regent Brady seem to have a grievance with the Order. I'm not sure if that's been resolved yet, but it bears mentioning. Regent-Deputy Redfill has also expressed some concerns about
    bandits with at least one ghoul, and Seneschal Villiers suspects a socio-economic threat," he continued. The words were accompanied by a small shrug as he re-folded his arms. The topics were of concern, of course, but he expected they would be handled. One way, or another.

He'd like to think he'd been a passable Deputy himself, once.

"Dillon Connery has also done well in the past year or so. He's the current Priscus of Savages, as well as Reeve. I've also named Velma Star my Harpy."

News, and persons of note. He quite expected Max to think what he would of the Harpy, and one could hardly blame him -- but if he underestimated her, well, he couldn't say she hadn't been brought to his attention.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

4. Likes Mykel, Jag liked this post

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

"Well, it's nice to see some things haven't changed that much..." Max said with a chuckle.

For a great number of reasons, the Carthians had become a sort of running joke in the city. And while it may be alright to use them as the butt of a joke in private; Max had never fully discounted the group as a possible threat to the city; if for no other reason than they tended to draw the crazy-eyed, Molotov-throwing type revolutionaries. And Mekhets and Molotovs were never a happy combination.

The amused demeanor quickly fades as the conversation turns to more serious concerns. Max listened intently as the Prince gave him a quick synopsis of what had been going on the past few months.

"I see. I imagine my next stop will be to the Chapter House to check in with whomever is left of the Order; I'll see if things have been put at ease. If not, Regent Brady and I are of the same Family; perhaps that will be excuse enough for me to talk to her and see if I can't smooth things out a little." To say that Max's last meeting with the Regent had been strained would be an understatement. But they were of the same Blood, perhaps he could defuse the situation if the need arose. As for the bandits...

"I can see where a rogue ghoul could be a problem, both for the Masquerade and for putting down the bandits. I remember there were a large number of masterless blood dolls and the like when I first arrived, right after the Lost Night. If the Reeve requires any assistance, tell him I would happy to help." Hell, it couldn't be any messier than the hobos...

All Max could do was quirk a curious eyebrow at the last part, both at Martha's promotion to Seneschal and the possible economic warfare. He knew he wasn't a number's man; and doubted anything he had to say on the matter would be of help to an Invictus Prince. Thankfully there was a bit of good news at the end to help lighten Max's mood.

"Connery is still Reeve? Good, that would explain why the drive in was so quiet..." A small compliment to a man who's execution of duty the Mekhet had never found lacking. As for Velma Star? His opinion of her was kept a little closer to the vest... "I'll have to remember to congratulate Ms Star the next time I see her. What little I got to know of her indicated the position will be a good fit for her."

6. Likes Matamune, Chrisie, Jag liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa didn't bother to hide his amusement at the thought of Max sorting things out with Erika Brady. He'd known the red-headed Mekhet as long as most -- and far longer than many.

"I'll be sure to pass on your offer,"
    he added, the amusement remaining.

A desire to help, a sense of duty, or had the Shadow Dragon caught a taste for excitement?

"Well. It sounds as if I'm keeping you from the Chapter House, then. Is there anything else I can do for you, Mr. Heinz?"

He half wondered if he'd be calling the man Grand Wyrm the next time they met, or if the title would remain with the tiny Seneschal.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

8. Likes Jag liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's arms unfolded, and he pushed off the armrests to raise himself to his feet. If anything, the look of confusion only fueled his mirth. Really, there were so few things to truly find humor in anymore.

Ish was right.

"The pleasure is mine,"
    he answered sincerely.

"I quite enjoyed our talk, and seeing your return. Good evening, Mr. Heinz."

He would be interested to see what effect the man's return would have on the Dragons.

Scene Ends

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mykel liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread