(Private) Meet your Priscus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

The Ballo Della Notte, a beautiful piece of architecture, sits quietly that evening. The outside boasts an old structure that had been renovated years ago. While updated, it still retains it old world feel.

The lobby is a breathtaking arc. There are concession stands here and there, but it does not diminish the feeling that you have just stepped back in time. Everything from the plush, rich velvets, the marble floor, to the hand carved woodwork on the walls, and pillars that extended to the ceiling brings one back centuries. The theater doors at each end of the arc are currently closed, and the lights are comfortably dim.

In the lobby stands Daniella, having received the text from Martha, she was expecting company. That evening she wore a black wrap around skirt with a white silk shirt. Her long hair was left down and formed waves around her face and neck.

She emits no Beast.

Derek_Rayner
    @Barachiel
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

B
    Barachiel

Derek walked inside, carefully taking in the elegant view before him. The theatre was beautiful, no doubt about it. He took a moment to admire the craftsmanship, running a hand over the smoothed woodgrain.

This lasted only a moment, however, as he noticed the extremely attractive woman waiting patiently on him. His Beast didn't rise in her presence. It was a relief, not ot have to deal with that little issue. Still, hewas glad he'd gone back to the hotel to change, once he double-checked the address and saw it was a more up-scale venue than the club he'd just frequented. His dark grey suit made by an English tailor last time he'd been in London, with a lavendar dress shirt, and matching tie of purple, black, and grey stripes.

"Ma'am," he said, bowing his head to her. "I am Derek Rayner. Seneschal Villiers advised me to see you as soon as possible."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Her Beast raised a lip in a snarl and challenge as the weaker Beast made its way to her.

As she exerts her will and control over it, a friendly smile appears, along with a slight bow of her head,

“Mr Rayner, what a pleasure to meet you! Ms Villiers sent me a message alerting me that you would be stopping by.” Spoke the British Shadow, her tone upbeat. Even though the lobby was empty, old habits of not using Domain titles remained fixed in her mind.

“Why don’t we move to my office where we can speak more freely.” She will offer, and if he accepts, she will move towards her office.

She will lead him through a door and down the hallway. There were a few other doors, all closed. Opening one of the doors, she gestures for Juan to enter, before following behind him and closing the door. A few lamps let off a comfortable glow of light, and allowed one to view the space. A desk sat in the corner, a lap top open and glowing on it, a bamboo plant on the other side of the lap top and books and binders lined the walls behind it. On one wall hung a framed copy of a painting, The Young Martyr. A small seating area was off to the side with an elegant, yet comfortable couch and two arm chairs. There was also the soft scent of Japanese cherry blooms in the air, perhaps Daniellas perfume?

Gesturing towards the seating area, “Please, have a seat.” Once he does, she will also take a seat.

“Welcome to the Domain! How have you been?” she will ask with interest.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

B
    Barachiel

Nodding, he moved to seat himself, unfastening his jacket as he did so. "Made to feel surprisingly welcome," he admitted. "I must admit, so far nothing in this city has been what I expected." His accent was the guarded neutrality of a professionally trained speaker, though the faintest hint of a Queens accent remained. Glancing aroundt he room, his gaze lingered on the painting. "Ah, La Jeune Martyre, by Delaroche, if I'm not mistaken. One of yours?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

There was a nod of her head and a smile, “That is wonderful to hear! I have noticed that of the few Domains I have visited, Sacramento has been by far the most welcoming.” At least welcome to those who respected and obeyed the Laws.

She follows his eyes as he mentions the painting, “You are certainly correct and have a good eye.” She replied, turning her eyes back to Derek. “It is mine, something I picked up a little while ago and have had in storage.” There was a slight frown after admitting such a beautiful piece was in storage. “But thankfully, I now have an office to display it.” The smile returns. “Are you a fan of art Mr Rayner?” she asks. “I would love to hear more about you if you don’t mind.” She said with interest.

B
    Barachiel

I have a Masters in Art History," he admitted with a wry grin. "Though my *ahem* day job, if you'll pardon the term is Antiquarian. Specifically I deal in rare and antique books." Derek inclined his head to the piece of art they were discussing. "I've been known to deal in other objects d'art as requested by my clients"

"As for myself, I hail from New York City, where I was apprenticed in the Ordo Dracul. Recently my sire and I had something of a falling out, and it was agreed by all parties concerned that it be best if I relocate. One of my friends in the Ordo recommended Sacramento to me, and here I am."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Delight spreads across her face, “Really?! What an impressive degree!” she gushed, truly impressed. “I would greatly enjoy visiting a museum with you sometime and discussing the various displays.” She enjoyed museums. “I have to say, I have never met someone who was an Antiquarian. What brought you to that line of work?” she asked.

“Ah New York! From the pictures I have seen, it seems like such a fascinating and beautiful city. Unfortunately, when I first came to America, I only stopped briefly in New York, so I didn’t get to experience it. Though it is on my list of places I would like to visit.” She says with a smile. Someday she would travel.

A nod of her head, “The Ordo has a strong standing within the Domain, so your friends recommendation was spot on. I’m sure Seneschal Villiers has provided you with the address for the local Chapter House. From what I have heard, it is a marvelous building.” Seemed while the Invictus numbers were growing, so were the Ordos.

“What about in your free time? Any hobbies?”

B
    Barachiel

"I haven't been yet, but I've no doubt. The denizens of this city seem to have a more interesting sense of aethetics than I'm used to. As for my degree, it's not, not really. Art History is a bit of a joke in academic circles. Fortunately, I was interested in one of the few careers one can actually pursue with one." Leaning back into his seat, the neonate relaxed a bit.

"As for my hobbies, I'm afraid I'm not terribly interesting in that regard. I'm looking at opening a new bookstore, and I imagine that will devour most of my free time for the foreseeable future. And I suppose it goes without saying that I love to read,"
    he added with a smile.

"As for that museum trip, I'd be happy to oblige you, though do give me some advance warning so I can brush up on my lore. I'd hate to disappoint."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“Don’t diminish your hard work at obtaining a degree. And like you have mentioned, it I a degree that ties into your career choice. Not everyone with a degree can say that.” She always wanted to obtain a higher education, but there just never seemed to be the time. Perhaps it was past time she made room in her life for some extra schooling.

“Oh, a bookstore! Would it specialize in a particular type of book, such as rare and hard to find, or maybe used and new?” she loved to read. “Reading is one of my favorite past times as well, and I would love to offer any aid I can in helping you achieve the bookstore.” It was a genuine offer of assistance. “Seneschal Villiers would also be a wonderful Kindred and Family member to talk with on literature, her vast knowledge never ceases to amaze me.”

She smiles, “We could always plan a visit around an upcoming display, that way you have time to look up some of the pieces and what not, though I highly doubt it would be a disappointment.”

Looking at and interpreting art was all a matter of opinion after all.

“Do you have any questions for me in regards to the Domain or Family business? Any questions at all, they are all welcome.”

B
    Barachiel

"Just a few, mainly in regarding places to live. The Hilton is nice, but I'm a bit of a pack-rat. Comes with the job. I was hoping to find something a little more spacious and light-sensitive."

He inclined his head to her. "I'm well capable of purchasing or renting all but the finest residences, I'm simply unsure where to go and who to speak to for those of our... persuasion."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread